Just nearly sent me back home to Blighty. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

He has made a mistake.

Rather than 2000 he paid 1900b for 30 day extension..

You'd think someone who's done as many visa exempt extensions as he says he has would know it's 1900 and not say it's 2000? Just more proof story is bs

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

You'd think someone who's done as many visa exempt extensions as he says he has would know it's 1900 and not say it's 2000? Just more proof story is bs

Agree. Also in that find OP account doubtful.

2000b for non O application and 1900b 30 day  extension to visa exempt and tourist visa (as you know) 

Perhaps he rounded up. 

22 hours ago, Chivas said:

They're starting to enforce the new twice a year  visa exempt entry that is per every Thai Embassies website worldwide (who's own nationals are entitled to it)

That's news to me.  I've entered Thailand 16 or 17 times in a row, on visa exempt.  Once a month since April, 2023.  I fly in to BKK and stay a few days each visit.

I'll post back if I ever do get knocked back or called aside for extra scrutiny, but so far it's been all smiles and stamped in.  So I'm pretty sure it's not the number of entries causing the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, impulse said:

That's news to me.  I've entered Thailand 16 or 17 times in a row, on visa exempt.  Once a month since April, 2023.  I fly in to BKK and stay a few days each visit.

I'll post back if I ever do get knocked back or called aside for extra scrutiny, but so far it's been all smiles and stamped in.  So I'm pretty sure it's not the number of entries causing the issue.

@Chivas read on Thai Embassy London website that only 2 visa exempt entries are allowed. Despite everyone telling him it's just wrong info on that site he insists its true, keeps posting it as fact and just recently posted that every Thai website says that (which no other site does)

You're wasting your breath trying to tell him otherwise

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

, I don't understand why the Mods allow such misinformation to stand.  It doesn't do anyone any good, and destroys the forum's credibility and value as an information source.

Lighten up.

Your previous post ., "I've entered Thailand 16 or 17 times in a row, on visa exempt.  Once a month since April, 2023.  I fly in to BKK and stay a few days each visit."

You seem to be be staying short visits.

Try ongoing stay and see how that works out visa exempt 

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2024 at 4:21 PM, ukrules said:

Never forget, they hate us and will do anything possible to screw you over given even the smallest of chances.

They hate he didn't pay their agent guy.  See what they REALLY wanted here - to line their pockets. 

People upthread pretending they "care" about "rules," as they push people to their agents - LOL!!!   We all know what they are.  No one is fooled. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/7/2024 at 6:49 PM, Pattaya57 said:

If you arrive on visa exempt why would immigration care if you have a Thai girlfriend who has a son. Neither are related to you so are not legal thai family, so why would they even bother to call her?

If anything, claiming long-term ties to GF after extensive travel history should help IO to say you are not a real tourist and therefore deny you entry

The new 60-day visa-exempt rules INCLUDE visiting family. 

But even if he didn't, he was here spending money into Thailand, so no reason not to let him do that.

"Real Tourist"?  There is nothing in the law defining a "real tourist" beyond specific reasons to deny entry - no money, working illegally, or other criminal activity. 

What were they going to stamp in his passport as the reason?  "Didn't have money" is the LIE the (expletive deleted) usually write in there - after they guy just paid for an expensive pair of air-tickets, and with a travel history PROVING he has PLENTY of money.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

23 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

To Thai immigration a girlfriend and her son not his is irrelevant to a visa exempt tourist entry. Only his story is making it seem so important to IO that they would actually face-time her

Exactly   

Bogus OP. 

39 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

The new 60-day visa-exempt rules INCLUDE visiting family. 

But even if he didn't, he was here spending money into Thailand, so no reason not to let him do that

The OP is not married nor has Thai child .

Spending money in Thailand has nothing to do with anything.

Focus on the thread.

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP is not married nor has Thai child .

Spending money in Thailand has nothing to do with anything.

Focus on the thread.

Fair point on the OP not being married.  But it is ALL about money - why they let us come/stay at all, and why they said the changed to 60-days VE and added the DTV. 

Immigration at bad entry-points do all this hassling, because they want "their cut" of "our money" for themselves.  They are not allowed to touch infrequent visitors on tourist-entries ("bad press"), but come some undefined "too often," and you are "fair game."  How often is "too often" depends on what the Boss needs for his beyond-salary lifestyle that day/week/month.  Otherwise, they would specify it.

14 hours ago, Rob Browder said:

Fair point on the OP not being married.  But it is ALL about money - why they let us come/stay at all, and why they said the changed to 60-days VE and added the DTV. 

Immigration at bad entry-points do all this hassling, because they want "their cut" of "our money" for themselves.  They are not allowed to touch infrequent visitors on tourist-entries ("bad press"), but come some undefined "too often," and you are "fair game."  How often is "too often" depends on what the Boss needs for his beyond-salary lifestyle that day/week/month.  Otherwise, they would specify it.

I’m not gonna reply to anyone making comments that they would not say to my face. 

Why do I need to be married ? I’m in the situation to support my stepson. I’ve had a lot of dealings with Isaan women over the years and would not by choice go to the trouble of marriage. 

Unless something is changed on my account at the airport it appears I could be refused entry if I don’t have the luck of my girlfriend being there on the other end of the phone when she needed to be like on Saturday. I can apply for a retirement visa next year as my egg timers sand is running out quicker than I thought, now I’m 49. I don’t need one as for the next few years I’m going to be saving hard to replace the money I’ve used to support myself and my family and 10 dogs.  I will be taking just holidays accrued from work as I prepare my finances for the end of life. 

It does make me laugh when I hear the usual crowd coming on implying I’m just making up a story , for what ? What a bunch of sad cases you could not possibly want to swap places with. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Stevey said:

It does make me laugh when I hear the usual crowd coming on implying I’m just making up a story , for what ? What a bunch of sad cases you could not possibly want to swap places with. 

Having been in a similar situation for years with my then GF, now wife - when in my 40s - I truly sympathize with your situation.   Running immigration's gauntlets was even more stress on her, than it was me.  I would message her my entry-stamp as soon as I entered, so she could relax. 

I have read similar stories here for years, so do not think you "made up the story."  Unlike many, I didn't get the impulse to switch into a smug "I'm allright Jack" type, after turning 50.  

My support of my wife and her family during covid were invaluable to them, and though we were married then (so I could an extension based on that, though was a PITA), had I been on covid extensions at the time, my help would have been no less important to them.   That immigration would use that against you is despicable.

What helped me the most, was realizing many immigration entry-points and local-offices are run as a racket.  Once looked at with that POV - and acting accordingly - life here got much easier. 

For example, next time entering, you must either pay the airport-immigration's agent, or fly to a nearby country (Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos), and use a known-safe land entry-point   Be sure to check on this site just before crossing, to see what rackets are being run where, because the nature of the game and locations can change.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/11/2024 at 12:20 AM, JoseThailand said:

I love those "nearly sent back" stories. You were just questioned, not "nearly sent back". They question many people every day, and only a small portion of them get sent back. No big deal.

If his GF hadn't answered the phone, he would have been booted.  And they would have stamped "didn't have the money" - after telling him it was for "coming too much/often" - to spite flying to/from England (which isn't cheap, these days).

37 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

If his GF hadn't answered the phone, he would have been booted.  And they would have stamped "didn't have the money" - after telling him it was for "coming too much/often" - to spite flying to/from England (which isn't cheap, these days).

Like I said, they question many frequent visitors, but only a tiny fraction get actually denied entry. 

On 9/10/2024 at 2:25 PM, Mark1066 said:

Stopped reading after "fake pandemic" as my time is precious, unlike yours.

If it wasn’t reported like it was you wouldn’t have known it was happening. What about Africa and India how come they didn’t bother with it ? 

On 9/11/2024 at 12:20 AM, JoseThailand said:

I love those "nearly sent back" stories. You were just questioned, not "nearly sent back". They question many people every day, and only a small portion of them get sent back. No big deal.

Hey I hope you’re correct. When I was Penned in to section in the queuing area maybe that was for show. Maybe the whole thing was an act to make me spill the beans about them thinking I was working or something but when I was finally let go after the chat with my girlfriend the original IO who stopped me told me that even if I got a tourist visa in England next time I would be refused due to my history of extending visa exemptions on the basis they wouldn’t believe I was not gonna longer than that visa ( who cares ? )  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevey said:
On 9/10/2024 at 2:25 PM, Mark1066 said:

Stopped reading after "fake pandemic" as my time is precious, unlike yours.

If it wasn’t reported like it was you wouldn’t have known it was happening. What about Africa and India how come they didn’t bother with it ? 

Leave out the politics in forum for advice re visa, residence,work permit etc 

On 9/9/2024 at 6:05 PM, Rob Browder said:

Having been in a similar situation for years with my then GF, now wife - when in my 40s - I truly sympathize with your situation.   Running immigration's gauntlets was even more stress on her, than it was me.  I would message her my entry-stamp as soon as I entered, so she could relax. 

I have read similar stories here for years, so do not think you "made up the story."  Unlike many, I didn't get the impulse to switch into a smug "I'm allright Jack" type, after turning 50.  

My support of my wife and her family during covid were invaluable to them, and though we were married then (so I could an extension based on that, though was a PITA), had I been on covid extensions at the time, my help would have been no less important to them.   That immigration would use that against you is despicable.

What helped me the most, was realizing many immigration entry-points and local-offices are run as a racket.  Once looked at with that POV - and acting accordingly - life here got much easier. 

For example, next time entering, you must either pay the airport-immigration's agent, or fly to a nearby country (Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos), and use a known-safe land entry-point   Be sure to check on this site just before crossing, to see what rackets are being run where, because the nature of the game and locations can change.

Thanks for your support, Thai Visa is full of absolute Psychos but there’s a few normal people. I had the thought I may have to fly in to Cambodia and cross the land border to get in in future if I got refused at Swampy. How ridiculous after I spent £50k here of my life Savings from 2021 Jan to 2023 may. Riding out the cough, and enjoying life.

Talking to my Oz friend here in Isaan he said I may be because in my mind it’s 2 land border runs a Calendar year and then you have to fly in so I had done 2 in the first 6 months of this year and left for England.  My holiday days were due in my new job so I jumped in a plane short notice and never thought there was an issue. My mate suggested that when Jan2025 comes and the entries will reset to zero the drama will be over but it’s a lot of hassle when every day of annual leave is precious now I’ve decided to really stay at work and bank the cash. 

20 minutes ago, Stevey said:

My mate suggested that when Jan2025 comes and the entries will reset to zero the drama will be over but it’s a lot of hassle when every day of annual leave is precious now I’ve decided to really stay at work and bank the cash. 

It's  about time spent in the almost continuously back to back using visa exempt entry. 

Balanced between time out of Thailand.

Current thread just one example...

Spending 6 month in and months out using visa exempt entry.

Should not be an issue