Frenchman arrested in Krabi for eight-year visa overstay

snoop1130

2 hours ago, SmokeandIce said:

If a newly arrived immigrant who often does not speak the same language and most likely no college degree can steal your job, then what type of Job did you have ?

black americans are complaining the illegals have taken their low education jobs... for one...

servian or albanian maffia has taken over the local maffia in most west countries, even outbidding the russian we were used too

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stargeezr said:

I hope he can find a friend back in France. Go home Frenchie.

He may be one of those 10000 foreign fugitives who have found a safe heaven in Thailand: Americans, Brits, Poles, Romanians, Lithuanians, Ukrainians, Russians, Koreans, Chinese, Kazakhstani, Nigerians, Belarussians, etc. :welcomeani:

Stop Visa Free Entry for Citizens of Russia, Kazakhsatan, China, etc.jpg

Edited by Hakuna Matata

36 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

I don't agree with these old people that are being caught on overstay getting deported, they're no harm to anyone.... 

What's the set age for law breakers to retire and become harmless?

I met a guy once who committed his 4th murder in his 70s.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

What's the set age for law breakers to retire and become harmless?

I met a guy once who committed his 4th murder in his 70s.

There's always one.......

Comparing a 4 time murderer to an overstayer is comparing apples to oranges.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

Illegal immigrants in America have taken the jobs that used to be worked by teenagers, elderly forced out of retirement, the working poor and various troubled people with family problems, mental disorders, drug addictions etc... because they work harder for less.

So you're basically dunking on the least fortunate people in society and kids trying to making a few bucks going through school. Are you proud of yourself?

i think the point is he broke the law, he could have contacted an immigration lawyer  to try and straighten things out to stay legally. but he waited and waited and waited it was only a matter of time before he got caught.  most likely will be blacklisted never to return.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Poor sod. Looks like some rat ratted him out. 

Cops/Immigration should have better things to occupy themselves with. Minor things like murder, rape, extortion  (sorry, can't really investigate yourselves), etc. 

Totally agree. It is usually the ones on Elite visas or other 5 year visas that are the real threat to society I think that has been proven in the past. drugs, prostitution, call centre scams, luxury villas, cars, bikes. But they are only caught after their own countries issue a warrant for their arrest, and low and behold, the TRP know exactly where to find them! A guy begging food, a little old lady ( who forgot) now a French guy no danger to anyone. They all have one thing in common, NO MONEY FOR THE PAY OFF.

• Confused 1

Cops/Immigration should have better things to occupy themselves with. Minor things like murder, rape, extortion  (sorry, can't really investigate yourselves), etc. 

So immigration officers shouldn't do their job but do other work so the police officials for that area don't have to ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

Serbian mafia, lol. I am Serbian and our population is literally dying. After you bombed us from trying to take our land from Albania, we got depressed and stopped procreating and you think Serbs are able to organize a Mafia.

As for Albanians, you wanted them, so enjoy.

My Bosnian girlfriend saw it somewhat differently. But I guess you just forgot to mention them.

38 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

There's always one.......

Comparing a 4 time murderer to an overstayer is comparing apples to oranges.

I've met overstayers who were murderers.

There's always one... wanting to put all people in boxes

• Agree 1

Stupid old git, more like!   It certainly does not "look like someone ratted him out"...

"...an inspection of foreign workers to enforce the Immigration Act of 1979 and other relevant laws ... 

Police Major General Songprod Sirisukha, along with his team, coordinated with the Krabi Immigration Office and local police to inspect accommodations and businesses employing foreigners. During these inspections, 65 year old Didier was found and questioned".

Now his problems really start. He'll be stuck in a local prison for goodness knows how long and then he'll be transferred to the Hell Hole of the Immigration Detention Centre. He'll stay there in awful conditions until someone sends him the airfare to leave Thailand. Until then he'll be stuck there for the rest of his life if he can't come up with the money.

2 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

At his age, he could have been enjoying a French pension netting between €1,200-1,400 per months.

I suspect the reason for his over-overstay is because he is wanted in France, has huge debts, or plenty of alimony & childcare expenses -or likely all of the above.

Other than immigration violation and dragging proper expats down by association any evidence he did anything wong in Thailand? I do not believe in borders anymore.

If people otherwise follow the rules and do not become a burden they should be able to live where they want.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, john donson said:

black americans are complaining the illegals have taken their low education jobs... for one...

servian or albanian maffia has taken over the local maffia in most west countries, even outbidding the russian we were used too

WTF? Frenchmen gets caught on long overstay in Thailand and this is your reaction?? Do you have an agenda or what?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

I wonder where these people get their money from, I think he did well to get to 8 years.

I had a friend who overstayed 5 years until he got caught for not paying his rent, nobody new, but in the end he started asking everyone for money, he still bull<deleted>s about overstaying, he thinks everyone that knows about what happened is stupid. He keeps saying he will come back next week but next week never happens he must have got 10 year ban, that was five years ago.

2 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Illegal immigrants in America have taken the jobs that used to be worked by teenagers, elderly forced out of retirement, the working poor and various troubled people with family problems, mental disorders, drug addictions etc... because they work harder for less.

So you're basically dunking on the least fortunate people in society and kids trying to making a few bucks going through school. Are you proud of yourself?

The people you describe have always been reluctant to do manual labour, particularly  agriculture field work. The last people you want working on a roof or other construction are the mentally ill or drug addicts. Do you want a mentally ill person at a slaughterhouse, holding sharp knives or an electric saw?

In some countries, much of the staff in senior care homes is filled by both legal and undocumented  labour. No one wants to  work in a laundry handling feces and urine soaked  bedsheets and clothes. Many restaurants in the USA would close without  undocumented labour. Urban Americans don't like hard work and  are not willing to consider communal living in order to make ends meet.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

I like to know like how do you do banging hard you find the place to stay they always ask me for my passport. I’m doing banking TIT.

You find a friend to stay with and don't use banks.  From the photos it doesn't look as though he's staying anywhere that would give a toss about checking his passport!

14 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Good Job! Now Bye bye!

Here we go the Gods Children, condemning everyone while at the same time,. frequenting bars with girls or ladyboys for sale, drinking while drunk (2 beers). riding  without a helmet. Drinking on Buddhist holidays. Paying agents to do their visa. Remember God's Children......Let he who as not sinned, cast the first stone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

I don't agree with these old people that are being caught on overstay getting deported, they're no harm to anyone....

So you think that no visas for long term stays is a good idea...(like your own country does for foreigners?)?    How do you know that this old git hadn't been doing any harm to anyone?

Edited by Liverpool Lou