Is Oppo the brand for a new Android mobile?

george

I’m in the market for new, cheap Android, max 5-6k THB, as a secondary mobile.

Phone only to be used with light applications like Gmail app, Line etc. No video stuff etc.

What’s the best Brand and model for the moment? A larger screen would be nice..

Oppo? Which model in the 5-6k THB range?

🙏

14 minutes ago, george said:

I’m in the market for new, cheap Android, max 5-6k THB, as a secondary mobile.

Phone only to be used with light applications like Gmail app, Line etc. No video stuff etc.

What’s the best Brand and model for the moment? A larger screen would be nice..

Oppo? Which model in the 5-6k THB range?

🙏

Have a look on Lazada, both OPPO and Vivo are good phones, I've bought a few for my gf and her family.

Make sure you read the comments and pay attention to the stars.

Watch out for copies and non genuine models, fakes with slight spelling differences eg. OPPQ 

Then put the model into this website, it will give you the Specs, ram, Rom, CPU, usb c or micro connection etc.

https://m.gsmarena.com/

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

9 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Have a look on Lazada, both OPPO and Vivo are good phones, I've bought a few for my gf and her family.

Make sure you read the comments and pay attention to the stars.

Watch out for copies and non genuine models, fakes with slight spelling differences eg. OPPQ 

Then put the model into this website, it will give you the Specs, ram, Rom, CPU, usb c or micro connection etc.

https://m.gsmarena.com/

i would not buy one from lazada though. there are a lot of fakes. 

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Get a Xiaomi phone in particular Xiaomi Redmi Note, I'd go for the 13 5G. I have a 9 and a 12, very popular phones

I went up to the POCO X6 Pro from Xiaomi. Got it on Lazada on 9/9. Should have been 10990, paid 7915. Brilliant phone

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

what does it do that Redmi Note 5G doesn't?

https://youtu.be/NSSlN-jSqpA

Most Android phones do the same thing, same as most cars get you from A to B.

But speed/performance, memory, RAM, charging speed, feel, screen look, warranty and price all come into the equation. All depends on what you use it for. 

Edited by KannikaP
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

https://youtu.be/NSSlN-jSqpA

Most Android phones do the same thing, same as most cars get you from A to B.

But speed/performance, memory, RAM, charging speed, feel, screen look, warranty and price all come into the equation. All depends on what you use it for. 

Yeah but often people extra for no obvious benefit, all these phones are fast now with loads of memory, sometimes the camera is better, that's a good reason to pay more, sometimes

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah but often people extra for no obvious benefit, all these phones are fast now with loads of memory, sometimes the camera is better, that's a good reason to pay more, sometimes

Yes, these days the camera seems to be more important than being able to talk to other people.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

what does it do that Redmi Note 5G doesn't?

Apart from a later version of Android, a better chipset, faster charging, WiFi 6, HDR 10+, aptX HD and 4k video.....image stabilisation for pictures and video. When you go from an iPhone to one of those budget phones, you really notice that shaky, blurred video.

• Confused 1

I hate to be a broken record, but I'm liking my Samsung A05s, which is at the lower end of the OP's price target.  I bought it the first month they came out, and I think they've come down 1000 baht since then.

I've always had good luck with Samsung smartphones (and the software), except that time I fell out of the boat with my phone in my pocket.  They're not waterproof.

The A05 is even cheaper, but lower resolution screen.

• Agree 1