'Love tourists': Single men travelling overseas to find a bride

Berkshire

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

So your claim is actually, "men who let women walk all over them will likely still have that happen to them if they go to a foreign country to seek a romantic relationship".

It helps to be a little clearer when using a word that has multiple applications.

To be fair, I appreciate that that that you are attempting to actually have a discussion. Yes, I could have elaborated, but I'm often quite busy doing other things.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, NowNow said:

History will likely repeat itself for the deluded. Most of the women pictured look like prostitutes who will walk all over those weak/pathetic/disgusting men.

Weak. pathetic, disgusting men you say ? What gives you the right to make such a contemptible statement ?

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Bride hunting has been going on for ever.

Poles, Russians, Slovenians, Ukrainians, etc etc.

I worked with a guy in Tokyo back in the early '90's.

He was almost retired. His Russian wife was in her mid to late 30's.

Drop dead gorgeous lady and and they had lots of sex. They had two children together.

His only complaint, she never stopped nagging him.

I am old enough to remember magazines advertising foreign brides. That previous to what we have available now via the internet.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Weak. pathetic, disgusting men you say ? What gives you the right to make such a contemptible statement ?

Yes, that was my impression after watching the video. I already elaborated as to how and why I came to that conclusion.

You do understand that people can have a different perspective? That is what happens on a forum, people put their views forward and we have an opportunity to discuss.

Instead, a few people get 'triggered' by another perspective and turn to abuse instead of a reasoned discussion. I have my perspective on that kind of behaviour too. 

So I stand by my comments and am happy to discuss them with anyone who does not understand or agree with my point of view. Isn't that how it is supposed to work with men? Reasoned debate. 

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It absolutely boggles my mind to think that a man would actually go out of his way to try to find a Russian bride. I could not possibly think of an easier way to become unhappy and unfulfilled. I've known several men that married Russian women and each and every time it ended in disaster. One Tmtime it ended in such a way that the Russian woman threatened to cut the man's heart out of his chest, while he was sleeping. 

My first wife threatened something similar. She was from Forfar, in Scotland.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NowNow said:

What did you do to make her mad? 😊

Good question. To this day I don't know, perhaps because my work took me abroad for extended periods. Her mother was aggressively unbalanced and, as time went by, she developed similar symptoms. Not great for me, but far worse for our two children. Finally divorced in 1986 after 23 years of marriage. Posted to Bangkok, I met and married a Thai lady in 1990. She is now 70, I am 82.  We are still together, and very happy to be so.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Thingamabob said:

Good question. To this day I don't know, perhaps because my work took me abroad for extended periods. Her mother was aggressively unbalanced and, as time went by, she developed similar symptoms. Not great for me, but far worse for our two children. Finally divorced in 1986 after 23 years of marriage. Posted to Bangkok, I met and married a Thai lady in 1990. She is now 70, I am 82.  We are still together, and very happy to be so.

Nice that you have support and companionship after such a traumatic period.

37 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Yes, that was my impression after watching the video. I already elaborated as to how and why I came to that conclusion.

You do understand that people can have a different perspective? That is what happens on a forum, people put their views forward and we have an opportunity to discuss.

Instead, a few people get 'triggered' by another perspective and turn to abuse instead of a reasoned discussion. I have my perspective on that kind of behaviour too. 

So I stand by my comments and am happy to discuss them with anyone who does not understand or agree with my point of view. Isn't that how it is supposed to work with men? Reasoned debate. 

Indeed. however your language in this case was inappropriate, to put it mildly.

8 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Indeed. however your language in this case was inappropriate, to put it mildly.

I don't think so. I think the interpretation comes down to the reader. My comments were contained to the actual subject matter; the people shown on video. Obviously a few saw themselves within my description and reacted. 

A simple example; you are 82 and your wife; 70. Just from that simple observation, you would not be included in the vision of a thirsty old man ogling and groping a young Ukrainian/Thai woman. 

If the cap fits, wear it. Those who reacted angrily should look to themselves. I kept my comments restricted to the topic and did not even think about anyone in particular here. So the reactions were somewhat enlightening.

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

You have no proof at all any of them are prostitutes so you opinion is just mysoginist prejudice. You have not attempted to discuss anything but merely accused a group of women you have no idea about of being prostitutes. Thats not reasoned debate, it's name calling.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, proton said:

You have no proof at all any of them are prostitutes so you opinion is just mysoginist prejudice. You have not attempted to discuss anything but merely accused a group of women you have no idea about of being prostitutes. Thats not reasoned debate, it's name calling.

I wrote that they looked like prostitutes, that's my opinion. Backed up by the interviewee who spoke about the men just going there to have sex with the women. Also the wearing of bikinis and the suggestive dancing and groping. That is my reasoning. 'Reasoned debate' happens when other members discuss. So let's see your reasoning.

I'm guessing that you have nothing and that you are just hanging on to my coat tails looking for an argument.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I wrote that they looked like prostitutes, that's my opinion. Backed up by the interviewee who spoke about the men just going there to have sex with the women. Also the wearing of bikinis and the suggestive dancing and groping. That is my reasoning. 'Reasoned debate' happens when other members discuss. So let's see your reasoning.

I'm guessing that you have nothing and that you are just hanging on to my coat tails looking for an argument.

Yes looked like = prejudice, why do you think they look like prostitutes? Woman can wear what they like, bikinis does not make them prostitutes, unless you are a religious nut case.

22 minutes ago, proton said:

Its astonishing how many people on this forum appear to have deep rooted sexual issues particularly regarding prostitutes.  One has to wonder what it was that attracted them here in the firstplace, and why they choose to remain?

2 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I am sure yours is different 

My what? You wrote about "all of us" and now you are referring to possible partners. Different to what? What is the base criteria? Mine is not Thai, so it's going to be different there. Mine does not require my financial support, so that differs from those who do. What is your point? I'm not 'getting' it.

Just now, Bday Prang said:

Its astonishing how many people on this forum appear to have deep rooted sexual issues particularly regarding prostitutes.  One has to wonder what it was that attracted them here in the firstplace, and why they choose to remain?

It's astonishing that you think Thailand is only about prostitution 🤯 Shocking and sad.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NowNow said:

My what? You wrote about "all of us" and now you are referring to possible partners. Different to what? What is the base criteria? Mine is not Thai, so it's going to be different there. Mine does not require my financial support, so that differs from those who do. What is your point? I'm not 'getting' it.

Is she Ukrainian or Russian?

Edited by mokwit
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1