Visa Overstay Leads to Arrest of Maldivian East Coast Gang

webfact

48 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

"They also monitor the entry and exit of individuals into Thailand"

Interpol "red list", but no problem entering the country ?  

Will ETA improve the situation?

Assuming they entered visa exempt.

Having granted them a visa would be even a bigger joke.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

So immigration just happened to be at this condo. And saw this foreigner acting suspiciously? I'm sorry but what is suspicious behavior in a condo where he was just hanging out and living? 

Sounds more like someone tipped immigration and the man began to act suspicious when immigration began walking his way. Other than the threat to be stopped. why would the man act suspicious and immigration be called to check? 

Could care less if they were profiled...they are criminals and deserve to be in prison.  Get them out of this country.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Immigration Bureau would like to inform the public that they maintain strict measures to monitor, crack down, and prevent various offences, including the surveillance of both Thai nationals and foreigners with arrest warrants.

So how do people with a Red notice enter Thailand?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

No, they don´t. They only catch people on overstay by checking passports and after find out the rest. If they monitor, these three guys would not been able to enter nor stay in Thailand as they would have found them much earlier. Lies, lies and more lies. Talk, talk and talk just to keep up the fake wall of good looks.

Makes me suspicious of the actual reporting quality.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

So immigration just happened to be at this condo.

No, they did not just happen to be there, as the OP clearly reported...

"Through investigations, the police found that these three Maldivian nationals were residing at a condominium on Ramkhamhaeng Road, Huamark and exhibited suspicious behavior.

The officers then observed the area"

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, CharlieH said:

"They also monitor the entry and exit of individuals into Thailand"

Interpol "red list", but no problem entering the country ?  

Yes, these Interpol lists seem to largely ignored by Thai Immigration. It is only when some "concerned citizen" reports some "suspicious behaviour" that they spring into action.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

They should've chosen the UK as their location for their overstay/nefarious activities, first sign of trouble, lodge an 'asylum-claim', job's a good 'un!😊

Right religion too.Mr Mohamed would feel at home in the UK.Wonder if him and his mates are any good at grooming?They could replace the 7 that it's took 20 years to bring them to court for the Rotherham scandal.That is 7 out of the 157 who committed these horrific acts but the police couldn't find the other 150.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

You lack common sense really, the answer is in my comment above. Once you are listed red on interpol, and they would check you, they do see that right away. You would not be entering with a live red interpol warrant.

Did I quote your comment? No, I quoted the news. My would I lack common sense? Because I don´t read your post? I was just referring to that they always catch people on overstay, before they check if they are on the list. Would be quite easy  check the list on a regular basis, and compare against people who have entered and are in the country.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1