No Honey No Money

Chris Daley

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Certainly some guys do change, when you pay them monthly why not, some guys leave it too late and get stuck with them. As the ladies get older they desperately don't want to lose their ATM, some even threaten suicide

Well if she actually does commit suicide that will save you from a messy divorce especially -- as a widower --  if you've already found a younger model ready & willin'.

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, still kicking said:

I don't know you and I am glad I don't I also have been married to a Thai since 2003 and would not trade her in for anything even if I could. You sound like an sexpat to me who smokes weed and drinks Lao Khao all day every day.

My kind of Guy!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Certainly some guys do change, when you pay them monthly why not, some guys leave it too late and get stuck with them. As the ladies get older they desperately don't want to lose their ATM, some even threaten suicide

Thet really are beneath contempt.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Even though my wife is very smart, I do not get much intellectual stimulation from the relationship. But, I get so much more. And in all of the relationships I was ever in with really smart women in the West, who I got intellectual stimulation from, there was also so much grief to contend with. Such combative women. So much competition. Yikes. Thrilled to death to have left all of that behind. When I was only in the relationship for a year or so, I had dinner with a very sharp American friend. I asked him about that. He laughed. He said, when you feel the need for intellectual stimulation, call me. We can hook up for the meal, and break down the origins of the cosmos. Do not fret. That same brain that gives you that stimulation, also tends to give you so much grief, it is not worth it, on any level. Get over it. Enjoy all of the other qualities, that make your day so delightful and fulfilling. Great advice, that I have followed to this day. I learned long ago that an intellectual woman, who can match me intellectually, also tends to be a combative woman, and the chance of harmony is low. I for one, love a harmonious house, where my woman is joyful and light hearted, with a great sense of humor, and an amazing attitude toward life, and us. No need for a change, as I will never find anyone better. Just my point of view. Whatever works for you, stick with it.

I am always looking for harmony, in a relationship. Nothing beats a quiet home, with an outstanding woman who is a great mate, a fun person to be around and always has your back. 

Some of us possess that great fortune in life. Some, like you say, don't or won't even look for it, or even consider it a possibility. Some are so broken, they don't even consider themselves worthy of a life like that. And some are so indoctrinated, they come here and don't know that is even the objective. 

That's how I see it as well, the only downside to convos with friends, is that you don't live with friends 24/7 but with the girl. Would be nice if she could also talk about philosophy, but if that is the case, indeed  they then do bring their own problems into the relationship.

The worst is the physical deterioration, from age 50 the face of a woman will look quite different to when she was 24. You really do need to decide if you can wake up to that day in day out. 

• Sad 3

25 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Would be nice if she could also talk about philosophy

I stopped looking for that at 30. Have that convo with yer mates. Women in home country not any deeper you just share a language

Yet, Thai women are interested in outside culture, architecture, food, travel.

Drop all that crap and have fun.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

I agree with much of what you said, but Thai women can be incredibly combative, too.

But at least arguing with an intellectual with your own culture you might be able to reason with her.

Try arguing with a buffalo from another culture.  It just becomes: I am Thai, I know. You are farang, you don't know. 

My wife is none of that. It's your partner. Moreover, she knows I was in Asia decades before we met.

Move to the city where she's off her game a bit and not always Thaisplaining.

I don't tolerate dramatic women for a second.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

That's how I see it as well, the only downside to convos with friends, is that you don't live with friends 24/7 but with the girl. Would be nice if she could also talk about philosophy, but if that is the case, indeed  they then do bring their own problems into the relationship.

The worst is the physical deterioration, from age 50 the face of a woman will look quite different to when she was 24. You really do need to decide if you can wake up to that day in day out. 

Even at 50 a Thai woman can still be beautiful compared to Western women but when you get to ask yourself this if you take a mirror and look inside yourself maybe you should not change because you would not have much choice for a stable relationship.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, BE88 said:

Even at 50 a Thai woman can still be beautiful compared to Western women but when you get to ask yourself this if you take a mirror and look inside yourself maybe you should not change because you would not have much choice for a stable relationship.

True enough, Thai women stay younger looking for longer, but then it all comes at once.

There is a great choice for relationships, but the pitfalls are huge, there are some real criminals out there. But that does not mean you should settle for a 50 year old who does the washing up either.  If you go the relationship route it should be someone with whom you connect on many levels, who you really like to be with and who enriches your life. 

If you wake up next to her and think "My God, that face is a shocker"...that's not a recipe for happiness in my kitchen.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

there is a phenomenon where men think their wives and girlfriends are hot but no one else does, maybe it's love who knows

Sorry yours isn't.

Thats a great phenomena for the couple.

Everyone tells me shes sweet, cute. You can also see it in how she's treated by Thais. I dunno.. She's definitely not the 33yo I met.  Thats ok. 4 5 kg weight gain is another matter - especially no kids.