No Honey No Money

Chris Daley

On 9/14/2024 at 10:52 PM, Chris Daley said:

When your girlfriend starts to get a bit ropey, do you think you will trade her in for a new model?  That's the deal right.  Money for honey?  Last time I checked my money hasn't changed in value.

How about you?  Do you upgrade your girlfriend every couple of years or did you make the mistake of getting married?

When you think of your gf as a commodity it’s best to stay single. Yes marriage will be a mistake for people with your mindset. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

What else are you going to spend your money on? 

Who cares if you're saving money but missing out on the most important thing in life? 

Ever heard a thing called a joke? I guess not. People who can't take a joke are certainly not important in my life.

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2024 at 11:26 PM, still kicking said:

I don't know you and I am glad I don't I also have been married to a Thai since 2003 and would not trade her in for anything even if I could. You sound like an sexpat to me who smokes weed and drinks Lao Khao all day every day.

And you sound like a smug barrel of laughs type of a guy that probably had to come to Thailand just to get a girl to wed him.

• Sad 1

When your girlfriend starts to get a bit ropey, do you think you will trade her in for a new model?  That's the deal right.  Money for honey?  Last time I checked my money hasn't changed in value.

How about you?  Do you upgrade your girlfriend every couple of years or did you make the mistake of getting married?

Why would marriage be a mistake? The only big mistake here are your numerous posts that are constantly degrading Thai women. Surely, you do not have the ability to make a sensible choice. Probably the guy who always repeat the price and conditions, for be 100% sure there will be no complications. Do you also need to go out before every time, to get drunk so it´s all working for you, and hardly can remember what happened yesterday.  Anyway, your postings are at a level that can be compared to that.

On 9/15/2024 at 4:33 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Certainly some guys do change, when you pay them monthly why not, some guys leave it too late and get stuck with them. As the ladies get older they desperately don't want to lose their ATM, some even threaten suicide

You sound like a guy who is scared of losing your last baht!

On 9/14/2024 at 11:26 PM, proton said:

What does she think though?

If life is good, and you don´t hear any complaints, what would you think?

On 9/15/2024 at 9:56 AM, patongphil said:

My kind of Guy!!!

Still a teenager!

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

there is a phenomenon where men think their wives and girlfriends are hot but no one else does, maybe it's love who knows

Soo superficial. Poor boy never learned that all are not only on the outside.

33 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

And you sound like a smug barrel of laughs type of a guy that probably had to come to Thailand just to get a girl to wed him.

What a lot of guys don't understand is, it's not about coming to Thailand to find a girl that will marry us. It's about coming to Thailand to find a woman that we would want to marry. Most of us have already been though that in the states or the West, and it didn't work out, so we're looking for a woman who's comfortable with their femininity, and has all these other wonderful qualities, that few Western women can manifest.

You can downplay that all you want, you can throw out whatever kind of labels you want, it doesn't change anything. Fulfillment is a beautiful thing. Sorry you don't have it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

What a lot of guys don't understand is, it's not about coming to Thailand to find a girl that will marry us. It's about coming to Thailand to find a woman that we would want to marry. Most of us have already been though that in the states or the West, and it didn't work out, so we're looking for a woman who's comfortable with their femininity, and has all these other wonderful qualities, that few Western women can manifest.

You can downplay that all you want, you can throw out whatever kind of labels you want, it doesn't change anything. Fulfillment is a beautiful thing. Sorry you don't have it. 

Who says i don't have it?I have been married a long time.

What really piisses me off is all the guys on here condemning the OP when he obviously started this light-hearted post as a bit of fun.

By the way,i don't include you in this.You always seem to talk sense.

I am married for quite a while, no mistake.

My wife doesn't need money, she makes her own.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That is part of the process. Mine is getting older, but I still find her beautiful, and there is so much more than just the sex, these days. The history, the familiarity, the mutual support, the kindness, her humor and affection. The list goes on. 

Yes, you really need to be sure that the list of other positives is sufficient. I did not mean sex, I meant the aesthetic dissonance of having a face that is withered and decaying by your side every night. But if the other list of positives far outweighs that then that is all that matters.

• Sad 1

Married to my Thai wife for 26 years. She's great; no regrets!  🙂🙂🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Hardly, but being an ATM is just sad

Please, explain to the general population, that ain´t using such Thai women and dating trendy words. What is an ATM?

You know, just for your information. What one regards as too much or too little, might not be in parity with your thoughts. I think you are just scared and bitter as you have nothing to show for. Must be sad keeping it tight, so there is enough for 1 year more and all that fun you want to do.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Is there anyone other than yourself that you feel spending money on is a good thing? 

He is just a bitter foreigner in Thailand that sitting everyday feeling miserable because it ain´t fun here no more, and there is nothing to go back to. All bridges burnt. Probably also made a mistake with a Thai girl, that cost him too much to swallow.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Agree 1

On 9/14/2024 at 5:52 PM, Chris Daley said:

Luckily I'm not married and have never been...👍

I heard and read all these stories about 70 year old men with their 18-years-and-one-day old new girlfriends in Pattaya, so I really looked forward to me 70th birthday and the new present for myself...😍 – but Covid came at that time and Pattaya closed down...:angry:

Now I have passes the magic 70-year line, so it seems like I'm stuck with the usual girlfriend...:whistling:

On 9/14/2024 at 3:52 PM, Chris Daley said:

Last time I checked my money hasn't changed in value.

Check again #inflation

On 9/14/2024 at 3:52 PM, Chris Daley said:

Do you upgrade your girlfriend every couple of years or did you make the mistake of getting married?

I stay away from Thai girls all together. Terrible value for money imo.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2024 at 10:57 PM, billd766 said:

I got married to my Thai wife in 2000 and NO I DID NOT make a mistake!!!!!!

Neither Did I M8, Been Married since 1993,Still going strong although we do have the occasional small argument like ONCE a Day....555 !! I Just don't win ANY......555 !!

Edited by Blueman1
Spelling....
  • Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Please, explain to the general population, that ain´t using such Thai women and dating trendy words. What is an ATM?

You know, just for your information. What one regards as too much or too little, might not be in parity with your thoughts. I think you are just scared and bitter as you have nothing to show for. Must be sad keeping it tight, so there is enough for 1 year more and all that fun you want to do.

What i do know is you must be giving your fake wife or girlfriend a decent amount a month and/or car motorbike, house, condo, land or she wouldn't waste her time with you 

• Sad 2

47 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You seem perfectly happy being an ATM, happy with a fake wife, up to you

What makes my wife fake to you? Why would you call her fake? Do you know so little about women and wives that you think they are all fake? Or do you just like to call people made up names? What kick is there in that? 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Hardly, but being an ATM is just sad

marriages that are based 90% on money ...

....where the woman wouldn't otherwise be there and there is no connection, no genuine affection, no bond ...

.....are much sadder than paying by the hour. 

but let's face it, most of us are ATMs one way or another.

maybe 1% of people find that ever elusive real love. ha ha. 

Edited by save the frogs

27 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

marriages that are based 90% on money ...

....where the woman wouldn't otherwise be there and there is no connection, no genuine affection, no bond ...

.....are much sadder than paying by the hour. 

but let's face it, most of us are ATMs one way or another.

maybe 1% of people find that ever elusive real love. ha ha. 

Marriage back in farangland is different, usually similar ages, similar education, like and love each other, bring up kids, marriage goes wrong and quite rightly woman gets compensated for bringing up family etc while the man has been working, now days a bit different where both work and woman could easily be earning more than the man. 

Marriages here are mostly totally different 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

What i do know is you must be giving your fake wife or girlfriend a decent amount a month and/or car motorbike, house, condo, land or she wouldn't waste her time with you 

That is not true, which means you know nothing. As I have explained before in this forum, I have good business that covers all and much more of what we need for me, my wife, our children, my wife´s parents and sometimes her brother and sister. I am like a guy, that enters into something, well aware of the reality and the conditions, that see no problem in helping people out if they need, as I have enough for me and the rest of my life.

However, my wife of course had a salary from me, as I was working a lot of ours and could not help taking care of children and home. Therefore she was at home taking care of me, children and home for the years our children were small and needed one parent at home. I gave her 20k per month. After the children can be together and take care of each other my wife wanted to do something, like working. I saw a chance in opening a regular corner shop in our area, as 3-4 closed down in a year and there was a lack of shops.

Then I decided to make a one time investment of 400k baht to create financial stability for my wife. Today the shop if profiting 30-35k baht per month. That has resulted in that I do not give my wife any money more, and that we share the costs 50/50. Sometimes I buy her something nice or take her to dinner, but I guess that i something that has been a mans job for centuries, right?

Last but not least, I am not in Thailand where I had the need to sell off everything in home. I had enough money to move, still have enough money as well as I have all stuff left in my home country and a holiday house in Italy. How is with you Mr. Scuba Diver? Have been diving to deep and fresh out of oxygen? Probably so, and that´s why you are so negative?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1