Fare difference fee

georgegeorgia

29 minutes ago, Chadnik said:

Mate

So you purchase the cheap ticket and then went back to wine and whinge because they enforced the terms

One needs to provide you with reasons the answer is simple you purchase a ticket under a specific set of terms

The terms when you purchase a ticket are very clear and should be checked before you purchase a ticket.

Tickets have classes as well so you can do the research and find out about these. Or a quick tip off to potential restrictions

😉😉

Your post makes no sense you are sending a generic reply which you copied from the Irish internet

This is Australia 

Business class is not cheap ,if I was paranoid I will think you possibly put them up to it but I'm not ! 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1

Just now, georgegeorgia said:

I will be lodging further complaints.

Does anyone in Australia know if there is Airline ombudsman or a government department who deals with these complaints?

$588 fare difference is outrageous for a week later change date 

I wish you luck but you are wasting your time. As another poster said, you are changing the terms of the original contract and moving the dates so in effect it's a new ticket which leaves you at the mercy of price changes.

I typed "Airline ombudsman Australia" and low and behold. https://www.aviationcomplaints.gov.au/airline-customer-service

Let us know how you get on.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

I wish you luck but you are wasting your time. As another poster said, you are changing the terms of the original contract and moving the dates so in effect it's a new ticket which leaves you at the mercy of price changes.

I typed "Airline ombudsman Australia" and low and behold. https://www.aviationcomplaints.gov.au/airline-customer-service

Let us know how you get on.

My experience of airlines from Australia e.g. Qantas and Jetstar  - is that if you pay a certain fare and if you fly at a certain level -   this normally includes all business class  - there is no problem changing the date with no fee and it is not a new ticket with new conditions as such. The cost depends on the going price of the day - more demand - higher fare - lower demand - they'll change the date with no price difference. But it could be he is flying an airline that is more in line with your experience so I'll leave it there. 

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

My experience of airlines from Australia e.g. Qantas and Jetstar  - is that if you pay a certain fare and if you fly at a certain level -   this normally includes all business class  - there is no problem changing the date with no fee and it is not a new ticket with new conditions as such. The cost depends on the going price of the day - more demand - higher fare - lower demand - they'll change the date with no price difference. But it could be he is flying an airline that is more in line with your experience so I'll leave it there. 

I don't have knowledge of Australian airlines but IME It depends if you have purchased a cheaper saver ticket or an open ticket. A saver ticket will usually have strict conditions and penalties including date changes.

• Agree 1

There is no penalties for date change 

They have write back in their non descript email ( and please don't ask me what "non descript ' means I just saw it in another post so thought I would include those 2 words here )

But getting back to the story they write back and said date changes were free but my price difference was not, $588 for one week later price difference 

This is Philippines Airlines business class 

And any explanation on what "non descript" means?

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

I don't have knowledge of Australian airlines but IME It depends if you have purchased a cheaper saver ticket or an open ticket. A saver ticket will usually have strict conditions and penalties including date changes.

This was Philippines Airlines 

But please don't post "non descript" posts on here that could be described as salubrious 

5 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

This was Philippines Airlines 

But please don't post "non descript" posts on here that could be described as salubrious 

I am stating fact while you are just being nasty and rude! Don't like my post? Move on!

I picked up in the post, mistakenly, that it was an Aussie airline but the principal is the same and I suspect you know that

Edited by Chelseafan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

I am stating fact while you are just being nasty and rude! Don't like my post? Move on!

I picked up in the post, mistakenly, that it was an Aussie airline but the principal is the same and I suspect you know that

Rude ?

Please look up salubrious meaning.

It means you are promoting beautiful posts 

53 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Your post makes no sense you are sending a generic reply which you copied from the Irish internet

This is Australia 

Business class is not cheap ,if I was paranoid I will think you possibly put them up to it but I'm not ! 

Lol

I'm American and no idea about *Irish* 🤣 Internet or Australian whatever. Tickets are an international thing la. You purchased the skint fare code and now expect to be treated as if you'd paid full fare. I can't believe you're an expat and don't know this to be honest. What class you're riding on the bus has nothing to do with it. Coach, business or first. Nothing. Its all about the fare code 🍌

57 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I will be lodging further complaints.

Does anyone in Australia know if there is Airline ombudsman or a government department who deals with these complaints?

$588 fare difference is outrageous for a week later change date 

You've had it explained to you just why but refuse to listen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Recently I had to change my return flight dates from Sydney to Bangkok 

I had made a mistake and only realised it later 

I had booked with a major Airline direct so thought it wouldn't cost much 

They charged me to change it one week later to $588 AUD 

I lodged a complaint only to receive a generic email saying it was not a change flight fee but the fare difference!

I'm flying business Class,

Please can someone explain to me before I start sending hundreds of emails to the CEO what or how a fare difference meaning in a context of analysis could be different by $588 a week later ...please that's all I ask 

They're dudding me ...having a good ole laugh on my expense

Have you never booked any flights before? Your first time? The post below has the explanation for you. Different day have different demands, and therefore the changes in price. Some days in the month is cheaper than others for the same trip and destination.

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I think you know but it is simply that if you look at available flights it might be $1000 on Day 1 and $1588 on Day 30. You booked Day 1 but want to change from Day 1 to Day 30 - there's no penalty or change fee it's just that Day 30 is more in demand and the price is higher. Waiting doesn't help as the price tends to go up as it fills up. 

Maybe he is fat. 😉 

6 hours ago, marin said:

Remember this is the guy who booked the cheap ass condo in Pattaya last trip and cried about it the whole time. Got so bad he was saying he was forced to stay there. Looks like his problems are starting even before he leaves OZ on this trip. 

And you Marin are a selfish man ,you knew all this went on and I was practically detained and done nothing to help me ...thanks for nothing Marin,shows your true colours ,your not a real friend at all 

Edited by georgegeorgia

Just now, cjinchiangrai said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. 588 AUD is a pretty small kicker for screwing up a business class flight. Plan better.

Your right!

I got the return dates wrong .

That was a lesson as I'm getting very very old to concentrate more on the subtleties and the pedantics of life .

How can one possibly make a flight booking and only realised a week later that the dates on return were incorrect ,perhaps and as I must say dear boy the pedantics of the older brain is not perhaps... concentrating,,?

4 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Your right!

I got the return dates wrong .

That was a lesson as I'm getting very very old to concentrate more on the subtleties and the pedantics of life .

How can one possibly make a flight booking and only realised a week later that the dates on return were incorrect ,perhaps and as I must say dear boy the pedantics of the older brain is not perhaps... concentrating,,?

I have done it too. It sucks but there is little you can do about it.

• Thumbs Up 1