Brawl on Bangla Road, Transgender Woman Assaults Tourist

webfact

27 minutes ago, theblether said:

What I know about this issue of racism in the modern day in Thailand. 

1. Online dating sites are swamped by Indians and Middle Easterners harassing Thai women and transgender. 

Proof. Open a fake account as a female and see what happens. 

2. Indians, and Thai Indians are notoriously arrogant against Thais. They regard Thais as beneath them. 

3. We've seen a massive growth in arrogant behaviour among certain Middle Eastern groups in Thailand. The Thais were aware of this long before it hit farang news outlets. 

4. But the more experienced among you will remember the conflicts and routine abuse of the old days in Lower Suk. The stories were not fake. I had to get hotel staff to rescue a girl a few years ago. It still happens, the sickening gangbang surprise. 

In saying all that, there are many good Indian origins people, and Middle Easterners in Thailand. Some of the kindest and most gracious people you can meet. 

However, you won't find them drunk at 4am in Bangla. That's a different brigade altogether. 

Used to get a lot of signs “No Israelis” at the southern island resorts.

same sort of thing, but they would be sharing one room between 6 plus people to save money.

59 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Sounds like you're obsessed by race. In all my years of using the bars in Pattaya, I don't think I've ever seen a single example of racism. One man's money is as good as the next seems to be the attitude and I've never seen the girls turn away a girly drink from a non-white. Go to Walking Street on any evening and you'll see many races co-existing and enjoying themselves. In fact, it's right in the middle of where the middle-easterners and Indians like to stay. In my opinion, it's opinions like yours that cause racial division. 

I think you're in denial. I think you know there's a lot of racism in the expat community, and that there's a lot of truth in what I wrote, but people are trying to fob it off as just long established racial biases held by Thais which have nothing to do with racial attitudes promulgated by Western men.

The reason this is particularly amplified in red-light districts is because Western men are very territorial about their sexual playgrounds. Seeing racial minorities indulging in sexual activities alongside them diminishes their sense of sexual conquest, and, historically, white men have felt entitled to dictate who gets to indulge in the sexual pleasures of the women they are indulging in sexual pleasure with. I think over the years a lot of this has become engrained in the red light culture here, as evidenced by the segregation in these establishments. I'm not saying there's racial apartheid here, but there are places which cater to white Westerners, while others cater to middle Easterners, and still others to Indian tourists.

Trying to claim Thai racial attitudes are strictly homegrown which have developed over the millennia and to claim that Westerners have absolutely nothing to do with their evolution, is the same as trying to claim that Thailand's prostitution is strictly a homegrown cultural phenomenon which foreign sex tourism has played no part in helping to shape. 

I don't think there's any question that Western men have played a role in "signal boosting" and reinforcing negative attitudes towards racial minorities amongst Thais, and to claim otherwise is to be less than honest about the part we play. Just look at the racial biases expressed on this forum whenever Indians, Middle-Easterners, Africans or virtually any racial minority is mentioned.

@theblether

Edited by Gecko123
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, save the frogs said:

of course they were drinking heavily.

what is alcohol?

1 - It brings out repressed anger and makes you quick to act out agressively

2 - It makes you vulnerable where you can't defend yourself 

Drinking heavily in a bar is the stupidest thing a human being can do, apart from getting on a motorbike drunk. 

I can think of more stupid things - I've probably done them!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I think you're in denial. I think you know there's a lot of racism in the expat community, and that there's a lot of truth in what I wrote, but people are trying to fob it off as just long established racial biases held by Thais which have nothing to do with racial attitudes promulgated by Western men.

The reason this is particularly amplified in red-light districts is because Western men are very territorial about their sexual playgrounds. Seeing racial minorities indulging in sexual activities alongside them diminishes their sense of sexual conquest, and, historically, white men have felt entitled to dictate who gets to indulge in the sexual pleasures of the women they are indulging in sexual pleasure with. I think over the years a lot of this has become engrained in the red light culture here, as evidenced by the segregation in these establishments. I'm not saying there's racial apartheid here, but there are places which cater to white Westerners, while others cater to middle Easterners, and still others to Indian tourists.

Trying to claim Thai racial attitudes are strictly homegrown which have developed over the millennia and to claim that Westerners have absolutely nothing to do with their evolution, is the same as trying to claim that Thailand's prostitution is strictly a homegrown cultural phenomenon which foreign sex tourism has played no part in helping to shape. 

I don't think there's any question that Western men have played a role in "signal boosting" and reinforcing negative attitudes towards racial minorities amongst Thais, and to claim otherwise is to be less than honest about the part we play. Just look at the racial biases expressed on this forum whenever Indians, Middle-Easterners, Africans or virtually any racial minority is mentioned.

@theblether

You forgot Yanks.

11 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I am becoming increasingly convinced that transgender and female prostitutes alike think that they can get away with targeting Indian, middle-Eastern and other non-white tourists for mistreatment (drugging, rip-offs, price gouging, non-performance, thefts, pickpocketing, verbal abuse, and physical assaults, etc.).

I'm not saying there are never any cultural differences which might explain underlying tensions, but I strongly suspect that racial and ethnic prejudices towards these groups voiced by Caucasian bar owners and Caucasian sex tourists that these racial minority groups are less desirable and oftentimes made to feel unwelcome have filtered down to the local population. and may go a long way towards explaining this recurring pattern.

Right got it.

It's not the ladyboys fault.

The Western bar owners and western tourists put her up to it, implying she wasn't at risk from the authorities, as all these other races were looked down upon by Westerners and that belief has filtered down into Thai society!

What a load of tosh you have written.

• Thanks 1

My wife was a dental receptionist for 20 years.   They dislike Indian customers because always arguing and asking for a discount.   And some smelling so bad or using so much scent it fumigated the waiting room.    If I get bad BO she says I smell like India man.  I've smelled my share of this in Thailand and here in the US.   

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, save the frogs said:

what is alcohol?

Drinking heavily in a bar is the stupidest thing a human being can do, apart from getting on a motorbike drunk. 

And getting into a fight drunk.

9 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I think you're making my point that Caucasian men's racial and ethnic prejudices have to a significant degree played a role in inculcating these same prejudices in Thais.

Are you serious?  SE Asians have their own prejudices, always have had. 

You make it sound like Thais don't have their own minds, and can't think for themselves. I don't think they'd appreciate you making these assumptions. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

is the same as trying to claim that Thailand's prostitution is strictly a homegrown cultural phenomenon which foreign sex tourism has played no part in helping to shape. 

And this is you proving you know very little about Thailand, past or present. 

90% of prostitution in Thailand caters to Thai men. The western scene is just a tiny offshoot and has only been around a relatively small amount of time. 

But you keep self-flagellating if it makes you feel better. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

1. I have never noticed the Indian body odor of which you speak. Ever.

2. I cannot recall reading on this forum about an Indian scam call center being busted in Pattaya. Can anyone?

3. As I said earlier, I think part of the reason why you see Indian men down on Beach Road is not because they are cheap charlies trying to negotiate a gang bang at a discount but because they have been made to feel unwelcome at many of the bar beer establishments, not because they have poor personal hygiene or they are cheapskates. When you see photos and videos of Indian crime victims in Pattaya, most of them appear to enjoy middle class status.

Really???   🙉🙈

3 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Used to get a lot of signs “No Israelis” at the southern island resorts.

same sort of thing, but they would be sharing one room between 6 plus people to save money.

Yes, also known for being extremely passive aggressive and it sometimes boiled over. I watched Israelis being evicted from a hotel in Vientiane as they had taken ownership of the kitchen area. Very hard-nosed people but I will say the Vientiane incident was IDF that had just completed their service period, I could understand why they were highly wound up. 

There was also organised repatriation missions by the Israeli government in Goa, and to a lesser extent, Thailand, as quite a few former IDF lost the plot and descended into opiate use.  Their families were flown in at government expense to persuade them to come home. 

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Thailand has a huge prostitution industry catering for just Thais  which totally dwarfs anything avaiable to westerners in the tourist ghettos,   and yes they set it up and developed it all by them selves   no westerners were involved.   It was  merely a natural progression that the industry would evolve to cater for the needs of  foreigners once that need was identified 

The Thais, like most people, have alway had a healthy dislike of indians and arabs but to blame this on caucasion males is nothing short of the usual self flagellating woke nonsense.  And to suggest that any comments made on this forum have any influence on Thai attitudes to Indians and Arabs or anything else for that matter is absolute rubbish,  

I find it a bit weird that you seem to consider sex with a prostitute a "sexual conquest"   there is no conquering involved when one is paying for it  I thought everybody was aware of that

There are many  establishments catering  exclusively for various single   nationalities   Japanese , Koreans , Chinese, even those that cater exclusively  for politicians,  military men , even trawler men have their dedicated venues same goes for Arabs and Indians, have you considered that people of all races like to spend their free time relaxing in the company of  people similar to themselves ?  Or is that concept too horrendously racist  for you accept? anyway   to suggest that this is all due to the outrageous racist attitudes of caucasion males is nothing short of ridiculous.  Although sadly totally predictable and inline with the usual "enlightened" woke nonsense that we hear daily 

When I hear Thais protesting in the streets shouting "from the river to the sea"  or  perhaps shouting  some anti putin sentiment I might change my opinion regarding our influence on them , but  I certainly won't be holding my breath whilst I wait

This comment is spot on, excellent. 

People need to quit with the delusion that Westerners have a long track record in Thailand. Tourist visitor numbers in 1979 were a mere 100,000. The majority were the Hippy Trail type or intrepid international travellers, often monied. They were backed up by returning US servicemen. 

For the Brits, the year that "oh this year I'm off to sunny Spain" was a chart hit ( 1974 ) British tourist numbers in Thailand were near ZERO. 

• Agree 1

Indians always seem wrapped up in ladyboy drama. My friend thinks they are not savvy enough to tell them from actual women. I think they're socially retarded having lived life not socializing with women and prefer men rather than deal with scariness of women. Of course it could be both or neither but hella lot of Indians always caught up in LB dramas

Edited by Chadnik

4 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

@theblether

Could be, although not sure how this really matters. My main concern is violence and exploitation toward women. Your concern seems to be about the prejudice that exists and in some cases the segregation that is a by product of the disdain of the behavior of men from certain countries by men of other countries.

As I've read through this thread the behavior and traits I earlier described have also been observed by a number of the board members here. Poor hygiene, entrapping girls into gang bangs etc. The examples I sited are repeated and documented bad behavior of people from certain origins and is enough to make some fairly accurate generalizations and conclusions about this particular type of tourist from certain countries.  BUT there are of course many exceptions.

The thing is a large portion of tourists visiting Thailand are of a certain psychological demographic of every country. Men that are completely OK with pay for play. that in and of itself is a particular mind set that carries certain behavioral traits. Narcissism to some degree being one of them from what I know.

The repeated news of Indians and Middle Easterners having trouble with Thai women or trans women, starting fights, engaging in squabbles and fights etc is indicative of their general demeanor and is evidenced in the repeated news events.

The tragedy is certain males from certain countries are notorious for poorly treating females and have no problem violating them and harming them. India has an especially bad record in this area. So "no india man" in Thaifriendly profiles and other dating websites are there for a definite reason.

Edited by StandardIssue

3 hours ago, Elkski said:

My wife was a dental receptionist for 20 years.   They dislike Indian customers because always arguing and asking for a discount.   And some smelling so bad or using so much scent it fumigated the waiting room.    If I get bad BO she says I smell like India man.  I've smelled my share of this in Thailand and here in the US.   

I was on a flight once from Dubai to the UK, and the Indian "gentleman"/patriarch sitting next to me (he was with an Indian family)  - dressed in an old suit (no shirt) and flip flops stunk to high heaven! That was the first and only time time I have actually had reason to ask a stewardess to either move me to another seat or to move the offending passenger. In the end, she actually moved him to another seat somewhere but I feel sorry for the people sitting next to him for 6 hours! 

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I think you're making my point that Caucasian men's racial and ethnic prejudices have to a significant degree played a role in inculcating these same prejudices in Thais. The mechanism for this was spelled out in an earlier post. There's no way these biases are as entrenched in the general population as they are in sex tourism centers like Pattaya and Phuket. Here you are legitimizing these prejudices based on anecdotal accounts and hackneyed clichés about body odor, call center scams, 3 way sex negotiations, three straws in a can of pop. You seem to have some very outspoken opinions on this subject, and I can't help but wonder if you have ever voiced these opinions to any of your Thaifriendly "dates."

"There's no way these biases are as entrenched in the general population as they are in sex tourism centers like Pattaya and Phuket"

Fallacious reasoning. You're missing the key confound in your logic which is that it is mostly in these places where Thais will come into direct contact with these people so they are just as liable to form these impressions on their own without any prompting from Caucasians as you seem to suggest. I spend a lot of time in Singapore where there is a large South Asian worker population and only a relative handful of Caucasians, and the girls here (local, Filipina, Thai, Indonesian etc) will all talk about some of these issues re Indians (and not all Indian, mind you). So these 'stereotypes' are more the product of experience than the 'evil influence' of Westerners, as you would like to think.  

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, save the frogs said:

what is alcohol?

Who is to say they had not been on the legal "weed" which is now for sale on every street or been taking some of the easily available pills and powders. A couple of beers after smoking, snorting or dropping is only the icing on the cake. Dope stays in your body for weeks, the other stuff is gone in a day or two so those who might face a test prefer not to take a chance when looking for a high.

22 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

We call them man boobs. I don't understand why transgenders and women are expected to cover up at the beach, but morbidly obese males  can parade about in their thongs.

I can't stand the image you have created.  

Blocking this post. 

Blocking_SMALL VERSION_.jpg

• Haha 1