Violent Brawl Between Drunk Australian Tourists Shocks Pattaya

webfact

8 hours ago, 2long said:

If they previously knew each other, didn't want to press charges, and didn't hurt or damage anything/anyone else, then what's the big deal?

How is this different from a boxing match, where illegal gambling takes place?

Aussie men like a drink and a bust up and it sounds like they're still friends!

Sounds like couple of mates of mine who would get into brawls just for the fun of it.  And I mean with each other.  I seen them smash up a whole lounge room brawling amongst themselves and laughing all the way.  Didnt always involve alcohol either.  I would get right out the way once I noticed their eyes roll back lol!  One would often get into bar fights, just a whirlwind of fists fighting like the Tassy Devil in the cartoons, give any taker on a flogging and look for more.  But when it was all over he'd be found huddled in some dark doorway or corner howling his eyes out and throwing up every where!!  "Sometimes the factory makes faulty machines"  Lol!

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

On the evening of September 15, Soi Buakhao in Central Pattaya was the scene of a shocking and violent altercation between two inebriated Australian tourists. This confrontation, which unfolded in front of a stunned crowd, underscores the growing problem of public disorder in the area.

The fracas erupted between the two men, both heavily intoxicated, one of whom claimed to be a police officer while flashing a badge. This dubious assertion did nothing to quell the situation. Instead, it highlighted a disturbing trend of disorderly behaviour among some tourists, undermining local authority.

By the time the local police arrived, the situation had escalated with the two men resistant to any attempts to restore calm. Officers struggled for over 30 minutes to control the belligerent tourists, showcasing the challenges of maintaining public safety amid such volatile incidents.

Local residents and bystanders proved instrumental in eventually separating the fighting men. However, the scene took an even darker turn when one of the tourists launched into a tirade of profanities directed at the police.

The incident paints a broader picture of some visitors' reckless behaviour and their blatant disrespect for local laws and enforcement.

Eyewitnesses noted that the two men had been drinking together earlier in the evening, indicating a prior relationship that devolved into conflict. Strikingly, neither party chose to press charges, reflecting an unsettling acceptance of such brawls as typical rather than criminal.

Residents have expressed concern over the increasing frequency of such disturbances. “This is becoming a regular occurrence,” one local commented. “It raises serious questions about the effectiveness of local law enforcement in managing public order.”

As these incidents become more common, it's clear that Pattaya faces significant challenges in addressing the root causes of this rampant disorder. Without meaningful intervention, the city’s reputation risk becoming synonymous with such disruptive behaviour, overshadowing its appeal as a holiday destination, reported Pattaya Mail.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-17

news-footer-4.png

image.png

I’m afraid the convict’s just can’t handle Thai beer. Just used to that cat p**s fosters 🤷🏼

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Considering the high levels oi alcohol and testosterone in low IQ individuals, I'm surprised we don't see many more fights in Pattaya. There are more fights in any U.S. city when the bars close on Friday and Saturday nights than you'll see in 10 years in Pattaya.

The guys in the video were too drunk and too old to cause each other much damage, but the risk is one would fall and hit his head or break his neck. No one can accuse the Thai police of brutality; the officers were quite gentle with the idiots.  It wouldn't have gone down that way in the U.S.

Edited by Evil Penevil

16 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

On the evening of September 15, Soi Buakhao in Central Pattaya was the scene of a shocking and violent altercation between two inebriated Australian tourists. This confrontation, which unfolded in front of a stunned crowd, underscores the growing problem of public disorder in the area.

The fracas erupted between the two men, both heavily intoxicated, one of whom claimed to be a police officer while flashing a badge. This dubious assertion did nothing to quell the situation. Instead, it highlighted a disturbing trend of disorderly behaviour among some tourists, undermining local authority.

By the time the local police arrived, the situation had escalated with the two men resistant to any attempts to restore calm. Officers struggled for over 30 minutes to control the belligerent tourists, showcasing the challenges of maintaining public safety amid such volatile incidents.

Local residents and bystanders proved instrumental in eventually separating the fighting men. However, the scene took an even darker turn when one of the tourists launched into a tirade of profanities directed at the police.

The incident paints a broader picture of some visitors' reckless behaviour and their blatant disrespect for local laws and enforcement.

Eyewitnesses noted that the two men had been drinking together earlier in the evening, indicating a prior relationship that devolved into conflict. Strikingly, neither party chose to press charges, reflecting an unsettling acceptance of such brawls as typical rather than criminal.

Residents have expressed concern over the increasing frequency of such disturbances. “This is becoming a regular occurrence,” one local commented. “It raises serious questions about the effectiveness of local law enforcement in managing public order.”

As these incidents become more common, it's clear that Pattaya faces significant challenges in addressing the root causes of this rampant disorder. Without meaningful intervention, the city’s reputation risk becoming synonymous with such disruptive behaviour, overshadowing its appeal as a holiday destination, reported Pattaya Mail.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-17

news-footer-4.png

image.png

You cannot talk to people like this, put them in hand cuffs and then into the drunk tank.

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

A very descriptive and detailed analysis I must say. 

Two idiots that can't handle their booze,  then get into fisty cuffs with each other. 

Well,   at least they didn't have a gun or machete under the motorbike seat as normally happens.

Cancel their visa and drive them to the airport ....   

You don't need a visa if you are from OZ you get 60 days free stay.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Yet, not a one of them complaining how anti-foreigner biased the locals are. Saying it has become quite common when all i see in the news the most is about Thais and foreigners scuffling. Usually started by Thais. The kids that do it do not fit into this category. They are a gang and need to be kicked out of the country. But tourists doing it to each other. Rarely happens. 

I am not fully sure that your statement 'usually started by Thais' is that accurate.... as a resident I think it is often the other way round. It is obviously an issue in tourist areas mostly as in more rural  areas I find Thais agreeable. 

Perhaps Thai security over -react to being assaulted now and again.. but so often the drunken tourists bring it upon themselves. 

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I am not fully sure that your statement 'usually started by Thais' is that accurate.... as a resident I think it is often the other way round. It is obviously an issue in tourist areas mostly as in more rural  areas I find Thais agreeable. 

Perhaps Thai security over -react to being assaulted now and again.. but so often the drunken tourists bring it upon themselves. 

Perhaps the foreigners are non-compliant if drunk. But, the Thais usually escalate it into something more like a gang beating after that. 

I do not read many stories about foreigners initiating a brawl. Usually it is about Thais starting it or throwing the first of many blows and even more so usually done by many Thais at once. 

1 minute ago, thesetat2013 said:

I do not read many stories about foreigners initiating a brawl. Usually it is about Thais starting it or throwing the first of many blows and even more so usually done by many Thais at once. 

A few recent examples in soi 6 the tourists really started things off laying their hands on security staff..... nobody braver than a 6 bottle bogan!

• Haha 1