Ukrainian Woman and Friend Report Motorcycle Rental Scam in Pattaya

webfact

It happened to my S-i-L.  Her car was stolen.  The thief (a woman with a farang husband) was 'arrested' by family members;  Dongtan police refused to charge her without payment of 10K.  The car owner (a nurse) had to pay off a bank loan for four years without a car!

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:
1 hour ago, bradiston said:

How does she run a bike rental business? Married to a Thai?

Seems not?

Quite cheeky to report at police while in Jomtien a DJ without WP is handcuffed.

Owning a business of any kind by a foreigner is not illegal.  Where was it reported that she was working illegally as you both seem to be suggesting?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

motorcycle for one week, and paid 4,400 baht, including 2,400 baht for the rental and 2,000 baht for the deposit.

Weekly rental 2400 baht, renting out continually for 1 year she could buy a new bike. 

Big rewards you get big losses. 

I see so many foreigners wanting to buy these bikes, makes sense I did the same thing, bought my first Mio from Mityon, on soi Buakhou back in 2002, the same salesman still works there, bought a few bikes from him, good guy.

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

11 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The Thai's won't rent to a Thai's 

She's going to lose a few more bikes if she doesn't stop this behaviour. 

Absolutely, a French friend of mine and his Thai wife have a scooter rental shop, in the past he had 2 rented to Thais and never brought back, police weren't interested, this is in Chiang Mai. Never rented to Thais since then.

Edited by roo860
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mikebell said:

It happened to my S-i-L.  Her car was stolen.  The thief (a woman with a farang husband) was 'arrested' by family members;  Dongtan police refused to charge her without payment of 10K.  The car owner (a nurse) had to pay off a bank loan for four years without a car!

So for lack of not paying the 10,000 baht she chose to pay her loan for four years and not have the car?

22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why...what was her insurers reason for not paying out on her theft claim?  What's the relevance of her being a nurse?

Previously unrevealed information: she was letting out her car (probably illegally to supplement her meagre nurse's salary.)

11 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Renting to thais is very risky.  That's a very known fact. 

No it is not. This is Thailand and Thai's rent to Thai's all the time. Ever hear of a car rental firm, or renting an apartment? Stop painting with your wide brush. It makes you look racist and silly.