US Navy introduces 'first gender-neutral submarine.' What could possibly go wrong?

DougieMax

21 minutes ago, DougieMax said:

What difference does it make what I want or don't want. Go ahead and read the comments under the X posting about it. Seems the idea is a real gutbuster.

Do you remember some years ago the push to promote more women as fighter pilots resulted in several crash landings on carriers? And there is always Demi Moore's swan song in "GI Jane" where she uttered what is probably the most iconic line in any movie: "Suck my d!ck!!"

Certain fields just don't dovetail well with XX chromosomes. Who will ever forget this iconic photo?

Secret Cervix.jpg

I care about arguments, not opinions without arguments.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

There should not be separate toilet facilities anywhere in a rational society 

Hmmmmmm. On my nursing course as I was the only male and male toilet facilities were not provided ( hardly any males in NZ ever considered  nursing as a career ) I had to share the toilet facilities, and I wish I had not had to.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmmmm. On my nursing course as I was the only male and male toilet facilities were not provided ( hardly any males in NZ ever considered  nursing as a career ) I had to share the toilet facilities, and I wish I had not had to.

Gov. Walz would approve because there would be no need to install tampon dispensers in a separate toilet facility for men.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

i love it that you have a lifetime of experience in what is generally a female position. you must have some great insight and a lot of fantastic stories. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thank you for that. Over two decades in nursing and worked as a nurse in 3 different countries- NZ, Saudi and the UK.

Stories indeed, hundreds if not thousands. Unfortunately there are as many horror stories as happy ones and not many comedies ( a few to be sure, but rare ). Nursing is not for the squeamish, or the easily offended.

In NZ I met very few male nurses, and to be honest I didn't tell the guys in the military that I was going to be one as I'd have been mocked mercilessly. It wasn't till I got to the UK that we males were not uncommon, though very much a minority. Saudi was the most interesting what with the culture and everything, and I understand that nurses from at least 28 different countries were working there. No such thing as a Saudi nurse in the 90s, or at least that I met.

Sorry to disappoint, but being a male nurse is not some avenue to endless sexual hijinks as per "Carry on Nurse" or Carry on Matron".

Nursing is hard work, for little reward or thanks, and most of what nurses do is unseen by patients, so if ever in hospital, a thank you to the nurses is appreciated.

More the stories you would have as a male minority in a female world. 

What could possibly go wrong? 

Quite a lot. If you check the US Navy's fitness standards, you will see that there are great differences in the expectations for male and female sailors. Ex; an "outstanding" rating of 100 points would be 92 pushups for a male, but only 51 for a female. A male who does 51 pushups is a 60 point score. For a female, they need only do 24 pushups to get 60 points on the evaluation.

And so on.  

https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Portals/55/Support/Culture Resilience/Physical/Guide_5-Physical_Readiness_Test_PRT_JAN_2023.pdf?ver=OlmOLoZTfCA641JUkAnIaw%3D%3D

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I would rather have women on my ship than some trans or gay man. Although a submarine is a different story. Several months undersea trapped in a sunken bottle with a woman. will make her very popular. The sub will not be as complicated as a pilot as some posters talked about their inability to manage such craft. But women are long experienced with long shafts filled with semen uhh I mean seamen. 

i am surprised the trans or gay man may have their hands and eyes full among other body parts. Distracting them from duties with doodies. 

Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 5.28.47 AM.png

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2024 at 7:08 AM, DougieMax said:

As if the US and its military are not already enough of a laughing stock. I have a link to this story...

https://thepostmillennial.com/us-navy-introduces-first-gender-neutral-submarine?utm_campaign=64466

Here's a short pull quote:

"Modifications to the submarine to reach this goal include additional doors and washrooms to create separate sleeping and bathing areas and lowering some overhead valves to be easier to reach and installing steps by triple-high bunk beds and stacked laundry machines."

The world can now breath a sign of relief.

Military MLP.jpg

Funny at first sight, but actually a good idea if it attracts more women with the required skills.

On 9/17/2024 at 7:08 AM, DougieMax said:

As if the US and its military are not already enough of a laughing stock

Nice. OP ed is dead on arrival in the first sentence. 

No link?

I'm sure as Russian and Chinese navies seek locations of US naval forces worldwide that their first objective is to determine whether such US naval vessels are toilet gender neutral.

On 9/16/2024 at 8:50 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

That's an extremely PC question.

Have you ever had experience of what happens when a few women are confined with a large number of alpha type males to a small area? I have and it's not something to be desired. In my experience it's usually harder for the females than the men, unless they have ambitions of being a queen surrounded by courtiers.

Since the forces started admitting women to more than the typing pool there have been many reports of the inevitable problems that eventuates from putting men and women together for a long period of time.

Perhaps they should make it all female crew, and see how it works out.

As you have not served on board the vessels that are referenced you are providing your assumptions and your bias. 

The males who harass female personnel are also the same jerks who bully and harass male personnel. The faulty assumption is that a bully and sex pest only targets females.  The presence of female personnel has been overwhelmingly positive.

Nor does the 10 year experience of the USN support your claims.  Here is a positive article.

https://www.navy.mil/Press-Office/News-Stories/Article/2671640/women-in-submarines-10-years-later/

Perhaps your experience as a nurse in Saudi Arabia where you may have had catfights with the women has jaundiced your perception, but USN male personnel have no problem serving with women. It is 2024, not 1984.

• Sad 2

So there will be men and women working together in close proximity in a metal tube for months on end, i wonder how many women will get pregnant?

The question is what is the benefit to the US Navy for doing this, or maybe its an experiment?

Edited by mikeymike100

On 9/17/2024 at 7:26 AM, DougieMax said:

What difference does it make what I want or don't want. Go ahead and read the comments under the X posting about it. Seems the idea is a real gutbuster.

Do you remember some years ago the push to promote more women as fighter pilots resulted in several crash landings on carriers? And there is always Demi Moore's swan song in "GI Jane" where she uttered what is probably the most iconic line in any movie: "Suck my d!ck!!"

Certain fields just don't dovetail well with XX chromosomes. Who will ever forget this iconic photo?

Secret Cervix.jpg

Only someone who has no clue would post this. Males and females have served together for decades in subs. The only difference with this launch is that the sub has been designed to accommodate both genders, not retrofitted. 

Ooooh, big conspiracy. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

So there will be men and women working together in close proximity in a metal tube for months on end, i wonder how many women will get pregnant?

The question is what is the benefit to the US Navy for doing this, or maybe its an experiment?

There certainly have been a lot of "experiments" in the last 100+ years. Now the country is on the verge of extinction.

21 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Only someone who has no clue would post this. Males and females have served together for decades in subs. The only difference with this launch is that the sub has been designed to accommodate both genders, not retrofitted. 

Ooooh, big conspiracy. 

"Someone with no clue" just did a Google search and found the following language:

"The first female officers reported to Ohio-class ballistic missile submarines in 2011, just one year after the ban on females on submarines lifted. [3] Then in 2013, the Navy announced plans to start training female enlisted sailors for service onboard submarines."

So I guess in your world, "decades" refers to a period of time between 2011 and the present. 

Bet you don't feel so smug now, wokie.

Edited by DougieMax
tupo