I Love Donald Trump

TroubleandGrumpy

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Harris introduced tax on tips?

I recall that's been in effect all my life.

Reagan introduced the tax on mandatory tips - those that are included in the bill - not the voluntary tips given as cash and not in the bill.  Biden/Harris introduced the 'Inflation Reduction Act' (that worked great eh?) which forced business to tax all tips and make an estimate on those which were not 'reported'.  Harris as VP cast the 'winning vote' when it got to the Senate. 

So-Called Inflation Reduction Act’s Bait-and-Switch: IRS to Crack Down on Waitresses’ Underreported Tips | The Heritage Foundation

However, in Harris' defence she had no idea what was in the Act - she does not have the brains to be able to u8nderstand things like that. We all know what she is very good at - and it does not involve using the part of her body called the brain.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They don't.

He's so stupid that he calls them a tax on foreign nations. 

They are paid for by American consumers.

They can be useful if you want to limit targeted imports, but they don't raise any money for the US government

They are paid for by the importer and likely passed on to consumers. They do raise money for the US government. As you say though I can understand specific tariffs where an imported product receives unfair govt support from their country - so they can sell below a reasonable cost - but such a broad based tariff seems odd and likely lead to significant inflation.

• Like 1