Thai police shut down 21 villas on Koh Samui, foreigners evicted

snoop1130

12 hours ago, ModdaPunk said:

Same idiots who bought into the VIP visa package crappy scheme 😄 😄 😄

Actually, when it was 1 million for life and the exchange rate was far better, it was a bloody good scheme.

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

hang the developer,   hang the administrator who took bribes to let it go,   and hang anyone else connected who may be responsible for turning a blind eye.

rotten to the core this place .... 

So....what happens to these units....my bet is they remain...cops have nice housing then.

• Thumbs Up 1

If it is that mountain that runs from  the Jungle Club in South Chaweng all the way to Maenam, it is slowly being cleared of trees / jungle as more and more developments commence.

I have also noticed that the mountain at the back of Bangrak, where the runners and walkers exercise (opposite Sand Yard),  has recently been deforested. Probably in preparation for building.

Though when walking up there, I have always thought that it was untouched because it was too steep to build on. Looks like I was wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

20k a month for hillside in bophut ? 

Seems very cheap or an error in price .

Strange how they seem to have shut this cheap place down and evicted people , yet miss the piles of huge places all over the island that are 100k plus a month to rent .

Just left samui last week for about the third time in 8 months and every time I am there I see land being cleared for development. The last time it was just everywhere I looked and the place is ruined. No idea who is approving all these building permits but it seriously needs halted . I don't understand why people are building more and more when there are hundreds if not thousands sitting empty due to high price for sale or rent . If I didn't know better I would think they are being built to wash dirty money 🤔

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HammerGuy said:

Which is why I always lease everything that way all you leave with is your passport & wallet !!

A much 'lightened' wallet too.

I bought, built and sold.  Made money AND I have lived rent free for 24 years and counting.

I even get revenue for the ones that I haven't sold.

Yeh, sure - buying is for mugs :cheesy:

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Makes you wonder how these kind of projects get built without anyone noticing anything.

Like the city officials or park officials or the local poo yai baan.

Some one must have seen the clearing the land, building the roads, bringing in power poles and water lines, building forty-plus homes.

And then openly advertising them. It doesn't say how long ago they were built but you can bet they didn't just finish yesterday.

Yet apparently no one noticed.

That's the end result when paid officials live their lives with their heads up their anelsfinkta. " money money money!!!!

1 hour ago, Ironmike said:

Kerry hits the nail right on the head maybe start by arresting the local Orbutor and Mayor of that district check there bank accounts and shake the tree hard

I also assume that mains water and electricity was connected. Don't they make checks n who owns the land before erecting poles, running cables and laying pipe.

Open and shut case to me. It would be interesting to know how the enveloper was....Thai?....Chinese? ....Where did he money come from. Anyone want to make a small wager that if the Chinese were the principals they were likely the funders...

AH! How the Bangkok Buffoons love the Chinese. 

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Makes you wonder how these kind of projects get built without anyone noticing anything.

Like the city officials or park officials or the local poo yai baan.

Some one must have seen the clearing the land, building the roads, bringing in power poles and water lines, building forty-plus homes.

And then openly advertising them. It doesn't say how long ago they were built but you can bet they didn't just finish yesterday.

Yet apparently no one noticed.

There is another billion plus bht development above my villa there that has been shut down recently, building permits were for 34 bungalows, but what was built was totally different and way to tall, and the land was way to steep, strange how only after 5 years of construction, they suddenly find out…. Now the envelopes aren’t big enough…. How to lose a billion bht - was a Chinese development, but what will they do with them now?? Very hard to demolish all !

40 minutes ago, phetphet said:

If it is that mountain that runs from  the Jungle Club in South Chaweng all the way to Maenam, it is slowly being cleared of trees / jungle as more and more developments commence.

I have also noticed that the mountain at the back of Bangrak, where the runners and walkers exercise (opposite Sand Yard),  has recently been deforested. Probably in preparation for building.

Though when walking up there, I have always thought that it was untouched because it was too steep to build on. Looks like I was wrong.

It is the one by the Jungle Club see screen print.

As you say - development up on the hill behind Bangrak.

The illegal road to the illegal country club that was stopped, now has street lights. (Up by Black Rabbit.)

There is something going on there as therewas a big sign across the gates. Have not read it yet.

Screenshot2024-09-19at08-22-49q.jpg.438c4058026979bbd543359b25d5e34c.jpg

9 minutes ago, black tabby12345 said:

Pricy property shut down all of sudden.

Perfect example of the Reality Risks in Thailand.

How can the buyers know their purchase has no legal backing?

There could be more such victims to come.

The price and fact they weren't for sale tells you all you need to know.  The developer knew they were sick bird so he couldn't sell them as lawyers and banks would have thrown red flag.  20k a month is anyone renting going to complain.

14 hours ago, impulse said:

Luxury mountain villa on a gorgeous island, renting for $600 a month.  I may have signed a lease and risked getting kicked out some time in the future. 

Great while it lasted...

Edit:  Sucks for any buyers, of course.

I also questioned the 20k / month rent, unheard of on Samui.

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Question, inspectors would have been there during the building process, did they not survey the land, so why were they allowed to be completed?
This smacks of incompetence and corruption 

No, surely not.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, black tabby12345 said:

Pricy property shut down all of sudden.

Perfect example of the Reality Risks in Thailand.

How can the buyers know their purchase has no legal backing?

There could be more such victims to come.

It is called 'due diligence'.

Something that many lawyers here on Koh Samui have missing from their vocabulary. (Some are corrupt as well.)

All of my neighbours and customers that own properties have no issues with their investments.

However, there are at least 14 properties nearby that are on illegal land. There are 90 properties in total here.

When I checked my land, it was in a 'green belt' area.

Then the local land office took bribes and redesignated it giving Chanote titles.

The DSI investigated and are going to revoke the titles.