High cholesterol as a pre-existing condition?

JontS

I have elevated cholesterol and take statins to help with this. BP is normal and no issues related to heart disease.

Is there a risk that high cholesterol and statin use might give issues with future heart related claims? Does anyone have experience on how insurance companies handle this?

Thanks, Jon

14 minutes ago, JontS said:

I have elevated cholesterol and take statins to help with this. BP is normal and no issues related to heart disease.

Is there a risk that high cholesterol and statin use might give issues with future heart related claims? Does anyone have experience on how insurance companies handle this?

Thanks, Jon

I'm in the belief that insurance companies will use any means to not pay out a claim and high cholesterol would be an easy one for them to deny a claim. IMHO

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JontS said:

Thanks, Jon

high cholesterol and statins is a reason to deny the claim, but ask them, no point waiting to see what happens.

BTW my brother in law just had a heart attack, had high cholesterol only

• Like 1

Thank you for your input. I would of course mention this before signing up so that everything is agreed upon beforehand.

If anything heart related is not covered I might just go for self insurance and get an accident insurance instead.

1 hour ago, JontS said:

If anything heart related is not covered I might just go for self insurance and get an accident insurance instead.

That makes sense. The best Personal Accident insurance I've found is Axa, approximately 7k premium for 200k baht, double is available, that's the highest I've found

• Love It 1