Homeless Woman Using Illegal Drugs Openly on Pattaya Street Raises Concerns Over City Image

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — A homeless woman was spotted openly using illegal drugs on Pattaya’s busy Soi Buakhao, drawing concern from locals and tourists.

A Facebook user recently posted about a woman who appeared to be homeless, sitting on the side of Soi Buakhao Road in Pattaya, apparently using illegal drugs openly.

The post included photos showing the woman holding drug paraphernalia in one hand and a lighter in the other. Many tourists, both Thai and foreign, passed by and witnessed the distressing scene.

Upon investigating the area on September 18th, local reporters found the woman still sitting on the roadside. She was picking at sores on her body, surrounded by heaps of belongings. Some foreign tourists passing by offered her money out of sympathy, while others looked on her with pity.

A local resident said that despite previous complaints to authorities, the woman returned to the same spot within two days with even more belongings.

The woman is often seen using drugs under the cover of a yellow umbrella, and she reportedly urinated and defecated near drainage pipes, which tarnished Pattaya’s tourism reputation.

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 

-- 2024-09-20

news-footer-4.png

image.png

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

So great concern for the potentially tarnished image of  Pattaya,  but little concern for a very vulnerable , homeless woman who obviously has serious issues.

Apparently some passers by offered her money , but what did the "local reporters" do other than stand and stare whilst taking photos of her on their mobile phones? 

What image do the authorities think Pattaya has globally ?   and more importantly, how have they  actually arrived at that conclusion?   

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, webfact said:

she reportedly urinated and defecated near drainage pipes, which tarnished Pattaya’s tourism reputation.

not sure which is worse,  the urinating and crap or the exposed drug use ....   

I thought Pattaya was a pristine gold family resort,    the family would need to be careful and not step in anything she left near the pipes. 

2 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Puts the tourists-peeing-in-the-sea story in the shade.

oh but wasn't there a netizen uproar about him,   and now this but netizens have shut their mouths because it's a thai.  They make me sick. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

oh but wasn't there a netizen uproar about him,   and now this but netizens have shut their mouths because it's a thai.  They make me sick. 

Same effect in most countries those viewed as native to country get far more sympathy than those viewed as alien/foreign.  Note treatment of asylum seekers, immigrants & refugees by redtop media/internet media in UK.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MarkBR said:

Same effect in most countries those viewed as native to country get far more sympathy than those viewed as alien/foreign.  Note treatment of asylum seekers, immigrants & refugees by redtop media/internet media in UK.

You maybe present a contradiction.......?

Surely in the UK illegals seem to do better than homeless British veterans and mentally ill! What redtops print about it is not really 'treatment', just press seeking to  sell papers.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You maybe present a contradiction.......?

Surely in the UK illegals seem to do better than homeless British veterans and mentally ill! What redtops print about it is not really 'treatment', just press seeking to  sell papers.

I agreed that mental health & physical health policy & treatment of British veterans & the mentally ill is appalling. The existence of foodbanks is appalling.  But they are still viewed far more sympathetically (although, I think it is just words often rather than effective help) than those who are asylum seekers (one of my ex-students was from Benghazi, Libya - a very good decent human being - but had  to escape when Force Majure was declared as it was disintegrating), immigrants or refugees.

Your statement/comment illustrates my point.

Just now, Grumpy one said:

These officials who claim this woman is tarnishing Patts good name need to undergo some serious drug testing.

The rat's nest is not a family friendly resort. 

Ask any Indian they will tell you :whistling:

44 minutes ago, steven100 said:

If you read the Facebook comments on this one you see similar, or perhaps worse comments about this incident. So you are just imagining things and making yourself sick.

Get well soon.

Drugs and mental illness with this woman, the beach pisser was drunk?