Residence certificate with Tourist Visa?

You don't say where you are in thailand 😕 

In Bangkok they recently changed the certificate of residence process

BEFORE you had to be on a visa/extension where you did 90 day reporting AND had a 90 day report slip with you because they used that address to mail the COR to you

NOW you can get a COR on a free entry stamp / tourist visa etc as long as you have a TM30 <- they will send the COR to the address you're registered as staying at

The way it works in bangkok is
-Certificates of Residence are issued in section B.
-You fill out the document, copy of the data page of your passport, your entry stamp/extension, your TM30.
-You pay 200baht (get a receipt) and get a paper with the Thai Post EMS tracking number on it.
-They'll mail the COR to you in about 5 days 

This is what the form looks like

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes but on the form above I don't see that option...maybe like the Pattaya COR  they don't actually specify what the certificate is for   on the actual certificate just confirms the address...kinda makes me wonder why they ask in the dirst place ?

3 minutes ago, johng said:

Yes but on the form above I don't see that option...maybe like the Pattaya COR  they don't actually specify what the certificate is for   on the actual certificate just confirms the address...kinda makes me wonder why they ask in the dirst place ?

I got one recently (Bangkok), and the reason is clearly stated.  Having said that I got a new bank account earlier in the year and the bank didn't ask for a COR, just a copy of my apartment lease.

8 minutes ago, johng said:

Yes but on the form above I don't see that option..

The actual COR that you receive does not state what it's for. eg TDL.

Just tick eg TDL on the application and present COR to bank to assist with opening bank account. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Having said that I got a new bank account earlier in the year and the bank didn't ask for a COR, just a copy of my apartment lease.

The OP is on tourist visa.

Assume you have extensions from a visa? 

• Agree 1

Not all provinces will issue a COR on a tourist visa. As an example NST requires a 90 day report first. All banks will not issue an account on a tourist visa with just a COR. Many require a long stay visa stamp so be sure to check first as there is no single rule that provincial Imm follow.