Liz Cheney: Conservatives may need a new party

simple1

Former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) indicated in an interview at The Capital Times Idea Fest in Madison, Wisc., that conservatives could end up forming a new kind of conservative party, arguing that “far too much has happened that’s too damaging” in the Republican Party.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/4892415-liz-cheney-new-republican-party/

11 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what has Liz Cheney call for a more moderate conservative party formation got to to with the left and "war mongers". Both Cheney's have now disavowed their prior support for sponsoring armed conflict. in M.E. Admittedly after a number of grievous judgement calls.

Sorry at this time I would rather not give a basic history lesson. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

You MAGA guys call it 'basic'. I would use the 'S'-word.

ah ok maybe go reply to some maga person then. not sure why you are replying to me. and your reply is sort of random and meaningless. 

12 hours ago, simple1 said:

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what has Liz Cheney call for a more moderate conservative party formation got to to with the left and "war mongers". Both Cheney's have now disavowed their prior support for sponsoring armed conflict. in M.E. Admittedly after a number of grievous judgement calls.

Yeah but made him and his family quite rich!

18 hours ago, simple1 said:

Former Rep. Liz Cheney indicated that conservatives could end up forming a new kind of conservative party, arguing that “far too much has happened that’s too damaging” in the Republican Party

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in family political dynasty's.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.
In a bygone era, what STD would Rachel Maddow have attributed to Liz Cheney?  Papa Bear was worse than herpes :giggle:

Edited by expat_4_life

Come election day they will have a chance to reorganize their party, and get rid of the extremist elements within it, once Trump loses for the second time and is completely banished from the world of politics. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Come election day they will have a chance to reorganize their party, and get rid of the extremist elements within it, once Trump loses for the second time and is completely banished from the world of politics. 

What if he wins?

16 hours ago, stoner said:

in simple terms...the war mongers are on the left now. 

who in their right mind would gush about an endorsement from dick cheny or any cheny for that matter ? the biggest war mongers out there. no bid contracts hahah i love it. 

yes i know this is about liz but if people cannot see the correlation then that's something they personally need to work on. 

Well said. Given that Liz was humiliated in the vote that ousted her would any sensible conservative want to be associated with her?

BTW, I assume this is an attempt to form a grouping that she can control, in some folorn attempt to get back into congress.

Whatever, she is as vile as her father and the further they are kept from influence the better.

2 hours ago, Wake Up1 said:

Where are the Ronald Reagan Republicans Ike me? 

You mean the Ronald Regan that was POTUS during a war campaign in Nicaragua with the Contras funded by the illegal sale of weapons to Iran?

You want more like that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–Contra_affair

Edited by thaibeachlovers

2 hours ago, Wake Up1 said:

Where are the Ronald Reagan Republicans Ike me? 

I did not support the fake WMD war against Iraq and Dick Chaney. 

I also have never supported a con man like the Donald. But Liz Cheney is one of the few to call the Donald a disgrace. 

I wish we had a true Republican Party as the true Republicans like me must vote for Kamala to avoid the mass disaster of the Donald cult. MAGA cult members are naive and act weird. They love a weird acting man who lacks integrity and character. 

I never imagined a USA that would allow an orange make up face com man to control and memorize a large group of adults who dress up like fools and yell Fight Fight Fight and support January 6 traitors.  

Good riddance to the Donald. God help the Republican Party to take back control from the MAGA cult and the anti abortion religious radicals. 

Oh wow....well said.....you seem like you might be a lone voice....but hopefully there are others like you.