Burmese man condemned for preaching Christianity to Buddhist novices

webfact

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

How dare they to each some other religion as Thai Buddhism is not real Buddhism but a mix of all mind of religions... Real Buddhism doesn't exist in Thailand...Buddhists monks are not allowed to gamble, smoke,  drink alcohol, have sex, and don't need money as they do here in Thailand

And…..“ Why do youallow these young novices to shout hallelujah tothe god of another religion like this?“

I’m confused…which God do real Buddhist worship?

15 minutes ago, Hotpepper53 said:

And…..“ Why do youallow these young novices to shout hallelujah tothe god of another religion like this?“

Buddhism is not a religion with a God,but a way of living , although in Thailand Buddha is seen as God 

Thailand protects the freedom of religion since its constitutional change in 1932.

But it is kind of rude to attempt to convert people who are already with other faith(religion).

Unless they themselves are very willing to do so spontaneously. 

Edited by black tabby12345

1 hour ago, Hotpepper53 said:

Buddhism is  Polytheism unlike Christianity and Islam(Monotheism=only god).

Their  fundamental difference is, in monotheism, only god is Almighty.

But in Monotheism, there are many gods who are not almighty.

Roughly speaking, each of them have own specialty just like an artisan. 

Such as wisdom, commerce, and love etc.

The following link will help.

20 Hindu Gods and Goddesses illustrations in Sumi-E. :: Behance

I have long heard of Buddhists reflecting on their history of having other religions trying to overwhelm them, with both persuasion and coercion.  I can’t remember where I first heard the term, but they called these religions/ideologies “Predatory Religions”, ones that have such a need to “save” you that they are determined to either convert you or even kill you. 

Historically, some Buddhists have named Christianity and Islam in this class, and, in the 20th century, Marxism.  Convert you or kill you; history is full of the bloodbaths – although, certainly, not all proselytizers of these religions are murderous; but they are intently focused on converting you to their worldview. 

Caveat:  surely history can show us some similar examples of intolerance on the part of Buddhists.  But Buddhists usually have not tended to be such “predator” religionists. 

I am surprised JW and this FallenGong or whatever you call it is allowed to proselytize in public parks in Thailand.

I have asked one of the JW dudes, he holds a real job and is on a work visa, my guess is breaching the statutes of it