Does changing planes in Bangkok mean clearing immigration in Bangkok?

Flight into Thailand has a change at BKK but it's not a self-transfer i.e. I am checked in to final destination and will not need to collect baggage. Will I still go through immigration in Bangkok? Does it mame any difference if the stop is at DMK?

Edited by s_jess

all flights to Thailand if u land first in Bangkok, u clear immigration there
there is a immigration for transit passengers  , just follow the signs

• Thumbs Up 1

It will depend as to whether or not your onward flight is domestic or International.

If you are transferring to a domestic flight eg Samui, Krabi etc then you will be processed by immigration in Bangkok.

If it is International to International - then immigration will be at your final destination.

You will be checked either way. You will not enter Thailand if you have onward travel on the same booking. If you have separate booking, you will enter and check in before going to your connecting flight.

As you are checked in to your final destination you seem to be a transit passenger and wouldn't need to be processed in and then out again. Although it sounds like you are changing airports? Are you arriving internationally and departing on the same, or a partner, airline?  

Your airline or travel agent should be consulted instead of a forum. They have access to your ticketing.

3 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

As you are checked in to your final destination you seem to be a transit passenger and wouldn't need to be processed in and then out again. Although it sounds like you are changing airports? Are you arriving internationally and departing on the same, or a partner, airline?  

Your airline or travel agent should be consulted instead of a forum. They have access to your ticketing.

Changing airports would require entering through customs, plus about three hours for transit and check-in, if the traffic if good. Switching from BKK to DMK is a huge deal. I would not do it without 4 hours.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Changing airports would require entering through customs, plus about three hours for transit and check-in, if the traffic if good. Switching from BKK to DMK is a huge deal. I would not do it without 4 hours.

Three trains. ARL to Makkasan, MRT to Bang Sue, Red Line to DMK. You have AT LEAST 2 hours of travel regardless. 45ish km between airports

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Or take the free shuttle bus which takes one hour and departs every hour 

And for once, I am going with Yagoda on this one. One hour at 2am, two hours at 5pm. I would avoid this transfer if at all possible.

Edited by cjinchiangrai

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Posts re transfer from BKK to DMK are off topic.

The OP is asking if need clear immigration for second leg and would answer be same for both airports. 

But it helps complete the answer for a common scenario.