Top Trending EV Cars in Thailand

CharlieH

IMO the majority of EV's I see in Chiang Rai are BYD.

I would be wondering about the support levels of these obscure brands. How many would have service shops in Chiang Rai or Udon Thani if something goes wrong?

12 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I have a concern about the Xiaomi EV.

They use aluminum electrical cables.

I’ve had aluminum speaker cables fail through corrosion.

the xiaomi su7 is a good-looking car, and at this price, i'd be willing to take a risk!

keep in mind, it's xiaomi's first car, so they'll learn and improve quickly ...

btw, 30 years ago, i considered buying a jaguar because i loved the design, but i didn't go through with it.

i knew how unreliable it could be and that it would be too expensive in the long run ...

Edited by motdaeng
add text

53 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IMO the majority of EV's I see in Chiang Rai are BYD.

I would be wondering about the support levels of these obscure brands. How many would have service shops in Chiang Rai or Udon Thani if something goes wrong?

i agree, a few of the newer ev brands will likely disappear from thailand. some may only maintain a few main

branches in big cities and will no longer have any presence in remote areas like nakhon nowhere.

with brands like mg, byd, changan, and neta, i don’t think you need to worry ...

The Chinese are doing their best to crush western manufacturers with cut price products built with cheap labour and government ownership / subsidies.

everyone buying these products are supporting the Expansionist plans of the CCP.

they look great and feel lovely inside these day, but when all these electronic components fail, there won’t be a chance in hell of them getting repaired in thailand.

after a few years, the likes of Honda, Toyota etc will pull out (as Ford has largely done) and then we are stuck with Chinese manufacturers - and the prices will sky rocket.

So that’s the plan, it’s what the Chinese government do. 

Only you can decide your next purchase. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, TTSIssues said:

The Chinese are doing their best to crush western manufacturers with cut price products built with cheap labour and government ownership / subsidies.

everyone buying these products are supporting the Expansionist plans of the CCP.

they look great and feel lovely inside these day, but when all these electronic components fail, there won’t be a chance in hell of them getting repaired in thailand.

after a few years, the likes of Honda, Toyota etc will pull out (as Ford has largely done) and then we are stuck with Chinese manufacturers - and the prices will sky rocket.

So that’s the plan, it’s what the Chinese government do. 

Only you can decide your next purchase. 

Any more fantasies? Or are you done now?