Tramadol

Badrabbit

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

I'm old as well, had a very bad night as I stopped taking the Tramadol, I went about 9 hrs without then the pain started back, headache from hell, took 1 tablet this morning at 6am it's now 10.15 the pain and headache has almost gone.

I can't afford to keep going to Hospital when nothing is found, I'm happy to keep taking the Tramadol and be pain free, I don't like taking it but it's something I have to do.

Just keep taking it because after 22 years I'm still here lol

Its FM you've got I'd bet my last Dollar on it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

Lately I’ve been told “ No, but have Ultracet”, which I believe is more effective anyway.

Just been to my local Pharmacy. Ultracet = No have. Tramadol was Bht 4 per 50mg tablet, and separate Para was Bht 55 for 100. Sorted.

21 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Sorry to hear that, it's the best pain killer for me, not tried anything else though.

I have severe back problems.  Two compression fractures in upper back that nothing will touch if disturbed, only physical manipulation untill back in place which I can manage alone quite quickly.  My main problems are lower back, ruptured/bulging discs that have never repaired but led to arthritis as well.  Cant stand more than about 10 minutes before I have to sit and sleep alone because I thrash and roll about all night trying to get comfortable.

Cannabis is usually all I take.  It just seems to take the edge off enough or put me in a mood that I can handle the pain better, maybe both.  I rarely take any medication unless very necessary and especially not those designed for symptoms only.  About 6 months ago I accidently tipped of my office chair and put my back out resulting in serious sciatic type pain.  I tried to rectify with some exercises a chiro taught me years ago.   I ended up in a worse state, collapsed in the bathroom and was taken to hospital on my back.   I spent about 2 days on morphine injections and then he changed me over to Soproxen (Naproxen) which worked absolute wonders I couldnt believe it. 

Ive taken tramadol previously and it does nothing for my back compared to this stuff.    There are strict guidlines for taking Soproxen such as always with food, a large glass of water and not lying down for 30 minutes as it is really nasty on the kidneys and liver.  I was told to only take it when I couldnt handle the pain.  After a couple of weeks my back settled again and I slowley weaned myself off it for the 3rd week.  Since then I have been back to cannabis only and managing the pain.

I am only suggesting this drug if the pain gets really severe and only under a doc's advice, you may find they want to do kidney/liver tests as well before prescribing.  Good luck.

Some of the suggestions are beyond comedy gold they really are

Its as if Thailand doesnt have  Physicians and Consultants trained for years who know what they're doing as regards ongoing extensive tests

Ohh hang on says one of Bumrungrad's finest we'd better pop onto Asean to see if any of the bar room brawlers have got any suggestions