Why Men Are Rejecting Marriage

save the frogs

11 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Well good for you.   What part of 'most of us' did you not understand?

Clearly the wife is the brains of the operation. 

I understood what you wrote.   What I don't quite understand is why your comment has a negative tone to it.   After reading about men who are "taken to the cleaners" by both American and Thai women, I consider myself fortunate that I was able to convince a judge to annul my marriage, leaving the ex wife with nothing.   

As for "the brains" of the operation.   My wife has a degree in business and knows what to do when it comes to that.   She is also very good with numbers.   I am tapped to make decisions about a variety of other subjects, so we seem to make a good pair in the course of our lives together.  

Edited by radiochaser

19 hours ago, radiochaser said:

I'm not a victim of western marriage laws.  The woman I was married to left me for someone else.   I petitioned the court, in California, for an annulment of the marriage.   The judge granted the annulment!

I also married a woman from Thailand.   As opposed to another's comment about Thai's being a drudge that can be bullied and controlled, my wife is a self motivated hard working individual, that will not be bullied, asks for advice but does what she decides to do, and does not take poo from anyone.   She now owns and runs a business that has a gross income of over $1,200,000.00  USD  a year.  We have been married for more than 30 years.     

I also have been married twice the first one in the west for 30 years and now the second time to a Thai for 21 years I ended the first marriage not my western wife, for a number of reasons married again to a Thai and are still married after 21 years. Never paid anything for my divorce apart from a few bucks court fees, and yes my current Thai wife makes good money and support me in my old age, can't complain about west or east. 

• Haha 1

I still think marriage can work if there's a very high level of compatibility in many areas, and if it's an Asian woman who is comfortable manifesting the dignity within femininity, and likes to play the role of a woman, and enjoys her man being a real man.

Otherwise it's just a big nasty mess. 

On 9/27/2024 at 3:44 PM, save the frogs said:

just came across a youtube vlogger based in romania.

claims eastern european women are way better than american women for marriage. 

easy to justify ...just look at the conservative "modern offerings" ...  

image.jpeg.c56b94d5d0c9ca08e21374eaeeaf254c.jpegimage.jpeg.420ab605aed8843dab89226139281534.jpegAre Trans Women Now the Best Women? | IWFTransgender Day of Visibility ...Vice President Kamala Harris' backgroundMarsha P. Johnson, a black, transgender ...

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, wombat said:

Fir the Same old argument that's been around since the 60's when the pill appeared.

Marriage was the only way to stop inbreeding....it would seem that some cults didn't get the memo.

Given that large numbers don't bother getting married before having kids now, that's something that belongs in history.

I see no reason for even having marriage any more given it's failure rate. Lawyers like it though.