Your opinion on leasing ? Why isn’t more popular ? It offers some kind of certainty

Hi guys,

I’m a 59 years old frenchman who will come and live in Thailand in about 4 years time.

I will probably be renting as it guarantees freedom but … at the same, I was thinking about leasing (not straight away but after a while, once having explored around a bit). 

What’s your opinion about the value of leasing?

Thanks for your advice and help figuring out that stuff,

Franck

Renting vs Leasing? Aren't they the same thing? Are you talking about property, a vehicle or a woman? 

Please clarify for us as many may be curious as to your plan.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Franck60 said:

I’m a 59 years old frenchman who will come and live in Thailand in about 4 years time.

in 4 years a lot can change, in your personal life as in thailand as well ...

it seems you're serious about your plan to leave your home country ...:smile: 

@Franck60 What are you talking about? I assume you are talking about a car?

53 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Renting vs Leasing? Aren't they the same thing?

Renting and leasing are not the same12. Here are some differences between the two:

• Leasing contracts have two parties – lessor and lessee. A rental agreement has two parties as well – landlord and tenant.
  • Leasing is usually done for assets/equipment. Renting is mostly done for properties or lands.
  • In leasing, the servicing and maintenance are done by the lessee when s/he takes the equipment on lease. In renting, on the other hand, the servicing and maintenance are done by the landlord even if the tenant takes the property on rent.
  • The critical difference between lease and rent is their duration. Whereas a leasing remains valid for the period specified in a formal agreement (typically one year), a rental agreement could cover a short-term period for month-to-month stays or vacation rentals.
Edited by Gottfrid