Trump appeal against ridiculous fine looks like a winner

theblether

Gordon Gecko famously said in the movie Wall Street "greed is good." Sometimes controlling your appetite for revenge is the better course. While he may lose the appeal against conviction, he'll almost certainly get the amount of the fine reduced.

"A five-judge New York appellate panel questioned both the size and validity of a judgment of more than $450 million against Donald J. Trump at a hearing."

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/26/nyregion/trump-civil-fraud-penalty-appeals-court.html

4 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Yes, I agree posting a link to a source hidden behind a paywall is quite laughable.

It wasn't behind a paywall for me but hey, try google - there's plenty of free sources for the same story out there. You'll even read reports on <removed> websites. You'll know where to find them, eh? 

Carry on. 

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Inderpland said:

So, you're just posting your hopes and dreams. OK then.

even the legal eagles at Meidas Touch expect it to be reduced on the basis of EVERY appeal that has gone before the appellant court has been reduced. They're estimating that it will be reduced to within the range of $175m - $300m PLUS the interest.

• Like 1

My guess at a likely outcome is that the punitive award will be reduced by maybe 100 million, but not overturned. I’ve noticed similar outcomes in past cases if I recall correctly. The one that comes to mind is the woman who spilled a cup of McDonalds coffee on herself and was initially awarded some astronomical sum ( I forget the numbers involved) but it was reduced considerably on appeal. Personally I think that one should have been vacated entirely because some personal responsibility should be attached to handling hot liquids, but not how the world wags anymore.

I think that the New York Appeals Court will reduce the fine significantly, and the Supreme Court will dismiss the case afterwards. Then when Trump is President he'll clean out the DoJ of the biased, corrupt Democrat(-Marxist) judges around the country. Get our resume ready, Engoran!

1 hour ago, Theforgotten1 said:

There are so many people on this forum who hate Trump , hate the fact that he never started a war under his presidency, hate the fact that he help the black population, hate the fact that he wanted to make America a better country for the Americans.  

I think its just because hes mean. Americans are very sensitive people…