update to 24 H2 didn't work

Aforek

Hello, 

I have Windows 11 installed on an "uncompatible "PC ( only because my processor is 7 st generation ) 

today, in Windows update, I received a message for update 24H2 ( it's the first day ) 

I said Ok, and everything was updated as usual, but when I look in "system ", I see that I am still with 23H2

Does it mean that the update didn't work ? why , and how to update to 24 H2 ?

thanks 

2 hours ago, Aforek said:

Hello, 

I have Windows 11 installed on an "uncompatible "PC ( only because my processor is 7 st generation ) 

today, in Windows update, I received a message for update 24H2 ( it's the first day ) 

I said Ok, and everything was updated as usual, but when I look in "system ", I see that I am still with 23H2

Does it mean that the update didn't work ? why , and how to update to 24 H2 ?

thanks 

The Win11 24H2 patch update is not available until 8th October.  Your old PC may not be able to run it.

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-reveals-windows-11-24h2-release-date-for-all-pcs-is-your-system-ready/

If you wondering whether your PC is compatible with 24H2, Microsoft is not altering the system requirements for the new version, though devices running very old processors will no longer be able to bypass the requirements.

The October 8 2024 Patch Tuesday update will also see another major change. The company announced yesterday that Quality Updates will now be pushed during the initial provisioning (OOBE) on Intune-managed devices.