Foreign men vandalise Phuket restaurant, shatter windows and flee

webfact

image.jpeg

Two foreign men vandalised a local restaurant in Phuket early this morning, September 30, shattering glass windows and causing distress among staff and nearby residents. The incidents occurred at the Birds Cafe Restaurant in Soi OrBorTor, Cherng Talay, and prompted a police investigation.

The first act of vandalism took place at approximately 2.18am when a foreign man arrived on a motorbike, parked in front of the establishment, and proceeded to break the glass windows.

According to the Phuket News, a 68 year old security guard at the restaurant, Kochem Nukun, described the noise as loud enough to resemble a gunshot, which led to fears that a firearm had been used. The assailant quickly fled the scene on his motorcycle.

Less than an hour later, at around 2.58am, a second foreign man arrived at the same Phuket restaurant and smashed more glass before fleeing similarly. This second act intensified the panic among the restaurant’s staff and nearby residents.

Police are now focused on identifying and apprehending the suspects. as well as working to confirm the motives behind these alarming attacks.

The incidents have left the community rattled, with residents and business owners calling for increased security measures in the area. The restaurant remains closed while repairs are underway and police continue their investigation.

The motivation behind the attacks remains unclear, but the deliberate targeting of the restaurant within such a short time frame suggests a possible connection between the two vandals.

by Ryan Turner
Image courtesy of Cherng Talay Police

Source: The Thaiger 

-- 2024-09-30

news-footer-2.png

image.png

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

I'd be paying a visit to nearby competitors.

Why would they use foreign thugs?

Unless the restaurant is foreign backed and has a local dispute with someone?

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, twizzian said:

The 68 year security guard should have stepped in & sorted this fracus out

I am not quite sure what a 68 year old guard is expected to do at his age. Does yelling "Get Off MY Lawn!" still work?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Olof Karlsson said:

When thai people do the same,aseannow dont care. Its not interesting  for them

As any country, Thailand already has its own scum to deal with, why who they have to bear foreign scum too ? Same in Europe with unassimilable and uncontrolled immigration

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Dexxter said:

I am not quite sure what a 68 year old guard is expected to do at his age. Does yelling "Get Off MY Lawn!" still work?

Why was he employed in that capacity he was obviously not up to the job

10 hours ago, Olof Karlsson said:

When thai people do the same,aseannow dont care. Its not interesting  for them

So here you are, on a news site for foreigners complaining about news involving foreigners.

10 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Russian restaurant and Russian nail salon.

It might have been the Ukraines?

If a Russian establishment then it is a Russian dispute. The Ukrainians and Russians have a "gentleman's agreement" not to get into fights in Thailand. Have you ever seen them in any public disputes? None of them wants to create a situation where there is scrutiny on their large communities in Thailand. The violence we see with Russians tends to be criminal gang related, i.e. turf dispute, debt, protection money etc.

• Haha 1