The Republican Freak Show

Mazungu

12 hours ago, shdmn said:

Anytime I hear anyone try describe themselves as some sort of centrist I just laugh.  That means they are probably wishy-washy enough be convinced to vote for just about anyone depending on what kind of pony someone promises them.  Kinda like libertarians.

image.gif

As opposed to you, who.....?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Then you remember incorrectly. I was saying I need to reduce my exposure to the worst of the MAGA cultists - which I have.

Are you saying you felt taunted?

I felt hopeful, as did others.

Given the number of posts you are making, your definition of "reduce" differs significantly from my own.

I think the ignore function is awaiting my click. Bye.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/1/2024 at 9:32 AM, Mazungu said:

I probably shouldn't tell you this but you can find out about it yourself if you're good with a computer and know the dark web. Trump is such a threat to America and democracy a drastic plan needed to be hatched by the Dems. It was decided by Biden & Harris in the spring that if by summer Biden was trailing in the polls that they would do a switcharoo in the hopes Harris could do better. So they moved up the first debate for June when all the other first presidential debates in history had occurred in September or October. They did this because it was apparent by then that Biden would lose to Trump and maybe even by a landslide. The only way they could get public support for this was by making it look like Biden had advanced dementia and needed Harris to take over. In truth Biden is just fine but for the good of the country and to keep the ruse going he now has to act like he has late-stage dementia. Otherwise Trump would call "foul" and "it's not fair," and maybe even try another coup. Go back and look at Biden's SOTU speech in March. Biden was strong and vigorous. So much so that Trump suggested Biden was 'higher than a kite' during the speech and called for a pre-debate drug test. Do you really think a guy would go from strong and vigorous to late-stage dementia in 3 months? This 3-dimensional chess play by Biden/Harris had the added benefit of making Trump and his campaign spend hundreds of millions of dollars on ads and the GOP convention attacking Biden. That money was wasted and went down the tubes once Harris took over. So it seems at this point the drastic plan is working to a tee. 

and there is 'proof?'

care to onion me?

On 9/30/2024 at 5:35 PM, flexomike said:

You need to cut back on the kool aid if you think Kamala is the answer, our country is in a world of hurt if she gets elected.

Your country is already in a world of hurt but since you think it’s the center of the universe, you cannot see it. The rest of the world looks at your country as an absolute joke and a source of pure entertainment. I feel sorry for each and every one of you and I hope things change for the better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JoeRan said:

Your country is already in a world of hurt but since you think it’s the center of the universe, you cannot see it. The rest of the world looks at your country as an absolute joke and a source of pure entertainment. I feel sorry for each and every one of you and I hope things change for the better. 

I think the same, but then wonder how much of what we are fed by the press contributes to that image?

The impression is everyone is obese, obsessed with Trump and there are drive-by shooting within ear shot most days......can that really be the truth?

• Like 1

The vile orange blob who campaigned

on statements like 'I am so rich you wouldn't believe it' is now reduced to selling watches to fund his living expenses, such is the depths of the abyss they have sunk to.

I can't wait to see the next watch seller turning up at a beer bar with a fake one.

It will be just like him, a total fake, hilarious 

Edited by Andycoops

On 9/30/2024 at 12:53 PM, MalcolmB said:

They are all stark raving mad.

Looks like Harris will get up this election but Trump will be back for 2028.

What worries me is what clown show / lies Trump will create to try to convince all he was robbed. 

• Like 1

Talking about freaks......this is Trump today, referring to the 109 US soldiers severely injured when the Iranians fired a ballistic missile at their camp in 2020........how sick is this........

"First of all, injured, what does injured mean. You mean because they had a headache? 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-harris-live-updates-elections-vp-debate-b2622806.html

• Like 1

On 10/1/2024 at 11:52 PM, spidermike007 said:

Well for one thing Trump has given people permission to be racist, he has given them permission to hate, and he has given them permission to be intolerant. I used to pride myself in thinking that I came from a nation that was one of the most tolerant in the world. I was so wrong about that. 

I do understand some of the support that he has. As a centrist democrat I'm not particularly enchanted with the alternative, but I will take her over him. I would take Miley Cyrus over him,, I would take Pauly Shore over him. 

what about Woody?

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

What worries me is what clown show / lies Trump will create to try to convince all he was robbed. 

There will be plenty.

The witchhunt, crooked Kamala, the swamp, dodgy counting machines, etc etc

And most of his followers will believe him.

They are stark raving mad and gullible to conspiracy theories.

On 9/30/2024 at 2:35 PM, BigStar said:

Just more tiresome name-calling from the loony Left. YAWN.

At the moment the GOP doesn't exist anymore as a viable cohesive party which is a shame because every government needs a good opposition. Trump killed the sensible portion of the party with the MAGA mob threat, be a sycophant or risk not being reelected, so the party is split into factions, those with a spine being the smallest. I hope with time and Trump's absence normality will return....to the house and senate as well as the nation; at the moment one could draw parallels with the senate in ancient Rome which gave up all authority to the Caeser of the day.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2024 at 12:43 PM, G_Money said:

False equivalency??? I don’t think so.

All of them.

While I could find common ground in agreeing that we are, in fact, where we are as a result of the policies, actions/inactions of both the Republican and the Democrat Party and certainly would agree that our system of demanding money contributions corrupts both parties … I cannot state that both parties are the same. Sorry, but I am bias, as an educator of history … mostly the words, liberal applied to the Democrats and conservative applied to the Republicans is valid by dictionary definition. There is a healthy debate that needs to take place in deciding policies to adress issues going forward. Sadly, this is not possible currently as many Republican Party supporters will tell you with their upcoming voting.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

At the moment the GOP doesn't exist anymore as a viable cohesive party

Having about 50% of the vote and a good chance of regaining the presidency and both houses means it's a viable party. 

every government needs a good opposition

The opposing platform is laid out here:

2024 Republican Party Platform

opposed to what's known of Kamala's leftist "values that have remained constant." And good 'nuff for about half the electorate, the rest brainwashed and kept ignorant by media propaganda for Biden/Harris/Walz.

All you mean is that, as with most rants here, you don't like the opposition. Oh, well.

I hope with time and Trump's absence normality will return....to the house and senate as well as the nation; at the moment one could draw parallels with the senate in ancient Rome which gave up all authority to the Caeser of the day.

No, that would simply mean a permanent takeover of the gov't by loony leftist thugs. Most on the forum would approve, but a few of us here wouldn't, along w/ about half the electorate, the race being pretty even at the moment.

Edited by BigStar