Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

KhunLA

19 hours ago, Cameroni said:

You clearly don't know Russians very well, and you know history even less. 

If you did you would know that Russia was deceived by NATO, lied to by NATO and NATO expanded towards Russia even though it promised not to do so. Even though Russia repeatedly voiced its concerns against this NATO encirclement. Even at the Bucharest NATO conference in 2008 where Putin was invited and strongly objected to the announcment Ukraine will become a NATO member.

You would also know that Ukraine refused to pay its gas bill, banned Russia social media and generally left the Donbass to rot.

For your information I have been to Russia many times and know Russians very well.

The West is most definitely responsible for this war in Ukraine. Don't tell me you don't know that Boris Johnson flew into Ukraine after Russia and Ukraine had already been negotiating and Zelesnky had publicly announced that Ukraine would not join NATO, they were about to sign when Boris Johnson told Zelensky if he signed the West will not support Ukraine, let us just fight and we will supply billions of dollars and weapons. All of course, with the aim to weaken Russia. The Ukraine war is a conpiracy by the West over many years and culminating in this Boris Johnson visit. The West is the evil side. The Russians are the good guys here. 

It is Ukraine that needs to live next to Russia. And if Ukraine cannot stop poking Russia in the eye with a stick, then it will have to pay the price.

Thank you - I have also been to Russia many times, and what you outline is, in fact, the truth, but it will be buried in people's bias and lightly thought-out opinions as served to them by MSM.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bangadang said:

Thank you - I have also been to Russia many times, and what you outline is, in fact, the truth, but it will be buried in people's bias and lightly thought-out opinions as served to them by MSM.

So the MSM such as the BBC, CNN, etc with all its' resources is unable to verify and validate its' articles, and is thus unable to produce "the truth", while the alternative media e.g. the one man behind "Buster's blog", has immediate access to verifiable and validity data and is therefore able to publish unquestionable facts. 

Quite the conundrum.

• Thanks 2

On 10/10/2024 at 2:04 PM, Cameroni said:

You clearly don't know Russians very well, and you know history even less. 

If you did you would know that Russia was deceived by NATO, lied to by NATO and NATO expanded towards Russia even though it promised not to do so. Even though Russia repeatedly voiced its concerns against this NATO encirclement. Even at the Bucharest NATO conference in 2008 where Putin was invited and strongly objected to the announcment Ukraine will become a NATO member.

You would also know that Ukraine refused to pay its gas bill, banned Russia social media and generally left the Donbass to rot.

For your information I have been to Russia many times and know Russians very well.

The West is most definitely responsible for this war in Ukraine. Don't tell me you don't know that Boris Johnson flew into Ukraine after Russia and Ukraine had already been negotiating and Zelesnky had publicly announced that Ukraine would not join NATO, they were about to sign when Boris Johnson told Zelensky if he signed the West will not support Ukraine, let us just fight and we will supply billions of dollars and weapons. All of course, with the aim to weaken Russia. The Ukraine war is a conpiracy by the West over many years and culminating in this Boris Johnson visit. The West is the evil side. The Russians are the good guys here. 

It is Ukraine that needs to live next to Russia. And if Ukraine cannot stop poking Russia in the eye with a stick, then it will have to pay the price.

This is so BS, and so full of lies, I have no intention discussing this with you. What a load of crap.

All Kremlin takling points, bla bla bla. There was never a Zelensky deal.

I know perfectly well all about Russia and Russians, I am half Russian, I was born in that godless country. 

Edited by thaibreaker
  • Like 2

On 10/1/2024 at 3:25 PM, RayC said:

You are, of course, completely correct.

I got as far as Kennedy "explaining" that Gorbachev bargained German unification for Baker's assurance of no eastwards NATO expansion, before giving up: Complete and utter nonsense.

Firstly, Baker was not in a position to give such assurances. Secondly, Gorbachev had no real say in the matter wrt East Germany. It was not a question of what Russia wanted to do with East Germany, rather would West Germany accept reunification, on what terms and would West Germany's allies in the EU, notably France and the UK, be supportive of reunification (initially at least, both Mitterrand and Thatcher had reservations and were lukewarm in their support).

Oh, by the way Ted. The Berlin Wall fell in 1989, not 1991 as you stated. How can anyone take seriously a man who can't even get the basic facts regarding dates correct?

If you care for facts, then you might remember that the EU did not exist as such when there was a West Germany,

And here's some light reading pertinent to your "nonsense" comment above:

\

Declassified documents show security assurances against NATO expansion to Soviet leaders from Baker, Bush, Genscher, Kohl, Gates, Mitterrand, Thatcher, Hurd, Major, and Woerner.

Slavic Studies Panel Addresses “Who Promised What to Whom on NATO Expansion?”

https://nsarchive.gwu.edu/briefing-book/russia-programs/2017-12-12/nato-expansion-what-gorbachev-heard-western-leaders-early

On 10/11/2024 at 4:16 AM, bangadang said:

Thank you for your kind comments. Some people  can look at reality and  judge it on its merits. Others have to invent a wholly imaginary narrative since they want to view Ukraine as the innocent hero, but it is a lot more complicated than that.

I still stand by what I said, in this conflict it was Russia that was lied to and Russia has a right to  protect its territorial integrity, including by the means of war.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Thank you for your kind comments. Some people  can look at reality and  judge it on its merits. Others have to invent a wholly imaginary narrative since they want to view Ukraine as the innocent hero, but it is a lot more complicated than that.

I still stand by what I said, in this conflict it was Russia that was lied to and Russia has a right to  protect its territorial integrity, including by the means of war.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but to imply that those who share that opinion, " ... can look at reality and judge it on its merits ... (while those who hold to an alternative viewpoint) ....  have to invent a wholly imaginary narrative", is imo diametrically opposite to the truth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

If you care for facts, then you might remember that the EU did not exist as such when there was a West Germany,

Nothing more than pedantry, as replacing 'EU' with 'EEC' has absolutely no effect on my argument. However, if it makes you happy: You're right. The EU did not exist in 1991, so I should have stated, " ...would West Germany's allies in the EEC ...

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

And here's some light reading pertinent to your "nonsense" comment above:

\

Declassified documents show security assurances against NATO expansion to Soviet leaders from Baker, Bush, Genscher, Kohl, Gates, Mitterrand, Thatcher, Hurd, Major, and Woerner.

Slavic Studies Panel Addresses “Who Promised What to Whom on NATO Expansion?”

https://nsarchive.gwu.edu/briefing-book/russia-programs/2017-12-12/nato-expansion-what-gorbachev-heard-western-leaders-early

The article was linked to on page 2 of this thread and I replied to it there. I'm surprised that you didn't notice that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RayC said:

Nothing more than pedantry, as replacing 'EU' with 'EEC' has absolutely no effect on my argument. However, if it makes you happy: You're right. The EU did not exist in 1991, so I should have stated, " ...would West Germany's allies in the EEC ...

The article was linked to on page 2 of this thread and I replied to it there. I'm surprised that you didn't notice that.

Well I'm not because I just looked back and it's not there.

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Well I'm not because I just looked back and it's not there.

Apologies my mistake. The link was posted by KhunLa on P1. My reply is on P2.

Edited by RayC