Vehicle Inspector Removed Amid Deadly School Bus Fire Probe

webfact

image.jpeg

On October 2, 2024, Jirut Wisaljitr, Director-General of the Department of Land Transport, announced an investigation following a tragic school bus fire.

The bus, carrying students from Wat Khao Phrayasangkaram School in Uthai Thani for a field trip, caught fire near the Anusorn Monument interchange in Pathum Thani, resulting in multiple injuries and fatalities.

Suriya Juangroongruangkit, Minister of Transport, and Surapong Piyachote, Deputy Minister of Transport, ordered an immediate investigation to ensure stricter safety measures and prevent similar incidents.

In response, the Department of Land Transport has established a fact-finding committee. Two senior officials from the Sing Buri Provincial Transport Office, including the head of vehicle inspection, were reassigned to assist in the investigation. If any wrongdoing is discovered, the Department has pledged to enforce the highest level of disciplinary action.

This swift response aims to uphold safety standards and prevent future accidents.

Picture courtesy: Siam Rath

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-03

news-footer-2.png

image.png

37 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Closing door, bolting horse comes to mind. 

Nothing ever happens here until somebody is dead .

There is no preventative maintenance , just knee jerk reactions after the event.

• Like 1

vehicle inspector ?

omg

23 kids dead 

i will bite my tongue grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

this is the ### ultimately responsible, like all the rest - unfit for purpose

Jirut Wisaljitr, Director-General of the Department of Land Transport

Edited by smedly

1 hour ago, MikeandDow said:

Would like to know to what standards these inspectors are working to what are there qualifications or is it who pays the best bribe, Normally all this would come out in a Public inquiry but not here its left to the police or a committee and as soon as its out of the public eye its forgotten or it takes 20 yrs and a slap on the wrist  the apathy in this county has to change if Thailand is to move forward.

You forget... when the brown envelope has been delivered and distributed, bus OK, keep driving... 

Edited by scorecard

For the tax paying you need your car being inspected at a station.. Last year there was an old car with a lot of blacksmoke, a broken brakelight at the back but there was no problem, he got his paper and could go to pay the tax.. That is what only counts in Thailand... pay the tax, but don't check vehicles decently... and that is only 1 I was witnessing how many other with more problems are being approved?? Besides that let your car check at your dealer and they only renew/replace some parts, but never check the profiles on the tires, the brakes, the pressure of the tires and several more unless you ask for it and than they still don't do it... No wonder so many dangerous vehicles are on the roads

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Last year there was an old car with a lot of blacksmoke, a broken brakelight at the back but there was no problem, he got his paper and could go to pay the tax..

I also see this when I go get mine " tested " before I get " approved " so I can get taxed.