Harris Lies, Americans Die. Illegal Aliens are more Important

Yagoda

22 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

"These claims are completely false," a DHS spokesperson told Newsweek Thursday, addressing the accusations by Abbott and others. "As Secretary Mayorkas said, FEMA has the necessary resources to meet the immediate needs associated with Hurricane Helene and other disasters.

Maybe they should get their talking points straight:

The Federal Emergency Management Agency can meet immediate needs but does not have enough funding to make it through the hurricane season, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas told reporters Wednesday.

https://apnews.com/article/hurricane-helene-congress-fema-funding-5be4f18e00ce2b509d6830410cf2c1cb

Edited by impulse
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Ah yes, the MSM spin :cheesy:

Biden & Harris didn't even visit N. Caroline till Wednesday, and it's till Thursday in USA.

Trump was there on Monday :coffee1:  Contacted Musk for additional support with StarLink.

"“Since the Hurricane Helene disaster, SpaceX has sent as many Starlink terminals as possible to help areas in need,” Musk wrote in a post on the social platform X. “Earlier today, @realDonaldTrump alerted me to additional people who need Starlink Internet in North Carolina. We are sending them terminals right away.”  

(source)

Based on the reports from the ground I am getting, Samaritans Purse is doing a great job. Hopefully my cousins place is OK. Its an abject failure by the administration and you can spin all you want, but illegal aliens take precedence over US citizens under Harris. 

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

FEMA is short because so much of their funding went to caring for illegals.

FEMA funds are focused on immediate humanitarian assistance or emergency management not immigration enforcement or long-term migrant support. 

Do you have evidence to the contrary?.....please feel free to share.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

As usual, the MAGA types refused to fund disaster relief and then complain when there's no money for disaster relief.  Just like the infrastructure bill, when these same MAGA types refused to fund, yet, were more than happy to take credit when the money came into their districts.  These MAGA folks are real maggots. 

Don't know about MAGA types, but Congress (dems & reps) seems to have no problems spending 100's of billions, if not a trillion overseas and in USA on non US citizens, when tax paying USA folks could use a bit of help.

Think they all need to check their priorities, and seem to forgot who they actually work for.

If that's not bad enough, they are 'borrowing' the money to do so, as the deficit continues to climb.

Guess they never heard the expressing ... "live within your means" :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

FEMA is short because so much of their funding went to caring for illegals.

OP link:

However, SSP is a small share of FEMA's overall yearly budget. For the new financial year which began Oct. 1, the agency laid out a need for $33.1 billion.

"These claims are completely false," a DHS spokesperson told Newsweek Thursday, addressing the accusations by Abbott and others. "As Secretary Mayorkas said, FEMA has the necessary resources to meet the immediate needs associated with Hurricane Helene and other disasters.

"The Shelter and Services Program (SSP) is a completely separate, appropriated grant program that was authorized and funded by Congress and is not associated in any way with FEMA's disaster-related authorities or funding streams."

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Peanuts for you, Tarheels, illegal aliens are more important.

https://www.newsweek.com/fema-migrant-funding-hurricane-disaster-relief-1963336

Bet ya Harris loses NC big. 

Yet more lies and misinformation from MAGA world. From your link>>>

These claims are completely false," a DHS spokesperson told Newsweek Thursday, addressing the accusations by Abbott and others. "As Secretary Mayorkas said, FEMA has the necessary resources to meet the immediate needs associated with Hurricane Helene and other disasters. "The Shelter and Services Program (SSP) is a completely separate, appropriated grant program that was authorized and funded by Congress and is not associated in any way with FEMA's disaster-related authorities or funding streams."

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Based on the reports from the ground I am getting, Samaritans Purse is doing a great job. Hopefully my cousins place is OK. Its an abject failure by the administration and you can spin all you want, but illegal aliens take precedence over US citizens under Harris. 

My brother's wife has family there.  Let's just say, she's not happy about the govt assistance or lack of, to be more specific.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

These claims are completely false," a DHS spokesperson told Newsweek Thursday, addressing the accusations by Abbott and others. "As Secretary Mayorkas said, FEMA has the necessary resources to meet the immediate needs associated with Hurricane Helene and other disasters. "The Shelter and Services Program (SSP) is a completely separate, appropriated grant program that was authorized and funded by Congress and is not associated in any way with FEMA's disaster-related authorities or funding streams."

You need to do a bit more research out there in Australia

• Confused 1

I thought the whole thrust of Republicans was to get the government out of their lives?

Stop interfering, stop taxing (is this where the funds come from for disaster relief I wonder?), stop telling people what to do. 

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

My brother's wife has family there.  Let's just say, she's not happy about the govt assistance or lack of, to be more specific.

My prayers to her. I have a ton of friends and family out there. One of my friends is sheltering a bunch of folks from his neighborhood (like 4 families) because the road is out. He is survival prepared though so has power, etc. They havent seen anyone, not even down by the bridge leading to their subdivision, which is washed out.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

You need to do a bit more research out there in Australia

Less of the arrogance. What is inaccurate with the quotes I provided?

24 minutes ago, simple1 said:

“We are meeting the immediate needs with the money that we have. We are expecting another hurricane hitting,” Mayorkas said. “FEMA does not have the funds to make it through the season.”

(I'd note that "the season" is through Nov 30.)

https://apnews.com/article/hurricane-helene-congress-fema-funding-5be4f18e00ce2b509d6830410cf2c1cb

Would Congress and the Harris/Biden admin have had to set aside the SSP money if there wasn't a self inflicted  border crisis?  Maybe they'd have that $billion to spend on FEMAs support of citizens after a hurricane.  Which isn't self inflicted.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Yes the North Carolina Republican candidate Mark Robinson is all class. Likely the  most appalling Republican candidate in all of the USA and that's saying something. 

We are talking about Kamala Harris's abject failure in this disaster and what difference does the governors race make? Talk about irrelevance.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, impulse said:

“We are meeting the immediate needs with the money that we have. We are expecting another hurricane hitting,” Mayorkas said. “FEMA does not have the funds to make it through the season.”

(I'd note that "the season" is through Nov 30.)

Would Congress and the Harris/Biden admin have had to set aside the SSP money if there wasn't a border crisis?  Maybe they'd have that $billion to spend on FEMAs support of citizens.  

The lantern has illuminated an honest man.

If Trump was Pres they would lay the bodies at his feet.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

We are talking about Kamala Harris's abject failure in this disaster and what difference does the governors race make? Talk about irrelevance.

Your key claim  is that Harris will lose big in North Carolina and a factor in that is the performance of Mark Robinson  is it not. 

https://www.newyorker.com/news/the-lede/will-mark-robinson-derail-trumps-chances-in-north-carolina

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/09/20/mark-robinson-trump-campaign-election-2024/

https://www.newsweek.com/north-carolina-polling-mark-robinson-scandal-1959015

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chivas said:

"Hariis Lies" lol

Last night watched a video of Trump at Wisconsin from few days ago barking at a tiny crowd. Completely lost his mind utterly deranged

Absolute utter whackjob and a danger to socirty

What was the attendance, do you know? Who posted the video?

25 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

FEMA funds are focused on immediate humanitarian assistance or emergency management not immigration enforcement or long-term migrant support. 

Do you have evidence to the contrary?.....please feel free to share.

https://www.fema.gov/grants/shelter-services-program

SSP provides financial support to non-federal entities to provide humanitarian services to noncitizen migrants following their release from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

3 minutes ago, Chivas said:

"Hariis Lies" lol

Last night watched a video of Trump at Wisconsin from few days ago barking at a tiny crowd. Completely lost his mind utterly deranged

Absolute utter whackjob and a danger to socirty

coming from a Spurs fan😏

• Sad 1

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Well if all you read are those sources, perhaps it is. I know tons of ticket splitters in NC, since I am an NC registered Democrat who voted proudly for Trump, especially since I watch my friends and family suffer while Illegal aliens stay in hotels and get flown around the country with no id and get coddled by Marxist NGOs funded by my tax dollars, etc.

BTW, Robinson is on the ground out there, doing what he can.