How to use aircon to keep the air dry?

Lorry

This morning,  outside was colder then inside,  so a/c switched itself off (my experience with many brands).

Air in the room got very stuffy and humid. 

Opening the window,  not possible,  too noisy.

Fan, too windy,  cannot sleep. 

I have seen the word "dry" on many remotes,  does it have a meaning?  I have very poor experiences with a/c remotes and their buttons. Never seen understandable instructions, never seen anybody who understood them (including Mitsu staff).

Any ideas?

Daikin, 12y.o.

31 minutes ago, Lorry said:

I have seen the word "dry" on many remotes,  does it have a meaning?  I have very poor experiences with a/c remotes and their buttons.

Works fine on my Samsung you can set the temp. to whatever you want and it will continue 'drying' the air. Go on be a devil and press the button..........:dry:

Thx for the answers,  but just as I thought:

Remote has a button " MODE" 

Pressed it > can scroll 3 icons:

a snowflake, I guess it means cooling mode

a fan blade, I guess it means fan-only mode

an almost invisible icon in an unlit dark corner of the screen,  it could be water drops??? TGF when asked what this is,20241004_142617.thumb.jpg.8bce74f0657e29e701ecc71797744de6.jpg said "mai lu ".

Is this how Daikin says "dry mode"? (Or is it to make the a/c start dripping? Or is it something completely different?)

Yeah I think that is the dry mode

be aware that to remove moisture the compressor has to run keeping the indoor unit (evaporator) cool and causing condensation to form  so the temperature will drop and more electricity will be used depending on how low you normally set the temperature.

13 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Thx for the answers,  but just as I thought:

Remote has a button " MODE" 

Pressed it > can scroll 3 icons:

a snowflake, I guess it means cooling mode

a fan blade, I guess it means fan-only mode

an almost invisible icon in an unlit dark corner of the screen,  it could be water drops??? TGF when asked what this is,20241004_142617.thumb.jpg.8bce74f0657e29e701ecc71797744de6.jpg said "mai lu ".

Is this how Daikin says "dry mode"? (Or is it to make the a/c start dripping? Or is it something completely different?)

Yes, the drip is universal, often

Screenshot_2024-10-04-14-40-56-662_com.android.chrome~2.jpg