Cannabis-Intoxicated British Man Arrested for Trespassing and Overstay

webfact

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

How about a good old British name like David Bowie's son, Zowie Bowie, or people named after the entire football club player's names.

He's called "Duncan" now.

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

I have brought my son in on a NZ passport, because his Thai one was expired, I renewed it at BK was done in half a day, but if I had not he would be an overstayer. I doubt this guy if he is half Thai ever got a Thai passport, it should be done as soon as possible after birth.

I heard its very difficult is you leave it to long and try when older, thats what I have heard from many of my wifes Thai friends who never got passports for their sons.

Dont listen to Mia Farangs all they do is gossip and gamble

5 hours ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

Bloke is positively drowning in ganja  😂   Even the cops look stoned. So much for the weed champs saying pot's harmless...

Yap, it's all about the ganja. I'm sure that if he wasn't high on ganja he'd just give himself up nicely...

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Almost sound like he should have both British and Thai nationality. Or maybe the name is from other nearby country.

Certainly sounds Thai.  In which case why hasn't he got a Thai id card?  My son was born in Thailand and we moved back to the UK when he was 7. He has a British passport.  Recently he decided to spend time in Thailand where his mother has a house.  So he applied for his Thai id and a Thai passport.  It not only allows him to work in Thailand but also negates the need for any visas.

We have Norwegian and French friends who have done the same, although over a certain age you are not officially allowed dual nationality by the Thai authorities.  That may have changed now though as I haven't enquired about that for years.

47 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

The tourist revenue is not free money. The incident described herein is one example of the responsibilities the host country must assume when inviting millions of foreigners into their country; many of whom are ignorant of the culture. 

The perpetrator of the crime appears to be breaking the law, surely. 

It's incredible that all the foreigners who are totally ignorant of Thai culture eventually end up in Pattaya. Is that a coincidence or is Pattaya special? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Davedub said:

The title says 'Cannabis fuelled' - am I alone in seeing zero connection between the arrest of someone for illegally entering buildings / overstaying his visa and the fact he was smoking weed just before he was apprehended?

If he'd been having a beer, would the attempted escape have been booze fuelled? What about if he were having a coffee?

What a strange reporting angle - it makes no sense to me at all!

The Thai 'media' (hard to even call it that) seize on the slightest excuse to blame marijuana for every chase, escapade or mild infringement that occurs in the country. Pathetic gutter journalism.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Spock said:
5 hours ago, Davedub said:

The title says 'Cannabis fuelled' - am I alone in seeing zero connection between the arrest of someone for illegally entering buildings / overstaying his visa and the fact he was smoking weed just before he was apprehended?

If he'd been having a beer, would the attempted escape have been booze fuelled? What about if he were having a coffee?

What a strange reporting angle - it makes no sense to me at all!

The Thai 'media' (hard to even call it that) seize on the slightest excuse to blame marijuana for every chase, escapade or mild infringement that occurs in the country. Pathetic gutter journalism.

Do they, really ???

I mean, is there really a media bias against Marijuana ???

I see some articles that clearly paint Marijuana in a negative light, but that does not appear to be general media consensus....    

I think Alcohol is quite rightly more often painted in a negative light than Marijuana ??

I am pro-Marijuana, I like it, I believe in its medicinal as well as recreational properties. 

I believe that just like alcohol, it should be full legalised ( to a certain degree ).

But what I also see is that whenever there is an article that paints Marijuana in a less than positive light there is a reaction on this forum from a 'pro-Marijuana' prospect that is 'over-reactive' in defence....     

... Marijuana can mess people up...  thats ok..  thats the fault of the user not the drug. 

Just like alcohol, when people get drunk and make idiots of themselves, its the fault of the user not the drug.

I think we can accept this headline as a fact rather than an inflammatory trigger... 

An idiot who was high, trespassed and then did a runner...   the article could equally have read...

An idiot who was drunk, trespassed and then did a runner...

Its just stupid behavior...    and yes, people can do dumb shyite while high as they can while drunk...  being overly defensive of the weed side of things seems to highlight that someone may be a little 'too into it'.... 

... Perhaps I should argue from that perspective too, as I most certainly do not want Marijuana to be made illegal again, I enjoy the drug and take it from time to time...  just as I enjoy beer, wine, Whisky etc

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

Bloke is positively drowning in ganja  😂   Even the cops look stoned. So much for the weed champs saying pot's harmless...

"...........a 28 year old British national who was wanted for trespassing and overstaying his visa in Thailand."

Wow! They've caught a master criminal - I can sleep a little bit safer in my bed tonight!

This is fitting I just read last week all the comments about an Aussie that got into to trouble and all the crap remarks the Brits here made well come on guys this is one of your own what no comeback,, wasted pommie useless turd from England to wasted to have any brain cells left,, well at least this idiot dint rock up to immigration with a bag of coke in his passport leke the last pom did

What is up with my fellow Brits and these bloody Man bags? I’m in my 50’s so prob don’t get the “fashion” aspect but even I know you are either using ,selling or at the least involved in the trade when wearing a Manlet bag and no that wasn’t a spelling mistake . 

Edited by goldenbrwn1

5 minutes ago, Ironmike said:

This is fitting I just read last week all the comments about an Aussie that got into to trouble and all the crap remarks the Brits here made well come on guys this is one of your own what no comeback,, wasted pommie useless turd from England to wasted to have any brain cells left,, well at least this idiot dint rock up to immigration with a bag of coke in his passport leke the last pom did

Bag of worms... it appears he may be half Thai... 

But... Any idiot Brit commenting on a generalisation against Aussies, is just as dumb as any idiot Aussie you are inciting to comment here based on national bigotry... 

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Do they, really ???

I mean, is there really a media bias against Marijuana ???

I see some articles that clearly paint Marijuana in a negative light, but that does not appear to be general media consensus....    

I think Alcohol is quite rightly more often painted in a negative light than Marijuana ??

I am pro-Marijuana, I like it, I believe in its medicinal as well as recreational properties. 

I believe that just like alcohol, it should be full legalised ( to a certain degree ).

But what I also see is that whenever there is an article that paints Marijuana in a less than positive light there is a reaction on this forum from a 'pro-Marijuana' prospect that is 'over-reactive' in defence....     

... Marijuana can mess people up...  thats ok..  thats the fault of the user not the drug. 

Just like alcohol, when people get drunk and make idiots of themselves, its the fault of the user not the drug.

I think we can accept this headline as a fact rather than an inflammatory trigger... 

An idiot who was high, trespassed and then did a runner...   the article could equally have read...

An idiot who was drunk, trespassed and then did a runner...

Its just stupid behavior...    and yes, people can do dumb shyite while high as they can while drunk...  being overly defensive of the weed side of things seems to highlight that someone may be a little 'too into it'.... 

... Perhaps I should argue from that perspective too, as I most certainly do not want Marijuana to be made illegal again, I enjoy the drug and take it from time to time...  just as I enjoy beer, wine, Whisky etc

Nope. Your little " pot" rant is wrong. The article is titled incorrectly. Get over it. 

Just now, alex8912 said:

Nope. Your little " pot" rant is wrong. The article is titled incorrectly. Get over it. 

The title is a fact, nothing incorrect about it at all...  You'll need to get over that....

'Cannabis-Intoxicated British Man Arrested for Trespassing and Overstay'

Unless you are suggesting the guy was not under the influence or Marijuana and the article is an outright lie...  is that what you are suggesting ????

If he were drunk it would have been...

'Drunk British Man Arrested for Trespassing and Overstay'

And... how can it be a 'pot rant' - I'm supportive of Marijuana, I've mentioned that clearly enough...

I think you may be so 'dug in' you are not able to view the posts in balance. 

...  the title can be taken as a 'factoid' someone trespassed and did a runner while high on Marijuana'...  no big deal...  its likely the guy would behave like an idiot if not high... or if drunk etc.

Idiot's will do idiotic things....   

1 hour ago, Spock said:

media = the main means of mass communication (broadcasting, publishing, and the internet) 

Why is it hard to call it that? Surely that is exactly what it is?