Drunk Crashes Into Motorcycle, Killing Two 14-Year-Old Girls in Tragic Wrong-Way Collision

Georgealbert

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

The fact that the only responses you have got is laughing emojis shows how ignorant so many Expats are about how things work in Thailand. You are correct -

Thank you.  I wouldn't expect anything else from those ignorant, Thai-bashing posters which is why I don't follow, nor care about any fatuous emoji "opinions"!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, BangkokReady said:
18 hours ago, MalcolmB said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The position of the pickup in the photo is likely irrelevant, it could well have been parked there at the side of the road after, and away from, the impact, not to mention the results of kinetic energy -  vehicles rarely stop dead, pointing the same way as before the impact, after an impact at speed.

Expand   Expand  

Ok then, we will ignore what the report actually said and the photographic evidence because you want to argue as usual.

Expand  

Two trolls trolling each other. 😵‍💫

Three...don't forget yourself.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thank you.  I wouldn't expect anything else from those ignorant, Thai-bashing posters which is why I don't follow, nor care about any fatuous emoji "opinions"!

Thumbs up anyway 😁

But if you want to see Thai bashing at its extreme, read the comments under any similar story in that publication that has a name involving KhrunThep and the mail service. Unbelievable - like so many on here - I often wonder why they live here  - but I think most of them do not and are only sexpat visitors, and the rest thought they could 'convert' a bar girl and failed badly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Thumbs up anyway 😁

But if you want to see Thai bashing at its extreme, read the comments under any similar story in that publication that has a name involving KhrunThep and the mail service. Unbelievable - like so many on here - I often wonder why they live here  - but I think most of them do not and are only sexpat visitors, and the rest thought they could 'convert' a bar girl and failed badly. 

Many of those foul, idiotic Bangkok Post commentators grace AN with their delightful presence, also!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Many of those foul, idiotic Bangkok Post commentators grace AN with their delightful presence, also!

Yes indeed - I sometimes read them on the bog for a laugh.

I thought Bangkok Post was 'banned' here - perhaps it is linking to their stories - my bad.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Presnock said:

And if I am not mistaken, motorcyclists are not required to have insurance so the police normally just charge any other vehicle that hits the motorcycle.

You certainly ARE mistaken. 3rd party Por a Bor is mandatory.

49 minutes ago, theblether said:

5am in Thailand. 

Tell me how you would use public transport. 

Not taxis. Public transport to get home. 

Some of you need to wake up 

14 year old girls going home at 5am. Don't post silly stuff.

50 minutes ago, theblether said:

5am in Thailand. 

Tell me how you would use public transport. 

Not taxis. Public transport to get home. 

Some of you need to wake up 

Firstly, what were two 14 year old girls doing out at that time?? Maybe making some income for their parents 🤔 

Secondly,  taxis are easy to get in Thailand and always have been affordable. Easier than ever now with apps, such as Grab and Bolt. 

Thirdly, risking your life - or your child's life - for convenience is not worth it.

Those poor girls should never have been in that situation. 

On 10/6/2024 at 4:24 AM, MalcolmB said:

Not at all. 
The accident was not caused by the girls, they could have been 40 years old and they still would have been ploughed down by the speeding driver going the wrong way.

It could have been you, it could have been me. 

Many 14 year old girls are sensible and responsible, unlike the speeding 66 year old Brit who killed himself on the bike in Pattaya last night.

Are you going to blame his parents?

The 18 yr old tried to warn the girls, of the car coming the wrong way. Maybe if they were of age or a bit more road savy, they would of been aware of it too.

They're parents and being too young is also a contributing factor unfortunately