Bangkok Bank not Recieved Funds From Wise.

I have transferred funds from my UK bank to Wise who have transferred to my Bangkok bank account, this was yesterday 7th Oct, but my Bangkok Bank has not recieved them.

TI went to my Bangkok Bank today and they told me to come back on Friday. this is the first time in all my years with Wise this has ever happened. Do I have anything to worry about?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I have transferred funds from my UK bank to Wise who have transferred to my Bangkok bank account, this was yesterday 7th Oct, but my Bangkok Bank has not recieved them.

TI went to my Bangkok Bank today and they told me to come back on Friday. this is the first time in all my years with Wise this has ever happened. Do I have anything to worry about?

Even if you have nothing to worry about....you're still going to worry.....I would.

I just made a transfer in the UK bank to bank and the bar-stewards took four days to make the transfer.

I'm sure holding money on account during transfers must be a nice little earner for them.

Worst I had with Wise to Thailand (Bangkok Bank was four days)

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Did you send as monthly expenses or as long-term stay funds?

Monthly expenses show up in BKK Bank account in seconds, while long stay funds typically show up the next day between 1-2pm.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Initiated a Long Term Bht 35000 transfer from UK to Bkk Bank yesterday morning at 6am our time.

Arrived, as usual, at 14.02 the same day, as an International Transfer. 

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Monthly expenses show up in BKK Bank account in seconds, while long stay funds typically show up the next day between 1-2pm.

Anything other than Long Stay or Property purchase are usually instant unless over a certain limit, of which I do not know. Did a couple of 20k & 30k last week = Instant.

3 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

I put something different every time......no idea if that is clever, stupid or makes no difference to anything.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Monthly expenses. The funds has been taken from my UK bank account. Wise have told me the funds have went to Bangkok bank.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

My experience using "monthly expenses" is identical

Lands seconds later as always (19 out of last 20) the odd one was 2 hours

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Chivas said:

My experience using "monthly expenses" is identical

Lands seconds later as always (19 out of last 20) the odd one was 2 hours

Do they send it quickly cos they think you need to buy Tampax for the Mrs?   555

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Do they send it quickly cos they think you need to buy Tampax for the Mrs?   555

Try and stay on topic fella I know its hard for you

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wonder whether it is better to convert your GBP (or USD) into THB first and then send THB to THB. That's how I do it with never any problems, and you can convert when the rate looks a little better.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Anything other than Long Stay or Property purchase are usually instant unless over a certain limit, of which I do not know. Did a couple of 20k & 30k last week = Instant.

I have had instant transfers for years without any problems, but  not any more it seems.

I use to transfer from my foreign account to my wise account because i use the wise atmcard in Thailand.Takes 5 second.After i take out what i need and then leave my ATM cards in the safe with my phone.I had an account in Bangkok bank before but i closed it years ago.

8 minutes ago, norsurin said:

I use to transfer from my foreign account to my wise account because i use the wise atmcard in Thailand.Takes 5 second.After i take out what i need and then leave my ATM cards in the safe with my phone.I had an account in Bangkok bank before but i closed it years ago.

If you'd have kept the Bkk Bank account, you would be able to transfer Wise to Bkk and not pay Bht 220 every time you use Wise ATM card.

Last transfer to Bangkok Bank was Nov 1 early morning.

Arrived in the afternoon same day.

In four years or do there were not more than 2 anomalies/delay.

I transfer Euro from the WISE account.

Transferring from German bank to WISE is a different story.

Friday to Monday...

At least one working day.

Have you seen when the money arrived at WISE?

Edited by KhunBENQ

9 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

If you'd have kept the Bkk Bank account, you would be able to transfer Wise to Bkk and not pay Bht 220 every time you use Wise ATM card.

I know that Anyway i choose this method.I take out cash that i expect to use the next 2 weeks.

Maybe i will open a new account in Thailand but this time i dont need that.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

In the last few days things have been pretty slow. I cancelled my transfer, tried again and it went through quickly.

• Like 1

A slight change in topic here. Will I be able to get funds transfers to Wise from my UK bank if I change from my Bangkok bank and recieve the funds to my Krungthai bank account instead, or will I just get a lot of hassle? 

31 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

A slight change in topic here. Will I be able to get funds transfers to Wise from my UK bank if I change from my Bangkok bank and recieve the funds to my Krungthai bank account instead, or will I just get a lot of hassle? 

No problem, no hassle.

Just add another recipient on Wise.

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I put something different every time......no idea if that is clever, stupid or makes no difference to anything.

transfer almost weekly and run through the list of options with the exeption of funds for long term stay.  Never had an issue.

57 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

why are you making a headache for yourself  ?    can't you just wait one or two more days at the most  .....