Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

webfact

I haven't been in Phuket area since 2003..it was ok that time.

I have no plan to go back.I prefer Bangkok and hua-hin.

When i read about russians and other foreigners only mske problems in Phuket im not really shocked.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It doesn’t say where this particular company is operating illegally? Surely that is the important point. 
As a counter to this sort of article my Thai wife worked in the UK for 5 years. She took a job from the “locals” but why is this an issue? Perhaps Thailand needs to work out that question first before they get outraged and work out why it’s an issue?

• Agree 2

Sad this is what you get… 

the earlier residents migrating to Thailand are all into spending money in Thailand .. but when you open up borders n prostitute yourself to all people .. then you will get the worker class migrating into Thailand to earn money within your land and take advantage of all your resources from healthcare to childcare to transport n you will end up sponsoring a lot of social spendings to cater to this second group of people coming into your country …inflating all prices for your population..this will be what open migration does. Social spending to cater to large number of residents who will tax all your current resources … look at Singapore whose population grew from 4m to now 6m and all social structure is teetering on over use n breakdowns …,So it’s a penny wise pound foolish policy. Short term gains but long term pain … 

Edited by NemoH

Interesting tmigration dilemma for Thailand or any location.    Look at the US uproar. 

One one hand I can see tourism  spend $ rising because they found a friendly, professional who could explain everything and make the sell in their native language.  

Competition would raise service.   If I was super rich and lived a fancy life I would sign up for changes or things overlooked that make my life better. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Commenters voiced their concerns, some describing Phuket as a “lawless land” and pointing out that this issue has persisted for a long time. Others noted the growing presence of foreign operators in popular areas like Kata and Karon and questioned why authorities haven’t intervened.

Yes, probably Russian or Ukrainian. They are above the law because they have a lot of money to bribe the local authorities. As well as Chinese mafia in Phuket, including Singapore mafia.

Stricter visa rules are necessary!

Stop Visa Free Entry for Citizens of Russia, Kazakhsatan, China, etc.jpg

The solution is so simple and why they can’t figure it out so perplexing.

Take a big bus, start rounding them all up, put them in a deportation center and when they’ve got a plane full, which should take about 30 minutes, have a huge photo opp in typical Thai style and deport them. 

Rinse and repeat a few times and others should get the hint . 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Commenters voiced their concerns, some describing Phuket as a “lawless land” and pointing out that this issue has persisted for a long time.

"This issue", could be the issue of Phuket having been a "lawless land" for a long time. I know a Thai woman, now a Colonel in the army, who, some years ago, dated the son of the Mayor of Phuket. She left him due to how uneasy she felt with the level of lawlessness involving his family and Phuket. She didn't feel safe at all with the knowledge and experiences she found herself surrounded by. Some of the stories I heard are truly mind-numbing. That place has been the epitome of lawlessness for a VERY long time. It isn't anytime soon about to become the world-class family resort area that Pattaya is so renowned for! 😇

If the business is legal and the foreigners selling the tours have work permits then they are doing nothing illegal. No different to to the many foreign owned dive shops that have been operating for years.

Many Russians prefer to deal in their own language 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 818Pilot said:

The solution is so simple and why they can’t figure it out so perplexing.

Take a big bus, start rounding them all up, put them in a deportation center and when they’ve got a plane full, which should take about 30 minutes, have a huge photo opp in typical Thai style and deport them. 

Rinse and repeat a few times and others should get the hint . 

And build a wall and get Mexica to pay for it.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1