Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

Georgealbert

Surely the Thai cops have more important things to worry about than a bunch of guys playing cards. How many Police Colonels were included in the raid? Why haven't we seen the usual photos of the heroic Police officers who carried out such a dangerous mission?

21 hours ago, simon43 said:

More likely the locals are sick of foreigners flouting the law......

There's not bigger fish to fry than a few people playing cards?

Bus LPG violations would be considered more important, no?

Thailand is full of grasses - lower than a snakes belly.....

I get the laws and as guests in the country we should be abiding them, I was in the process of sorting out a game with my expat friends a couple of months ago, at the last minute a few of them cancelled, probably saved us an arrest!!!!

Any western person probably thinks it is crazy (and it is) that a group of people are not allowed to play cards for what is probably a small amount of money as a social thing, it doesn't look like they have signs outside saying "Bobs poker joint"

At least the cops can't complain about this bit below, personally I think it is helping the economy and giving work to Thais!

21 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

alongside one dealer and a housemaid who was serving food at the time of the raid

If anyone sees any cheap gambling "paraphernalia" about please feel free to PM me the "confiscators" must be after a bob or two for that stuff looks like a nice table!

21 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The dealer, a Thai national, was also taken into custody. All suspects, along with the confiscated items

5 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

What nonesense. They were gambling. It’s illegal. Police have the rights to raid. 

Where did I say they did not have the right to raid?

Where did I say that gambling is not illegal?

What I said, was that they must understand, there is nothing illegal with using your money for entertainment as long as it´s not hurting anybody physically. However, they don´t!