Is this a scam at Phuket arrivals?

kwilco

Just now, kwilco said:

or just bare-faced?

Price and service offered is clearly stated, so not a scam..It's easy really if you don't like it, don't pay it, or better still don't even come here...feck me...5 minutes of the plane and Johnny foreigner is trying to dictate the rules... unbelievable 

It's not out of character....

Recent corruption scandals involving the Thai police and immigration authorities have been making headlines, particularly regarding their involvement with Chinese criminal syndicates and other illegal activities. One case involves over 80 immigration police officers, including three generals, who were accused of facilitating the entry and stay of about 5,000 Chinese nationals,. It seems many were tied to criminal activities e.g.  triad operations.

The officers were allegedly issuing illegal visas in exchange for bribes, enabling the Chinese nationals to engage in illegal businesses in Thailand, particularly in the Northeast and North regions. The scheme has been linked to criminal kingpins like Chaiyanat "Tuhao" Kornchayanant, a Chinese businessman who became a Thai citizen and was later arrested

Scandals have led to a major crisis of confidence in  Police and Immigration. Investigations are continuing as ever,the involvement of senior officials suggests the scale of  corruption and the challenge of reforming the authorites.

42 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I doubt whether a few more immigration officers servicing the 300 Baht payers would make so much difference that there no queues anymore

It won't , but "a few more " makes it a futile exercise and hardly a "win- win " then, as you state .

27 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Price and service offered is clearly stated, so not a scam..It's easy really if you don't like it, don't pay it, or better still don't even come here...feck me...5 minutes of the plane and Johnny foreigner is trying to dictate the rules... unbelievable 

you are just posting jibberish and false assumptions - I think you are trying to cover your ignorance with cynicism and false assumptions,,,,but not very well

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That would depend on how many people take up the offer , hire as many new I.O as required 

A dozen or so gates at immigration - if you take an officer or 2 off that the queue are 10% longer.

I think it's more likely they are doing during a break or off duty.

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

you are just posting jibberish and false assumptions - I think you are trying to cover your ignorance with cynicism and false assumptions,,,,but not very well

I bet you're great fun at parties telling everyone how great Tucson or Dallas is in the US...try travelling a bit more, you may understand to learn from and treat other people's cultures with a bit more respect, just a heads up

11 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

“fast track” service for 200 baht each. They paid and saved about 45 minutes in line. They weren’t sure why they were singled out for the "service", but I suspect their appearance suggested they could afford it.

How does someone look like who can afford 200B?

I want to make sure I dress correctly next time I come to Phuket.

weird-and-dumb-fashion-show-outfits-v0-y

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

I bet you're great fun at parties telling everyone how great Tucson or Dallas is in the US...try travelling a bit more, you may understand to learn from and treat other people's cultures with a bit more respect, just a heads up

A hallmark of someone with nothing to say is "I bet you're great fun at parties " - 

How are you now trying to connect my travelling (about which you know nothing) or my behaviour at parties with the topic in hand. You are just showing everyone how daft you are.

I suspect you are the kind of drunk that goes to parties and doesn't understand what anyone is saying - so you just laugh in the wrong places and everyone stares -