Short changed: Bolt rider stunned by unexpected 2 baht fare

snoop1130

bolt.png

A Bolt rider received a surprising fare of only 2 baht from a customer, leaving both parties bewildered. The incident occurred recently when a Facebook user shared their experience in the Facebook group Bolt Drivers Thailand.

The post revealed that the fare displayed on the app was indeed 2 baht, causing the rider to feel awkward when asked about the fare. The rider shared in his post that he accepted the fare to not upset his customer.

“After completing the ride, the customer asked how much it was. I didn’t know how to respond, feeling quite embarrassed. So, I pointed to the fare displayed on the phone. The customer was willing to pay, and I accepted. I didn’t want to refuse and upset them. #RiderLife #DriversExploitedByCompanyForever!”

The post included screenshots showing the fare of 2 baht, with an additional note from Bolt indicating that the company would compensate the rider with an extra 50 baht, bringing the total fare to 52 baht. Another image showed the payment of two baht made by the customer.

The post quickly garnered numerous comments. Many expressed sympathy for the rider’s situation, highlighting the challenges faced by drivers with such low fares. However, some argued that since the company compensated the rider, they were not actually losing out, as they still received the total fare.

The situation sheds light on the ongoing debate about the fairness of compensation for ride-hailing drivers. While some customers benefit from promotional fares, drivers often find themselves caught in a system where their earnings might not reflect the effort and costs involved in providing the service.

By Ryan Turner

Image courtesy of the Bolt Rider, Ruslän Fäteehah

Source: The Thaiger

-- 2024-10-14

news-footer-3.png

image.png

No indication of what distance was covered but if the customer just paid the two baht and ran then shame on him/her !

I have been in a BKK taxi that was randomly shaken down by the RTP who had no inkling the passenger was a foreigner.

I paid my eventual fare plus the 100 bht extra to a very grateful driver.

2 bht would barely cover fuel costs for 100 meters.

Be no surprise this "news" is an attempt to shame the Bolt system using a glitch or a contrived scenario.

50 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

No indication of what distance was covered but if the customer just paid the two baht and ran then shame on him/her !

I have been in a BKK taxi that was randomly shaken down by the RTP who had no inkling the passenger was a foreigner.

Be no surprise this "news" is an attempt to shame the Bolt system using a glitch or a contrived scenario.

You did read the whole article?

31 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That is what this story is about , the fare was a promotional fare with a 50 Baht discount for first time users and the real fare was 52 Baht

Its look fine, but maybe the application dont show to the driver what he will really get.
But since i have learn that its common with food delivery for cash to make the drivers pay if the customer not honor is command...  i would not even be surprised to learn that the company promotion is passed down at the expense of the driver.

Complete misinformation and typical Thai drama. The customer user his points or discount codes, which would result in sometimes nothing or a tiny amount to pay yourself. Most do this automatic and by card, in this case it was cash. An entire news story about absolutely nothing.

1 hour ago, 0ffshore360 said:

The customer paid the amount qouted on the app.

whats the issue ?