Trumps Misinformation and Conspiracy Theories Fuel Threats Against FEMA in North Carolina

Social Media

29 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

High-dose ivermectin for early treatment of COVID-19 (COVER study): a randomised, double-blind, multicentre, phase II, dose-finding, proof-of-concept clinical trial

https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC8734085/

A five-day course of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 may reduce the duration of illness

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)32506-6/fulltext

Gag! You did not even read them! 😀

Here's the conclusion of the first article. I did not waste my time further by reading the second one (from Bangkadesh).

'In conclusion, we did not demonstrate a significant reduction in viral load between ivermectin and placebo, although a trend for the highest dose is apparent. Whether this drug might have clinical efficacy at lower doses remains debated. We believe that our findings further support the WHO recommendation suggesting that it is currently advisable to refrain from administrating ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 outside of clinical trials."  😀

Edited by candide

36 minutes ago, candide said:

Gag! You did not even read them! 😀

Here's the conclusion of the first article. I did not waste my time further by reading the second one (from Bangkadesh).

'In conclusion, we did not demonstrate a significant reduction in viral load between ivermectin and placebo, although a trend for the highest dose is apparent. Whether this drug might have clinical efficacy at lower doses remains debated. We believe that our findings further support the WHO recommendation suggesting that it is currently advisable to refrain from administrating ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 outside of clinical trials."  😀

although a trend for the highest dose is apparent.

"I did not waste my time further by reading the second one (from Bangkadesh)."

Well there you go. Shows how you come to conclusions. Had you done so you would have seen this...

"Although the study sample was too small (n = 72) to draw any solid conclusions, the results provide evidence of the potential benefit of early intervention with the drug ivermectin for the treatment of adult patients diagnosed with mild COVID-19. First, early intervention promoted faster viral clearance during disease onset, which might have prevented significant immune system involvement and hastened the recovery. Secondly, early intervention reduced the viral load faster, thus may help block disease transmission in the general population. A larger randomized controlled clinical trial of ivermectin treatment appears to be warranted to validate these important findings."

Of course big pharma came in cited studies that used Ivermectin too late into the infection where it's ineffective and the rest is history. Even mentioning Ivermectin got people demonized, demonetized (YT) and censored on social media platforms. No money in Ivermectin. No billions of dollars to be made.

Edited by dinsdale

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

although a trend for the highest dose is apparent.

"I did not waste my time further by reading the second one (from Bangkadesh)."

Well there you go. Shows how you come to conclusions. Had you done so you would have seen this...

"Although the study sample was too small (n = 72) to draw any solid conclusions, the results provide evidence of the potential benefit of early intervention with the drug ivermectin for the treatment of adult patients diagnosed with mild COVID-19. First, early intervention promoted faster viral clearance during disease onset, which might have prevented significant immune system involvement and hastened the recovery. Secondly, early intervention reduced the viral load faster, thus may help block disease transmission in the general population. A larger randomized controlled clinical trial of ivermectin treatment appears to be warranted to validate these important findings."

Of course big pharma came in cited studies that used Ivermectin too late into the infection where it's ineffective and the rest is history. Even mentioning Ivermectin got people demonized, demonetized (YT) and censored on social media platforms. No money in Ivermectin. No billions of dollars to be made.

So you cited a study which concluded there was no significant effect compared to a placebo, and a single study from Bengladesh mentioning the sample was too small to draw solid conclusion.(study financed by Beximco Pharmaceutical, which BTW produces an Ivermectin generic called Ivera)

Then you evoke a conspiracy theory, as usual, to discredit a meta analysis of several studies screened by the authors. Oh, and you also claim these selected studies used Ivermectin too late, without having read these studies so you have no way to have known whether they used it late or not.

How to say....