So I employed a Thai plumber ...

Crossy

4 hours ago, recom273 said:

Just for the record, as one is here fitting out my bathrooms and tank room. The non-existent plumber is a bit of a myth. 

I was really referring to our local area. The BIL is a licenced electrician so knows all of the people who work in trades around here. He cannot recommend anyone who is a trained plumber so we have to put up with the handyman.

I'm 67 but still do everything myself. I can still get in tight spaces but it can get hot so only wear my boxers and have a fan behind me cooling me down.

Fitted a new lavatory for the first time a few months ago. Pretty easy and was glad I saved the money on a ' plumber '

• Like 1

I'm a qualified plumber with over 50 years experience. I worked on all types of plumbing work including housing, construction sites and even war ship construction. I had no tools with me at the time so I got a job done by a Thai "chancer." Never again after the stuff ups I had to fix.

2 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

I was really referring to our local area. The BIL is a licenced electrician so knows all of the people who work in trades around here. He cannot recommend anyone who is a trained plumber so we have to put up with the handyman.

I didn’t read that .. but anyway, It’s not the first time I have heard that there are no plumbers in Thailand, hopefully if someone is building a place then they will ignore their contractors claims and search one out. 

2 hours ago, Denim said:

I'm 67 but still do everything myself. I can still get in tight spaces but it can get hot so only wear my boxers and have a fan behind me cooling me down.

Fitted a new lavatory for the first time a few months ago. Pretty easy and was glad I saved the money on a ' plumber '

You were lucky the lavatory outlet was at the correct distance from the wall 300-305mm. Our handyman replaced two old bowls and the outlets were at the wrong distance so he had to butcher the old outlet and do a makeshift connection.

67 yo was a long time ago.