Yellow book USA citizen

Hello 

I am a USA citizen trying to get a yellow house book in Sattihip District Chonburi Province.  

Would someone who has been through the process help me understand in English what I need to do please ?

I have uploaded the written requirements in Thai language. The Chonburi Sattihip office does not have an English speaking officer that can help me and my family understand where to go or what to do. 

Thank you 

image.jpg

Edited by Wake Up1

You do not need a marriage certificate, however, we needed to take the village leader, owner and the in-laws to witness that I lived there. It is a registration of you as a long term resident, not an owner or spouse. Spousal registration is a different tangle of paperwork.

They are not going to do anything in English for you, you will need to obtain a translator.

No idea what an Immigration Book is. I don't have one.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

You do not need a marriage certificate, however, we needed to take the village leader, owner and the in-laws to witness that I lived there. It is a registration of you as a long term resident, not an owner or spouse. Spousal registration is a different tangle of paperwork.

They are not going to do anything in English for you, you will need to obtain a translator.

No idea what an Immigration Book is. I don't have one.

Thank you for your help. Where did you get your passport translated into Thai and did you have a separate paper for translating your parents names into Thai ? 

16 minutes ago, Wake Up1 said:

Thank you for your help. Where did you get your passport translated into Thai and did you have a separate paper for translating your parents names into Thai ? 

I submitted my birth certificate as well as the passport.

http://www.pasa24.com/ They can translate scans online.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got our yellow housebook and pink cards in June of this year. Used a solicitor, who went with us to Tessabaan and amphora. Total cost, 7000 bhat,( total for me and my european wife). No hassle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Evidence of adding a foreigner's name (Tor.13)

1. Original marriage certificate or family record, with 1 set of copies 1

2. Passport translated into Thai, with translation of parents' names

3. Immigration book, Tel. 038-252750-4

4. 5 1-inch photos, taken within the last 3 months

5. Witnesses, head of household, ID card + house registration, original, with copies

6. Persons who know the person who added the name, ID card + house registration, 1 set of copies

Tel. 087-7414759 (Yui) 087-9514204 Thaniam

All of your points I didn't need any of them only the last one. I'm not married never have been married and I got a yellow book. You don't need anything translated and what the hell is an immigration book. Delete your message cuz it's inadequate and not false information

You need a valid visa and you need the person that owns the house or evidence that you're staying in the house and you need to go into the local registry office and get it done you do not need to be married you don't need to show him anything of that just your passport and house book

1 minute ago, arick said:

All of your points I didn't need any of them only the last one. I'm not married never have been married and I got a yellow book. You don't need anything translated and what the hell is an immigration book. Delete your message cuz it's inadequate and not false information

They are not my points they are Chonburi Sattahip offices.  Take it up with them. (phone number is there)

• Agree 1

I needed to show a Non O visa in my passport, valid for 1 year or extension thereof for 1 year.

I took my wife and the village headman as a guarantor that I was resident in the village.

Can't remember how much I paid but it was peanuts and along time ago, 14 years, I gave the headman 500 baht for his time.

A painless procedure, subsequently I obtained my driving license and pink ID card.

An American in the next village followed the same procedure.

Edited by Andycoops
Added info

32 minutes ago, arick said:

As we all know, TIT, and every land office fiefdom follows a unique set of rules.  We contacted our office for their requirements.

OUR fiefdom's requirements:  My wife had her freshly-minted blue book and ID, I had my passport with non-O visa and TM-30 address registration.  I also had the MFA legalized translation of my US embassy notarized passport - leftover from getting the marriage certificate.  No witnesses or village headperson, no birf' certificate, no parents' translated names.

Time and cost: 

Blue book for the wife:  one hour, 30 baht.

Yellow book for hansum man:  20 minutes, free.

Pink ID:  20 minutes, 60 baht.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arick said:

You need a valid visa and you need the person that owns the house or evidence that you're staying in the house and you need to go into the local registry office and get it done you do not need to be married you don't need to show him anything of that just your passport and house book

That sounds nice but Sattihip requires more including having my passport transcribed into Thai language and my parents USA names translated into Thai language among other requirements. 

2 hours ago, arick said:

All of the above is required by Sattihip. That is why I need advice from someone in Sattihip that has done Thai process if possible.