Illegal to change lanes on a bridge?

BadCash

Technically speaking a bike always need to stay on the left lane, with bridge especially, it is a common trap in Bangkok for checkpoints. In fact that is how I got my first fine 12 years ago.

They do this on purpose though as you have no option but to arrive at the middle or right lanes when you come down from the bridge, which is faster than going straight with a traffic light, and that's where they will be waiting for the bikers.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

On 10/20/2024 at 11:29 AM, CallumWK said:
On 10/20/2024 at 11:17 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

I know how to avoid a ticket or a "fine".

Obviously you don't.

On 10/19/2024 at 8:30 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

I have had to pay a legitimate fine at a police station.

Obviously, you do not recognise the difference between a legitimate traffic fine that I have paid and a "fine"- note the inverted commas in my comments, they have a meaning.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/19/2024 at 8:07 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

"...cops in Bkk will try every trick in the book..."

On the other hand they won't, I've lived in Bangkok since 1994 and been driving here since day one, I have never had to pay a single "fine" of the type you suggest.

You must live under a rock then, they are everywhere daily doing that, mainly to milk locals for 100-200 baht. Daily areas are between Asoke and Rama 3 as well as the road between Chong Nonsi and Rama 3, just to give one example, are like 4-5 spots there alone.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:
On 10/19/2024 at 8:07 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

"...cops in Bkk will try every trick in the book..."

On the other hand they won't, I've lived in Bangkok since 1994 and been driving here since day one, I have never had to pay a single "fine" of the type you suggest.

You must live under a rock then, they are everywhere daily doing that, mainly to milk locals for 100-200 baht. 

Because I have been able to avoid having to pay any illicit "fines" means that I "must be living under a rock"?   Thank you for that premium example of bizarre logic.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because I have been able to avoid having to pay any illicit "fines" means that I "must be living under a rock"?   Thank you for that premium example of bizarre logic.

Seems you know and do better than all these locals who pay on the spot then, or you just like to pay more than is needed? Lol. Yes under a rock for sure, you lived here almost as long as I am alive and seem to be completely unaware or ignorant about it.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:
8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Seems you know and do better than all these locals who pay on the spot then, or you just like to pay more than is needed? Lol. Yes under a rock for sure, you lived here almost as long as I am alive and seem to be completely unaware or ignorant about it.

Seems that I do know how to avoid them, yes, yet you seem to be sneering at that.  Very strange attitude.

By the way, even if I was "paying more" (I'm not) that would not be avoiding those "fines", it would be paying them!  Nothing that I have posted suggests that I am "completely unaware or ignorant about" the tradition, if I were, I wouldn't be able to recount my experiences, would I?.