Australian Tourist Crashes Pickup Truck into Pattaya Drugstore

webfact

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Maybe you can elucidate a little on this post with alcohol being itself a drug or is your comment a tongue in cheek attempt?

Hmm.

Let me just say that if the drunk Aussie had crashed into a petrol station, I'd have posted

Drinking gives you gas. 

Get it yet?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/21/2024 at 10:14 AM, steven100 said:

Drinking beer is not taking drugs ....   drinking beer at home or out with friends is socially acceptable and has been for a long time.  Taking drugs is not acceptable in any society.  

Didn't your parent's or schools teach you ?  .......  drugs are a no go   !!

by definition alcohol is a drug, full stop. Doesn't matter if socially accepted or for how long. "Taking drugs is not acceptable in any society" nonsense. Alcohol causes more harm than all the illegal "drugs" put together.

Caffeine is a drug. Nicotine is a drug.

My point is that those who think alcohol isn't a drug and imply somehow they are superior to those who might smoke pot, etc is delusional rationalizing

FWIW I don't drink alcohol or use pot, etc. The only drug I take is caffeine.

On 10/20/2024 at 12:41 PM, steven100 said:

no it doesn't .....   I drink everyday and I don't like drugs 

Alcohol is one of the most abused DRUGS in the world yet many people still don't think it is a DRUG.  It is and perhaps the worst drug ever as far as damages caused.

On 10/19/2024 at 7:46 AM, MalcolmB said:

Yep. If having a couple of beers before driving it is more important to follow every road rule and especially slow down.

Some people have a few, it goes to their head and they drive like idiots. 
Plenty of drink drivers in Pattaya, thankfully most of them drive sensibly.

Let's hear it for the "Sensible Drunk Driver Brigade"!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/19/2024 at 8:21 AM, MalcolmB said:

Getting over his hangover on the concrete floor, with limited access to water in a cell with a bunch of hyped up sexual perverts until Monday morning. 

His surname sounds Greek, he might be up for a bit of Greek style action.

It is a cultural thing.

So now all Greeks are gay? And everyone arrested here is somehow a hyped up sexual pervert? Does this come from personal experience or just assuming again?

On 10/21/2024 at 10:14 AM, steven100 said:

Taking drugs is not acceptable in any society.  

Actually in a growing number of  societies it actually  is acceptable , by all but a few like yourself

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

So now all Greeks are gay? And everyone arrested here is somehow a hyped up sexual pervert? Does this come from personal experience or just assuming again?

Most people are sexual perverts one way or the other, That average is increased among westerners in Thailand, and increased again amongst those who are arrested.   Its not rocket science for those of us in the "educated but with common sense community"

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, steven100 said:

I think anyone from the old school doesn't accept it ....  I would be sure at least 90% of old folk from my home town don't accept it and look down on anyone who is into drugs ( and rightly so ) 

It's just something that people don't like ....  they don't like drug addicts that's for sure,  and they don't like drunks, but that's just how it is. 

You'd be surprised how many old school people are drunks. Look at many of the old actors from the early Hollywood days. Drinking was acceptable and many did it, parties all the time, and died very young. And you would also be surprised just how many rich elitists are into drugs. Cocaine isn't cheap, especially if many of your party guests are doing it. There are quite a few drug "addicts" that are in high society and their friends haven't a clue about many of them. If you came from a small town, and the older generation was against drug users, and I'm sure they were, how many of them were heavy drinkers, which was accepted?

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I didn’t say all Greeks were gay?? Anal sex is a cultural thing for them, it isn’t considered gay. Google it.

Not personal experience, but from a friend who was locked up there over the weekend.

You need to get out more.

• Sad 1

Just now, Bday Prang said:

Most people are sexual perverts one way or the other, That average is increased among westerners in Thailand, and increased again amongst those who are arrested.   Its not rocket science for those of us in the "educated but with common sense community"

Being kinky and liking wild sex doesn't make people perverts. I would think most people aren't sexual perverts and just like sex. Perversion is a completely different mindset.

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

You'd be surprised how many old school people are drunks. Look at many of the old actors from the early Hollywood days. Drinking was acceptable and many did it, parties all the time, and died very young. And you would also be surprised just how many rich elitists are into drugs. Cocaine isn't cheap, especially if many of your party guests are doing it. There are quite a few drug "addicts" that are in high society and their friends haven't a clue about many of them. If you came from a small town, and the older generation was against drug users, and I'm sure they were, how many of them were heavy drinkers, which was accepted?

hmmm.....  yes, many Hollywood famous were heavy drinkers for sure,  and in my home town yes, the gents went to the pub everyday after work and had a few,  some were probably drunks but not many because they were workers, and as such had to get up next morning for work.  A drunk in my home town is usually someone who is a pest or lay about .... so their was only a couple of those,  but the older folk were daily drinkers ... 4-6 beers I would say, and more on the weekends. 

14 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Actually in a growing number of  societies it actually  is acceptable , by all but a few like yourself

disagree ...    it's frowned upon.  

folks don't like drug addicts. 

4 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I didn’t say all Greeks were gay?? Anal sex is a cultural thing for them, it isn’t considered gay. Google it.

Not personal experience, but from a friend who was locked up there over the weekend.

You need to get out more.

By getting out more, doers that man having anal sex with a man? That would make me gay. Anal sex has been practiced in all cultures, with gay couples and by a man and a woman.

42 minutes ago, Emdog said:

by definition alcohol is a drug, full stop. Doesn't matter if socially accepted or for how long. "Taking drugs is not acceptable in any society" nonsense. Alcohol causes more harm than all the illegal "drugs" put together.

Caffeine is a drug. Nicotine is a drug.

My point is that those who think alcohol isn't a drug and imply somehow they are superior to those who might smoke pot, etc is delusional rationalizing

FWIW I don't drink alcohol or use pot, etc. The only drug I take is caffeine.

Your definition may be correct ...   but that's irrelevant ...

But where I come from,  drug users are looked down upon and considered low.  

Folks who drank beer are not.  And that's the truth. 

Just now, steven100 said:

Your definition may be correct ...   but that's irrelevant ...

But where I come from,  drug users are looked down upon and considered low.  

Folks who drank beer are not.  And that's the truth. 

Which is because alcohol has been accepted for a long time, and casual or social drinking isn't the problem drug use is. Abusing alcohol makes it a problem and many do this, although it's still acceptable. Marijuana doesn't cause anywhere near the problems alcohol does, but it;s still looked down on for those who use it. Ignorance makes things look worse than they are, and vice versa. Millions use prescribed drugs, and die by the thousands every year. Totally accepted because it's doctors doing the prescribing.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Being kinky and liking wild sex doesn't make people perverts. I would think most people aren't sexual perverts and just like sex. Perversion is a completely different mindset.

Difference between kinky and pervert is the amount of lubrication required.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, steven100 said:

disagree ...    it's frowned upon.  

folks don't like drug addicts. 

And just like drinkers, not all are addicts.  Folks generally are not too keen on alcoholics