Thai Parties Dismiss Election Commission's Investigation into Thaksin

webfact

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Next thing they claim they never heard of him.

Thaksin who? 

It was a private home visit, nothing to do with government business... honest

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

It was a private home visit, nothing to do with government business... honest

That reminds me of those honest mistakes from decades ago with the rich maid and gardener who owned all the stocks... 

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Major Thai political parties have downplayed the Election Commission’s (EC) investigation into former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's alleged unlawful influence over the government.

One hand does not hit the other one ...

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaksin’s home is also the residence of his daughter, Paetongtarn Shinawatra, the current Prime Minister.

Where does she keep the children , must be close by because daddy told everyone that he should take care of them.

2 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

OK, but what about the one that owned all the clocks?

Obviously, that was also a shady character.

But what is worse, hiding the ownership of companies and many millions in stocks in the name of nominees or having lots of watches? The courts could have removed Thaksin when he just started, but somehow, they let him get away with his explanation that was an honorable mistake. Thai History would have been very different if the courts would have decided differently. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously, that was also a shady character.

But what is worse, hiding the ownership of companies and many millions in stocks in the name of nominees or having lots of watches? The courts could have removed Thaksin when he just started, but somehow, they let him get away with his explanation that was an honorable mistake. Thai History would have been very different if the courts would have decided differently. 

You think it was limited to a few watches? What about his participation in a coup? Should he and his fellow coup makers be punished for that?

PS. Of course, his pals cleared him of any wrongdoing.

Just now, Inderpland said:

You think it was limited to a few watches? What about his participation in a coup? Should he and his fellow coup makers be punished for that?

PS. Of course, his pals cleared him of any wrongdoing.

Why did the coups happen?

Thaksin, and later his clone, were very corrupt. The authorities didn't do their job.

As far as I see, under that condition the only way to remove him was with a coup. And exactly that is what happened. Nobody was really surprised that it happened.

Thaksin could have been honest, and he could have worked for Thais and Thailand, and he would probably still be PM, for 20 years or so, beloved by everybody. But he was/is too greedy. Thaksin first. The rest is history.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why did the coups happen?

Thaksin, and later his clone, were very corrupt. The authorities didn't do their job.

As far as I see, under that condition the only way to remove him was with a coup. And exactly that is what happened. Nobody was really surprised that it happened.

Thaksin could have been honest, and he could have worked for Thais and Thailand, and he would probably still be PM, for 20 years or so, beloved by everybody. But he was/is too greedy. Thaksin first. The rest is history.

So the coup generals just thought of what was best for Thailand and not what was best for their little 'band of robb brothers'?

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me of those honest mistakes from decades ago with the rich maid and gardener who owned all the stocks... 

They were very shrewd business people who like to live a quiet life.

20 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

So the coup generals just thought of what was best for Thailand and not what was best for their little 'band of robb brothers'?

I don't know what they thought about.

And I am pretty sure most decisions are based on many factors.

All in all, I think it was good that Thaksin was removed.

Did the generals do a good job running the country? No. Would Thailand now be better off if the coups would not have happened? I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1