Lisa Blackpink to Perform in Bangkok for Amazing Thailand Countdown 2025

webfact

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

A true Thai global superstar! 🥰😍

And if she can hang on to her current farang boyfriend she will be one the richest women in the world.

CEO of LVMH, the world's largest luxury goodscompany. Arnault is one of the richest individuals in the world, with an estimated net worth of US$199.7 billion as of September 2024, according to Forbes and US$208 billion according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

A true inspiration to all the other Issan girls.(Burirum)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Who is she?  I've never heard of her.

It is still uncertain whether global superstar Lalisa “Lisa” Manoban will be performing at the Amazing Thailand Countdown 2025 event in Bangkok, even though news reports yesterday quoted Tourism and Sports Minister Sorawong Thienthong as saying it was already confirmed.

https://x.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1848618060711911572

12 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Who is she?  I've never heard of her.

It is still uncertain whether global superstar Lalisa “Lisa” Manoban will be performing at the Amazing Thailand Countdown 2025 event in Bangkok, even though news reports yesterday quoted Tourism and Sports Minister Sorawong Thienthong as saying it was already confirmed.

https://x.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1848618060711911572

neither have i, but, frankly mate, we're hardly her target audience, so it's not that surprising is it? unless i've got you wrong and you are an avid listener to thai teenage pop music, and haven't heard of her, in which case you have a point. :coffee1:

24 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

In her small part of the world she is probably a super star. She may be good but no idea who she is.

In YOUR irrelevant small part of the world you are clearly clueless... 

Lisa from black pink is clearly a global superstar....       She's Thai Born, and clearly a relevant subject for a Thailand based forum, especially considering she will perform on NYE.

... And....   the metric for someone being a global superstar is not whether or not a handful of absolutely clueless boomers are aware of her existence or not...   all you old farts are highlighting by stating your ignorance is that you are 'old farts' who've failed to keep up to date... 

Lisa's song, 'Rockstar' reached Billboard No.1 (Excl. USA) and Billboard No.4 (within USA).

On the day of its Debut, her songs reached 32 Million Views within 24 hours...   

She also recently 'Headlined' Victorias Secret Fashion show, Cher also performed  (if you are not a complete hermit you may know of Cher, perhaps back when she was part of Sonny & Cher....   Their most famous song "I've got you babe".....  although you may prefer the lyric "I've got no clue babe" !!!  :guitar:

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

And if she can hang on to her current farang boyfriend she will be one the richest women in the world.

CEO of LVMH, the world's largest luxury goodscompany. Arnault is one of the richest individuals in the world, with an estimated net worth of US$199.7 billion as of September 2024, according to Forbes and US$208 billion according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

A true inspiration to all the other Issan girls.(Burirum)

I thought that Black Pink Lisa and GOT7 Bam Bam were an item.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

In YOUR irrelevant small part of the world you are clearly clueless... 

Lisa from black pink is clearly a global superstar....        and the metric for someone being a global superstar is not whether or not clueless boomer is aware of her existence or not... 

Her Song, 'Rockstar' reached Billboard No.1 (Excl. USA) and Billboard No.4 (within USA).

On the day of its Debut, her songs reached 32 Million Views within 24 hours...   

She also recently 'Headlined' Victorias Secret Fashion show, Cher also performed  (if you are not a complete hermit you may know of Cher, perhaps back when she was part of Sonny & Cher....   Their most famous song "I've got you babe".....  although you may prefer the lyric "I've got no clue babe" !!!  :guitar:

Indeed!

But has she ever been on Top Of The Pops. You ain't anyone til you have been there.

Cher was over-rated. But she was on TOTP.

It does not seem like Bangkok gets a lot of bands I like on tour. Stuff like Metallica, Ozzy (though he is retired now), Megadeth, Assemblage 23, Sisters of Mercy, anything metal really, or even industrial stuff... They seem to be mostly concentrated on Europe or the USA.

Edited by JimTripper

6 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

It does not seem like Bangkok gets a lot of bands I like on tour. Stuff like Metallica, Ozzy (though he is retired now), Megadeth, Assemblage 23, anything metal really... They seem to be mostly concentrated on Europe or the USA.

True... But many global superstars are still coming to Bangkok.

Recently, Cold Play, Ed Sheeran, Tom Jones, Bruno Mars...

Coming soon Dua Lipa, Imagine Dragons, 

... even oldies such as Micheal Learns to Rock

So Bangkok attracts a lot of 'global stars' and 'mega artists'....   BUT - some of the older forum members may not have heard of these artists or like them....   because, well, they are old and out of touch.

I don't think there is economic viability in some of the other well known artists in Touring Asia, and making a 'stop off' in Bangkok as there simply isn't the fan base... 

Mega death, Metallica, Europe, NIN etc - there are a lot of artists who are well know, but just wouldn't fill venues over here...  and a tour isn't quite worth it.

Edited by richard_smith237

My mates went to see Black Pink at the O2 a couple of years back. They just love their moves.

One of them (friend, not group member) was shouting so much he was hoarse at the end of the show. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

True... But many global superstars are still coming to Bangkok.

Recently, Cold Play, Ed Sheeran, Tom Jones, Bruno Mars...

Coming soon Dua Lipa, Imagine Dragons, 

... even oldies such as Micheal Learns to Rock

So Bangkok attracts a lot of 'global stars' and 'mega artists'....   BUT - some of the older forum members may not have heard of these artists or like them....   because, well, they are old and out of touch.

Many of the bands I like are getting too old to tour...

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

True Richard. But could these youngsters say they have ever heard music from the 'greats' of out time. The Partridge Family, PG Proby or more recently, the best of British; Russ Abbot.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Many of the bands I like are getting too old to tour...

Very true...  Friend saw Elton John...    (we were not in Thailand at the time) that was a real shame, I'd have loved to have seen him.

Any chance a major star comes through.....     its worth a visit - the atmosphere is always amazing.

We recently saw Bruno Mars - not my favourite concert, but Wife, Son and I had a great time... 

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:
9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

True Richard. But could these youngsters say they have ever heard music from the 'greats' of out time. The Partridge Family, PG Proby or more recently, the best of British; Russ Abbot.

Erm...   You mean the Global Mega Stars such as Russ Abbot, Partridge Family ???   :cheesy:

Nope...  its unlikely youngsters have heard of 'Dads Army' either...  :whistling:

I would always be worried about safety at these concerts.

Lisa is a big pull. Thousands would willingly get crushed to get close.

Thailand is not top of the pops in safety matters. Big death toll in BKK some years ago

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Very true...  Friend saw Elton John...    (we were not in Thailand at the time) that was a real shame, I'd have loved to have seen him.

Any chance a major star comes through.....     its worth a visit - the atmosphere is always amazing.

We recently saw Bruno Mars - not my favourite concert, but Wife, Son and I had a great time... 

For me, my musical tastes never really evolved and changed. I still like the stuff I grew up with and when that era passed I never moved on. Never even heard of Bruno Mars...

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Erm...   You mean the Global Mega Stars such as Russ Abbot, Partridge Family ???

(I like an) Atmosphere. Big world-wide hit for Russ.

David Cassidy and the Partridge Family always seemed to be on TV a few years back.

6 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

(I like an) Atmosphere. Big world-wide hit for Russ.

David Cassidy and the Partridge Family always seemed to be on TV a few years back.

Did either of them do any 'stage' (musical or theatrical tours) outside of their own country ?

That said...   the rest of the world clearly missed out when they failed to recognise 'Atmosphere' for the global sensation it clearly should have been !!! 

That said... Roy Chubby Browns cover of 'Living next door to Alice' perhaps had wider reach and certainly has greater longevity !!! 

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:
13 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Never even heard of Bruno Mars...

Nor me.

Your ignorance is understood... 

The pride you seem to take in your ignorance is strange though....  Almost as if your are of the delusional belief that if you haven't heard of these global mega stars, then they are not really worthy of their fame.... 

13 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I would always be worried about safety at these concerts.

Lisa is a big pull. Thousands would willingly get crushed to get close.

Thailand is not top of the pops in safety matters. Big death toll in BKK some years ago

They are not good about fire exits can capacity at indoor venues either. Other countries have strict regulations regarding capacity and exits that are enforced. I'm not sure Thailand cares much about that, but it would depend on the venue.