DTV in Vientiane - Success - My Story

Here's my detailed experience about my successfull DTV application in Vientiane.

I've made an appointment online on the official website of the Thailand Embassy of Vientiane. It took a few minutes only, and I was able to book an appointment on the 11th of October.

On the 11th of October, I brought with me all my documents and forms filled up in advance (I've got a printer at home which helps a lot, if you don't have one, there's a print shop in front of the Embassy on the other side of the street).

I arrived at the embassy 30 minutes before opening hours (roughly at 8.30 AM). There were only about 5 people in front of me. The place was very empty.

There's first of all, a young person sitting at a table outside who pre-checks all your documents. After that, he gives you a ticket and you need to proceed further to the actual counter where one person, quite thoroughly, re-check all your documents.

I chose the Workcation route as I work online as a Freelancer.

Here's what I provided :

- Complete filled form (you can download it here : https://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/page/visa-application-form?menu=65cae4d9733c85527866bb13

- Passport

- 2 Pictures

- Copy of my Passport's first page (with my signature)

- Copy of my latest entry stamp for Thailand (with my signature)

- Copy of my latest out of the country stamp from Thailand (with my signature)

- Copy of entry stamp into Laos (with my signature)

- Copy of my VISA for Laos (with my signature)

- Detailed CV

- Portfolio of past and current projects I work on.

- Motivation Letter addressed to the Embassy explaining what my job is all about, my past experience in the last 10 years, and why I'd like to be based in Thailand (I think they quite liked that)

- Two employment contracts (with company stamp) from my biggest clients which give me a regular income (seemed very important)

- Lease agreement in Thailand which runs till summer next year (seemed to be important to the employee there)

- Bank Statement (savings account) showing no less than 500K in the last 6 months. (The employee checked every single page and day balance) (Thai Bank Account)

- Bank Statement from another account (Outside of Thailand) showing regular income from various clients in the last 6 months (regular income included and matched the name of the companies I work with and which I have a contract for)

At some point, the employee at the counter asked me for a payslip (that I couldn't provide). I told him that I didn't have one but that he could check my proof of regular income on the second bank statement from the last 6 months, as the names of the companies providing the salary match with the contracts I provided. He said "Ok, I know" and asked me to pay the fee in Baht in cash (10k).

And that's it ! I was quite nervous for the next five days but went back to the embassy the following Wednesday (almost empty Embassy again) and to my greatest delight picked up my passport with my DTV printed in it.

Flew back to Thailand 2 days later and received my first 180 days stamp.

I hope my experience helps many here.

Life is good. Good luck !

Cheers

• Thanks 1