The 2 stratetic errors of the Democrats.

swissie

On 10/23/2024 at 9:11 PM, swissie said:

The 2 stratetic errors of the Democrats.

a) Accross party lines, most Americans want some sort of "Deportations" of illegals. (Kamala has not joined this bandwagon).

b) There is a number of white voters that will never vote for a black female for president. Under no circumstances.

Those missing 1 to 2 % will prevent Kamala from becoming president.

2 stratetic errors of epic proportions.

I call B.S 

Deportations happen under Biden.

The issue is mass deportations which would be violent, leave too many children separated, include deportation of citizens, and of course totally destroy the economy.

As far as race and identity agreed she loses bigots but she gains with women and also enthusiasm in turnout so you have no idea yet whether it's a pro or con.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, newnative said:

One thing to remember is the American people rejected Trump twice.  In 2016 he lost by 2.8 million votes.  A landslide in favor of Clinton.  Not a close race by any means by vote count.  Actual American voters didn't want him.  In 2020 he lost by 7 million votes--even more voters didn't want him.  An even bigger landslide in favor of Biden.

In 2024, actual American voters will likely prefer the Democrat candidate over Trump once again.  But, the Electoral College may award the presidency to Trump, as it did in 2016 over the wishes of the American voters.  Trump is a two-time loser with the American voters and likely will be a three-time loser with the voters after this election.  

"Winning" the popular vote is about as relevant as capturing the most pawns in a game of chess. In other words, zero.  Both parties and candidates understand the system going in. If they cannot adapt to it, that is on them.  Oh, your definition of "a landslide" is 2.5%?  Wow.

The current polls show a virtual tie in overall vote, and Trump leading in the 7 swing states.  Start stockpiling kleenex and ice cream.

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

"Winning" the popular vote is about as relevant as capturing the most pawns in a game of chess. In other words, zero.  Both parties and candidates understand the system going in. If they cannot adapt to it, that is on them.  Oh, your definition of "a landslide" is 2.5%?  Wow.

The current polls show a virtual tie in overall vote, and Trump leading in the 7 swing states.  Start stockpiling kleenex and ice cream.

He remains a two-time, and likely soon to be three-time loser with the American voters.  

3 minutes ago, newnative said:

He remains a two-time, and likely soon to be three-time loser with the American voters.  

Yeah? I seem to remember him living in the White House for a while, kind of strange for a loser to do so... the Syndrome is strong in you, young Paduan.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, AndreasHG said:

But the forces who shall support Harris are dependent on the perceived qualities of the Dem candidate...

Not entirely as there are those who will vote for Harris in opposition to Trump and his ilk.

• Haha 1

On 10/23/2024 at 7:25 AM, riclag said:

You think so?

Polling shows despite her winning black votes she is down 20% from past dem Presidents.

I agree about the deportations!

But I think Trump has to start with the criminal element first!It will be tough getting at the sanctuary city element, don’t you think?

She is loosing the black vote. You getting your false info from CNN.

2 hours ago, tootall said:

She is loosing the black vote. You getting your false info from CNN.

She's weak with the young black male vote but quite strong with the black female vote.

That's basically the election in nutshell -- she wins or loses based on ALL women's turnout.

I think she wins narrowly. 

Why?

I'm not in the US but I'm hearing first hand reports that the Kamala ENTHUSIASM is epic.

The polls are just noise especially considered most are republican biased which means the Trump vote is artificially inflated when combined.

Edited by Jingthing