Foreigner Wrecks Chiang Mai Stall After Smoking Ban Warning

webfact

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

But every Brit I know, almost without exception, has basic decency, manners, and respect for others - qualities you lack.

So are you claiming we do not have a terrible reputation abroad?

we can either keep denying it or we can accept the reality and apologize.

A real man will apologize.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, proton said:

Not all, mostly the bald headed, tattooed cargo short wearers from disgusting towns north of Nottingham who come here for the 'birds' :smile:

I thought you said you had yourself a Thai bird??

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I was a smoker for 35 years and it used to p1ss me off to no end to see how rude and arrogant most other smokers were.

Literally ZERO respect for anyone else. Throw their still burning "butts" wherever they felt like. Deliberately lighting up in the middle of a group or in a crowded place.

I don't know where they got that "entitled" attitude that they should be allowed to smoke anywhere and toss their butts wherever - or drop them into beer bottles without caring if someone was drinking from that bottle (I've seen @ss****s do exactly that and then move away so they can pretend it wasn't them) or stubbing their butts out on food plates (and so on and so on).

Frakken hated seeing people cooking with a cigarette dangling from their mouths right over top of whatever they were cooking. 

And then you get the people who are often (insert rude term here) at the best of times, put a couple beer into them and you get people like you see in the video. And it's not limited to any one race/culture/nation.

I quit just over 12 years ago now and am so glad I did. Breath easier, smell better and - supposedly, am "healthier". (Apparently my risk of smoking related heart disease or strokes is now around the same as for someone who's never smoked.)

But non smokers are so selfish.. take a bar or resto with 2 or 3 tables outside for smokers and 15 inside for non smokers, guess where the non smokers sit...selfish to the core..

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

Sadly you are right.

i would like to apologize on behalf of all of us.

We have a bad habit of offending locals and annoying tourists from other countries, many of who will never return.

i am genuinely sorry.

Sad <deleted>.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

And an absolute abominable set of actions by the smoker!

Threatening a drug addict's next fix can produce severe reactions. They are also completely unacceptable reactions and violence of any kind should be given draconian punishment except when in self defense.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Nicholas Paul KNIGHT said:

There speaks another educated idiot with ZERO common-sense

He has an opinion different than yours . 

Your aggression shows you should look at your self 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

What a stupid question!

Not such a stupid question Scottie

If all  bottles had a risk of exploding because a person is smoking in a meter or two god help us all

Edited by itsari
Extra
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

This kind of foreigners disturbing the peace need to be apprehended, deported and banned from entry.

Today he was destroying a stall for some absurd ego issue. What will such a drunk or under drugs do tomorrow ? He could physically harm somebody due to his mental and ego issues.

Is it again one more of those low lifes who are broke in their country and come to Thailand and think no end of themselves for a few weeks ? No wonder they don't like us falangs here.

But also need to keep in mind that many Thai's are also racist and just do not like falangs. Any excuse is good to cheat or to be rude to a falang.  So it works both ways of course. Except that this is their country so such a situation may ask just to walk away when one of the locals starts to get rude and give your money to another business where they will still cheat you of course...but with a smile 😁

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, 2long said:

The report suggests that the vendor politely asked him to stop smoking, but is there proof of this politeness?

The report also says the vendor's sister stepped in to ask what was going on. Is there also proof of this?

I'm far from on the side of the smoking farang, but anyone who's been here long enough knows (in addition to how bad farang can be) that sometimes the locals don't ask politely and their 'siblings' happily and quickly join in a confrontation without 'asking who's right or wrong'

Just saying!

And do you have proof that what the vendor said and did was wrong?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

This kind of foreigners disturbing the peace need to be apprehended, deported and banned from entry.

Today he was destroying a stall for some absurd ego issue. What will such a drunk or under drugs do tomorrow ? He could physically harm somebody due to his mental and ego issues.

Is it again one more of those low lifes who are broke in their country and come to Thailand and think no end of themselves for a few weeks ? No wonder they don't like us falangs here.

But also need to keep in mind that many Thai's are also racist and just do not like falangs. Any excuse is good to cheat or to be rude to a falang.  So it works both ways of course. Except that this is their country so such a situation may ask just to walk away when one of the locals starts to get rude and give your money to another business where they will still cheat you of course...but with a smile 😁

I keep the matter that a large percentage of Thais have no wish to have anything to do with a European in my head all the time.

Most of the time if they are receiving money from you there is a different attitude sad to say.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, proton said:

Not all, mostly the bald headed, tattooed cargo short wearers from disgusting towns north of Nottingham who come here for the 'birds' :smile:

How south are you master Proton?

Isle of Weight perhaps

Don't be so condescending please

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, black tabby12345 said:

That's what my English friend often says now days.

Even in a small town, pretty unsafe to walk outside home at night, according to him.

As thugs often hang around for the search of prey.

So he also stresses that he is better off here than back home.

Even though I have heard quite a different stories in old time(1970s).

English people were generally known for their commonsense orientation.

Sadly that was a different generation.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, itsari said:

Commense is all that's needed that you lack miserably 

Commense?????    

Look at the video on Page 1, and you may see that the man smoking is far away from the green gas bottle on the left, which has a pan sitting on top of it.

I am in no way condoning the man's smoking, simply questioning the vendor's reason for throwing the water at him. 

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

If the gas stove was lit for cooking, that poses a far greater risk than a cigarette a few metres away.

The 'smoking near a Gas stove' is somewhat of a red-herring or a distraction for the underlying story.....

...  An anti-social pr!ck was smoking in a public area with the self-righteous arrogance that this was his right and no one else around him mattered...

... How the two women at the stall addressed the issue of him smoking in front of their stall is most likely a point of escalation....    but the pr!ck should not have been smoking there in the first place.

• Agree 2