My Microsoft Word has been 'deactivated'. What can I do?

siftasam

I've been using Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019 with no problems until now. Now, I cannot do anything with Word. I cannot edit or even attach a Word document to an email. I rely on Word very much.

Yesterday I signed up for the 'free' month trial of Microsoft 365. The problem is the same. I am 'persona non grata' with Microsoft!

This is the message I receive over my documents.

"This copy of Microsoft Office is designed for corporate or institutional customers (I'm not one of those!). Connect your computer to your corporate network to complete activation. If this software was not purchased for corporate or institutional use, it may be counterfeit.........

I'm a computer dummy. What can I do to have my Microsoft Word reactivated? Many thanks for any help!

19 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Install one of the free Office substitutes, eg Open Office, which will recognise all your Microsoft Word and Excel files.

It doesn't seem to show a Windows 64 bit option.

I started the download changed to sown load language to English (British) and it reset the language to English (US) and still won't accept the 64 bit Windows download.

Am I doing something wrong or missing something? 

32 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Buy one of the cheap options on Lazada:

https://www.lazada.co.th/tag/microsoft-word/?q=microsoft word&catalog_redirect_tag=true

I dare not throw out a cursory example but must leave that to our resident Authority.

So you can uninstall your 2019 and enjoy an upgrade.

Nice to see that you think of me 😊

OP can try this before spending time and money reinstalling: 

If it doesn't work, they can do it another way 😊

1 minute ago, NowNow said:

Nice to see that you think of me 😊

OP can try this before spending time and money reinstalling: 

If it doesn't work, they can do it another way 😊

Of course, but, personally, I'd upgrade, so cheap to do so.

3 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Of course, but, personally, I'd upgrade, so cheap to do so.

Why? 

It's not EOL until the same date for Windows 10. 

What will they gain for their time and money?

1 hour ago, siftasam said:

This copy of Microsoft Office is designed for corporate or institutional customers (I'm not one of those!). Connect your computer to your corporate network to complete activation. If this software was not purchased for corporate or institutional use, it may be counterfeit.........

Meaning you were using illegal MS Office package with corporate licensing, and that corporation either revoked the licenses, or Microsoft did, and as you were using illegal software, they have now blacklisted you. Office 365 (not trial, but purchase) might be your option, but possibly a better option would be (if you don't mind paying for it) to completely uninstall the Office from your PC, then install a genuine Office 2022, which actually isn't particularly expensive.

There are illegal ways to get office installed without paying for a key like a few posts up, should you want to go that way, it's your decision.

4 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Meaning you were using illegal MS Office package with corporate licensing, and that corporation either revoked the licenses, or Microsoft did, and as you were using illegal software, they have now blacklisted you. Office 365 (not trial, but purchase) might be your option, but possibly a better option would be (if you don't mind paying for it) to completely uninstall the Office from your PC, then install a genuine Office 2022, which actually isn't particularly expensive.

There are illegal ways to get office installed without paying for a key like a few posts up, should you want to go that way, it's your decision.

Nothing illegal in what I posted. Don't be silly now. You didn't even look at it did you? Not intelligent.

Why not link to the 'genuine' Office 2022? 😊

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, siftasam said:

Many thanks for your replies everybody; so quick and so helpful.

I'll certainly start with the local computer shop in Lamphun .

I'll certainly investigate all the options that you suggest.

yes,   your easiest and simplest way is let the Thai shop handle it .....   just tell him to get Microsoft office installed up and running ...

Don't care how or where he gets it from,  you just want it working. 

13 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes,   your easiest and simplest way is let the Thai shop handle it .....   just tell him to get Microsoft office installed up and running ...

Don't care how or where he gets it from,  you just want it working. 

The best way is to buy a "license" from shoppe for next to nothing.

Personally no Thai guy is touching my pron and bookmarks.

• Like 1